TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

17 20.48%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

21 25.30%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

38 45.78%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

0 0%
  • I don't know what's going on!

7 8.43%
Page 241 of 241 FirstFirst ... 141191196201206211216221226231236237238239240241
Results 6,001 to 6,006 of 6006

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Quote Originally Posted by Medlar View Post
    Another worrying headline caused by a worrying President,

The top nuclear commander in the US says he would resist any "illegal" presidential order to launch a strike.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42041975
    That commander isn't the only one (besides most of the rest of the world) worried about that loose-cannon Trump. I tried searching but can't find whatever came of this proposed bill ('Donald Trump would have to seek congressional approval if he wanted to launch a first strike with nuclear weapons, under new legislation introduced in a direct response to his election as president.'): http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7545191.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoose View Post
    Ya I seen that and the first thing I thought was Trump probably wants to replace that commander with someone that will blindly carry out his ever whim, Cheers!
    Yeah, that seems to be his normal reaction when one of his underlings disagrees with him. I still think the White House should've installed a revolving door after Trump was elected. lol

NSA perspective on the "Russian Hacking"

TLDR: If it had been the Russians, proving it would have been a trivial matter for US intelligence. They have tools embedded in major internet switches that would have traced the network activity directly back to Russian operatives.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2017/11/70011.html

If it were the Russians, NSA would have a trace route to them and not equivocate on who did it. It’s like using “Trace Route” to map the path of all the packets on the network. In the program Treasuremap NSA has hundreds of trace route programs embedded in switches in Europe and hundreds more around the world. So, this set-up should have detected where the packets went and when they went there.

First of all, packet tracing is useless over a network of anonymizing relays, although who knows how many of those have been compromised by the NSA.

Second of all, the Russians would be absolute fools to hack a DNC server directly from a computer in Russia. If the hackers were operating in Russia, they probably would have used a compromised system somewhere else to initiate the hack from, and accessed that compromised system through a chain of other compromised computers and/or an anonymous network, and they could have cleaned any of the compromised systems they used along the way.

Third, if they were really serious about covering their tracks, the hack would have been perpetrated by an agent outside of Russia, accessing the internet from a public wi-fi hotspot, using a laptop with a wireless NIC configured with a spoofed MCA address, and then destroy the laptop afterward. Good luck tracing that.

EDIT: If I had to guess about why they think it's the Russians, I'd guess that it's based on an analysis of "fingerprints" left behind indicating what vulnerabilities were exploited, what tools may have been used, types and locations of compromised system used along the way, time of day, etc. And motive. And matching the pattern to other hacks that are more obviously connected to Russian interference, i.e. perpetrated against former Soviet countries.
    Last edited by heywood; 20th Nov 2017 at 11:44.

I still want to believe that Trump, Mueller, and Sessions used the "collusion" narrative right from the start, to cover the fact that they have all three been working together to bring down some very evil people.

I mean, if you are a *true* narcissist, and you want to do something that you *will* be remembered for:

Campaign becomes concrete:

Whatever Goldlooney.

Back to the real world-

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    EDIT: If I had to guess about why they think it's the Russians, I'd guess that it's based on an analysis of "fingerprints" left behind indicating what vulnerabilities were exploited, what tools may have been used, types and locations of compromised system used along the way, time of day, etc. And motive. And matching the pattern to other hacks that are more obviously connected to Russian interference, i.e. perpetrated against former Soviet countries.
    My guess would be an old fashioned mole or listening device. Spooks, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Whatever Goldlooney.

Back to the real world-

My guess would be an old fashioned mole or listening device. Spooks, man.
    Some of that information has been released already. It's inconclusive at best.

https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2016/...lware-ip-hack/

The IP addresses that DHS provided may have been used for an attack by a state actor like Russia. But they don’t appear to provide any association with Russia. They are probably used by a wide range of other malicious actors, especially the 15% of IP addresses that are Tor exit nodes.

The malware sample is old, widely used and appears to be Ukrainian. It has no apparent relationship with Russian intelligence and it would be an indicator of compromise for any website.

You can find a public repository containing the data used in this report on github.

Given that this story is coming to us from the same people who insisted that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, that "torture" at black sites was a liberal conspiracy theory, that they don't perform surveillance of our electronic communications, and Benghazi was caused by a video (a list of lies that cuts across all partisan lines), I think it's reasonable to set the bar for persuasion somewhat higher than "because anonymous officials said so".

Sidenote:

First of all, packet tracing is useless over a network of anonymizing relays, although who knows how many of those have been compromised by the NSA.
    Read some of the earlier disclosures. The correct answer is "all of them". The routers come with pre-installed vulnerabilities bespoke for CIA/NSA usage.

Page 241 of 241 FirstFirst ... 141191196201206211216221226231236237238239240241