TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

18 18.56%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

27 27.84%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

42 43.30%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

0 0%
  • I don't know what's going on!

10 10.31%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

C

K

well i hope you guys have a more forgiving page scroll than me

Moderator and Priest
    Is Piglick having a stroke? I'm scared.

Oh he "had a stroke" alright

Moderator and Priest
    Innuendos are so rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    You mean the tax break specifically, or Trump in general?
    The unprecedented event of so many companies actually stepping up and reinvesting, which was the *sole* intention of the tax cuts. Trump broadcast it as loud as day, and in this age of self-policing/TwitterTrump, whether we like it or not, we now have a president who relentlessly backs up his agenda, again, whether it is right or wrong.

Considering that the past administrations did EVERYTHING in their power to run businesses out of our country, the idea of the tax/regulation cuts was to create a climate beneficial to getting all of these companies to "come back to America", with the intention of reinvesting the tax cuts into the equipment, employees, on and on.

And guess what, no matter how much CNN tries to stick your fingers in your ears for you, COMPANIES have done so, and not just a few, again, in this modern time of TrumpTwitter, many companies, almost like... a revolution. And since this administration has an actual purpose, many purposes, they are relentless in their pursuit, unlike wimpy Obama, who *is* going to jail someday.

Why, he already lawyered up!

Today we join self-proclaimed independent thinker Goldmoon Dawn parroting Trumpublican rhetoric for the five thousandth time.

I wouldn't have thought Vae could have been outdone, but if you're as gleefully pig-ignorant as GMD, the sty's the limit!

Moderator and Priest
    Good god, Gold. Here you are, repeating tired election campaign propaganda almost verbatim back at us, dressed up slightly with the usual internet subversive wannabe spin talk you see as standard on 4Chan and r/thedonald, yet you still have the temerity to accuse everyone who doesn't agree with you of being unable to think for themselves? Do you not see the inherent contradiction in your actions here? Do you not see why people here think you're a goddamn moron?

By this point, you could tell us all you're a flatearther, and it wouldn't surprise anyone in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    yet you still have the temerity to accuse everyone who doesn't agree with you of being unable to think for themselves?
    What did I say that was wrong? Well, whatever it was, ok...

I seem to recall pointing out the fact that many companies are doing what they were intended to do with their tax cut, that was all. However, that doesnt fit neatly into your guyses thing you got going on, I get it. It seems to me, that it is *you* guys that are in a clear case of denial. Um, lol.

Moderator and Priest
    What? Giving out $1000 dollar bonuses here and there? They could've afforded to do that long before the tax break. The Dow Jones recovered from the Great Recession in 2013, and has been climbing to historic highs ever since. Why'd they wait til now to do it? Are they going to do it again next year?

Actually, some of the companies already had plans to give out bonuses. It was just fortunate timing and good PR. And some of the same companies laid off workers as well, but unsurprisingly that does not tend to come up in the right wing talking points.

Not to mention that these bonuses are a pittance compared to the huge windfall they are getting. A lot of which going into share buybacks as a way to reward shareholders: https://www.investopedia.com/news/sh...l-over-decade/

Moderator and Priest
    Really, just about everything Gold is claiming can be countered by looking at the Dow Jones historical report. Obama's presidency was hardly the economic wasteland he's claiming it to be. The only complaint you could make about it was that it took him two years longer to climb out the recession relative to the Reagan recovery, and didn't climb quite as quickly as it did under Clinton.

But the recession Obama inherited was also far more severe than that inherited by Reagan or Clinton, so that result is to be expected.

Well, the stock market is not really a good indication how the economy is doing or how well people are doing. Stocks are mostly held by the wealthiest of people.

Moderator and Priest
    To some extent, it is. It's a perfect indicator of how the high end of the market is doing, which does translate somewhat to more jobs, and higher levels of growth if it's up.

It's especially true of the inverse. If it's down, companies are going to be laying people off left and right to maintain their margins.

Sure, they influence each other to some extent, but for example, a stock market going down could be a sign that the economy is doing too well and the investors are afraid of inflation and raised interest rates. Markets are driven as much by perception and fear as anything else:

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Markets are driven as much by perception and fear as anything else
    This is very true. While there is a basic foundation for everything, a lot of it is dependent upon how people feel and think at any given moment.

One of the best way to start a recession is to run around and tell everyone we're about to enter a recession, and you should SELL SELL SELL!

Stocks have been over-valued for a while, they just needed something to trigger a sell-off. I think the trigger was the tax cut going into effect combined with spending increases. The deficit goes up, the Treasury has to sell more bonds, bond yields go up, stocks fall. It's a healthy price correction, and it's better to take it now while the economy is strong rather than having a bigger bubble burst later.

No one has said anything about Trump sending back the Democratic response to the Nunes memo?

Moderator and Priest
    Cuz no one's surprised.

Well that's IT! I've HAD it now!

Well thanks guys, a lot of good information.

And the Dem memo was sent back to avoid sillyness. If the Dems *really* have a memo they want to put out, they will...

They do have a memo, one that both Republicans and Democrats voted to be released. And Lord Dampnut blocked it, because it seems he thinks he does not look guilty enough yet.

So that is what you have gathered?

Well, what I have gathered is that the memo was worded in such a way as to purposefully force over 75% of it to be redacted, and the Trump team felt that it was just a ploy so that the Dems could then go on the TV and say "look the Repubs blocked most of the memo". Trump sent it back and said fix it.

Page 266 of 289 FirstFirst ... 16166216221226231236241246251256261262263264265266267268269270271276281286 ... LastLast