TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

18 18.56%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

27 27.84%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

42 43.30%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

0 0%
  • I don't know what's going on!

10 10.31%
Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 32182232237242247252257262267272277278279280281282
Results 7,026 to 7,032 of 7032

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    The US is a strange place in many ways. I hear so much about how the right to own guns is essential to freedom (and to the bottom line of the domestic arms industry), but there are no national privacy laws and most people are apparently quite okay with a surveillance apparatus that no longer merely borders on Orwellian. Meanwhile, not only is privacy considered to be a human right in the EU, there's a new law that can only be described as a privacy law on steroids: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genera...ion_Regulation
    100% agree with you on that.

Most Americans value free shit higher than privacy. Offer them a free service or a discount on something in return for personal info and they'll happily hand it over. Way back when the Gmail beta trial was announced, I was surprised that so many people were excitedly lining up to have their emails scanned for advertising purposes. It's only gotten worse since then. Most people consider advertising harmless, but don't think about what happens when their data leaks into the hands of bad actors. About 5% of Americans were affected by identity theft last year, which is more than the number involved in car accidents, but there's still not much awareness.

It takes some chutzpah to spin buying up foreclosed properties to profit off of them as "contributing to the community".

Hannity has always been a real blowhard. The guy annoys the hell out of me.

But I'm having a hard time seeing what's wrong here. The guy is into flipping houses. So what? Everybody with some spare change got into that game after the housing bust a decade ago. Well, maybe not everybody, but sometimes it seemed like it. It became such a thing that there were several major network TV shows dedicated to it. Nothing wrong with it.

And he used the same lawyer as Trump. Again, so what? Trump is a real estate mogul. Hannity is getting into real estate. Most likely, Trump pointed Hannity in the direction of Michael Cohen. Is there something wrong with that? I'm having trouble seeing it.

Hannity is profiting big time from the policies of his buddies in government. He didn't just get a sweetheart deal on a house, he has profiteered to the tune of 10's of millions of dollars, from the garbage mortgage scam that nearly destroyed the US banking system (and the huge bailout from the feds). He has received financial assistance in the millions from Ben Carson's department. Carson, a friend and frequent guest on Hannity's clearing house for accusations of corruption. He doing the exact thing he accuses other of, in spades.

He doesn't just have Michael Cohen as a lawyer, he has him as a regular guest, spinning a narrative to cover their filthy tracks.

Just watch Packman's video again.

At the very least he should have disclosed those relationships when he had them on as quests.

Like, "Cohen is being unfairly targeted by the Republican-led Democratic witch hunt! Oh, and btw he's also my lawyer / good buddy / giving me expert legal advice for free / whatever exactly their relationship is."
    Last edited by Starker; 25th Apr 2018 at 08:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    Hannity is profiting big time from the policies of his buddies in government. He didn't just get a sweetheart deal on a house, he has profiteered to the tune of 10's of millions of dollars, from the garbage mortgage scam that nearly destroyed the US banking system (and the huge bailout from the feds). He has received financial assistance in the millions from Ben Carson's department. Carson, a friend and frequent guest on Hannity's clearing house for accusations of corruption. He doing the exact thing he accuses other of, in spades.
    The FHA loan program started with the National Housing Act in 1934, as part of the New Deal. It's not something Ben Carson came up with. At the peak of the home loan credit crisis, FHA backed something like 1/3 of all new mortgages, so this isn't a Sean Hannity exclusive deal. HUD policies are intended to encourage real estate developers to invest in low and middle income housing. Investors buy them up from the banks, fix them up, and flip them for a profit when demand returns. There's nothing wrong with that, it's good for all. Without the investors, many if not most foreclosed homes and abandoned housing developments would have been stripped for copper, condemned, left for squatters, and/or turned into drug dens.

If it turns out that Hannity got special treatment from HUD, i.e. getting FHA loans that nobody else could have gotten, then there would be a story here. But so far, I haven't heard anything like that.

He doesn't just have Michael Cohen as a lawyer, he has him as a regular guest, spinning a narrative to cover their filthy tracks.

Just watch Packman's video again.
    Again, so what? It's his show, he can have anybody he wants on as a guest. It's an opinion program, he can offer any opinion he wants. The fact that he supports policies that help him make money is not the slightest bit shocking. In that sense, he's hardly different from the millions of other people with a talk show, YouTube channel, or blog.

Personally, I think Hannity is a sanctimonious asshole. But I just don't see anything filthy about his investments... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    At the very least he should have disclosed those relationships when he had them on as quests.

Like, "Cohen is being unfairly targeted by the Republican-led Democratic witch hunt! Oh, and btw he's also my lawyer / good buddy / giving me expert legal advice for free / whatever exactly their relationship is."
    Agreed. I couldn't care less whether Hannity worked with Cohen, but it should be customary to disclose any business relationships.
    Last edited by heywood; 25th Apr 2018 at 10:01.

Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 32182232237242247252257262267272277278279280281282