TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

    16 20.25%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

    19 24.05%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

    37 46.84%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

    0 0%
  • I don't know what's going on!

    7 8.86%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

  1. #1976
    Level 10,000 achieved
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Finland
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    I think that most people would agree that Trump is killing it. It's just that it's up in the air what "it" includes besides things like international relations and standards of common decency. Will it be civil rights? The environment? We just don't know yet.

  2. #1977
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    The annoying part is the continuous fake news by the media in attempts to get him to lose his presidency. I get the reason behind it (they backed Hillary in the election), but that's not good reporting at all. Especially as it all is put out there as real factual stories.

  3. #1978
    Level 10,000 achieved
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Finland
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Especially as it all is put out there as real factual stories.
    Not really. The Buzzfeed story stated clearly that the "leaked documents" were unverified, not that that excuses them from posting it in the first place. Every other news site I saw reporting on it stated clearly that it was to be taken with a hefty pinch of salt. If you saw some news site reporting it as fact, though, please provide a link. Also, what are these "continuous fake news" stories? Only one I've seen is the one that popped up this week on Buzzfeed.
    Last edited by henke; 12th Jan 2017 at 02:59.

  4. #1979
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: London / London / London
    Yeah, it's being reported as an allegation without any real substance. Trump's just trying to use the latest buzzwords as a shit-shield.

  5. #1980
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    The annoying part is the continuous fake news by the media in attempts to get him to lose his presidency. I get the reason behind it (they backed Hillary in the election), but that's not good reporting at all. Especially as it all is put out there as real factual stories.
    It's not fake news! It was reported on BuzzFeed and CNN!...Donald Trump is a Russian Golden Shower lover!...

  6. #1981
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: London / London / London
    Seriously, find me an article that is reporting the allegations in this dossier as facts. Is even CNN doing that?

  7. #1982
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    And I'd link you some stuff but all I've seen was on TV. I did a search of several local news sites but could not find anything flat out saying it as fact on those ones.

  8. #1983
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: London / London / London
    Ha, right. So these 'continuous fake news stories', can you find anything for those?

    Mind you I'm scoffing but I haven't watched TV news on years, maybe they do say things that aren't repeated anywhere else. What channels were you watching? Most places have their stuff on the web too don't they? I can help you look.

  9. #1984
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    All Nazi homophobes love Golden Showers, so it must be true!...

  10. #1985
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: London / London / London
    No no no, it's the FBI and CIA who are Nazis

  11. #1986
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea


    Check your Cis White Male privilege and stop attacking the virtuous BuzzFeed and CNN!...

  12. #1987
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Meh, not worth following anymore.

    Do you know what happened to the president of Malawi this week? Does Malawi even have a president or is it a PM? That's the train the US leader what's-his-name is on. That's where I'm at with that person anyway.

    People used to say "but what the US does affects me". Is that really true now? Are you really planning your day based on a 70-year-old's opinion of a Vanity Fair article? Has what's-his-face ever said anything that merits deeper thought than an opinion of a Vanity Fair article? Hint: I can't even be bothered enough to look into it. But go ahead and knock yourselves out.
    Last edited by demagogue; 12th Jan 2017 at 04:21.

  13. #1988
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Ha, right. So these 'continuous fake news stories', can you find anything for those?

    Mind you I'm scoffing but I haven't watched TV news on years, maybe they do say things that aren't repeated anywhere else. What channels were you watching? Most places have their stuff on the web too don't they? I can help you look.
    Channels 7, 9 and 10 over here in Australia. Note that I ran checks on each of their websites earlier and the wording was different there.

    Note 2 - By continuous fake news I was referring to the other things reported over the past few months (claims of sex abuse by all those women during the election, the recent stuff about him hiring 2 prostitutes and wanting them to pee on each other, the hacking scandal stuff etc etc). Next week we'll be hearing more made up stuff.

  14. #1989
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2000
    Location: Near Brisbane, Australia
    What makes you say those claims were false? I've not heard anything to prove or disprove them (which is hardly surprising).

    Either way, reporting claims of sex abuse is not fake news.

  15. #1990
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: London / London / London
    Yeah those are things that definitely happened. Fake news is the bat-boy type shit. Like 'Obama replaces pledge of allegiance with listening to reign in blood at max volume' sort of stories. Those women definitely did allege that trump sexually assaulted them.

  16. #1991
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Not Kansas
    THIS:

    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    I think that most people would agree that Trump is killing it. It's just that it's up in the air what "it" includes besides things like international relations and standards of common decency. Will it be civil rights? The environment? We just don't know yet.
    Also, how in the hell can I take that creature seriously when he obviously places Tweeting his disapproval and condemnation of actors and actresses who criticize him above attending intelligence briefings (of which he is in dire need)? Well, imo he's definitely 'killing it' when it comes to making himself look like an orange buffoon. Somebody take that idiot's cell phone away, ffs.

  17. #1992
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    Goldmoon Dawn is trollin' it.

  18. #1993
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    Location: Minecraft
    I listened to Trump deny the allegation on the radio and it sounded like there was an edge of resignation in his voice as if someone had pointed out that it didn't matter if the tape existed or not, this was going to damage him, much like David Cameron and the pig story (though that one had an edge of humour to it so everyone was repeating it even though I doubt the actually believed it). I think Trump is going to be in for a rough 4 years because this kind of thing is going to keep happening. It's like his attempts to discredit Obama regarding his birth certificate, his detractors are going to hound him.

    Similar to the (probably apocryphal) story of a politician making up a smear that his opponent was a pig fucker, they're just going to want to hear him deny these things.

  19. #1994
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    It is going to keep happening to him in part because he set the tone for using fake news against others and because if this ain't true, something just as bad or worse likely is. There's no way someone as pathological and entitled as Trump doesn't have bodies in the basement, figuratively or literally.

  20. #1995
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    One of the most prominent and stubborn birthers is really in no position to complain about made-up scandals.

  21. #1996
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Chade View Post
    What makes you say those claims were false? I've not heard anything to prove or disprove them (which is hardly surprising).

    Either way, reporting claims of sex abuse is not fake news.
    No disrespect intended to the women involved. Was just the timing of it all. If it all is proven to be true then fair enough.

  22. #1997
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: London / London / London
    Dude, seriously. That's not what fake news is.

  23. #1998
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    No disrespect intended to the women involved. Was just the timing of it all. If it all is proven to be true then fair enough.
    If the timing was suspicious, it'd be on the women making the claims, and not the news reporting them.

    It's the same with this story. All the news outlets reporting on the story have been adamant about the fact it's unverified, and the only reason why they're running it at all is that it comes from reputable sources. You may be able to get away with a claim that it's sensationalist, but these documents have been floating around, have been discussed in Washington, so there is some reasoning behind running it, if not as an expose on Trump, then a report on current events.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 12th Jan 2017 at 12:30.

  24. #1999
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: London / London / London
    Also, the timing was due to a recording surfacing of trump saying that he sexually assaults women.

  25. #2000
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Yup. Usually when something like that pops up against a powerful person, it acts as a catalyst for other people to come forward with their claims without any fear of reprisal.

    I guess you could call it the Bill Cosby effect.

    edit: Plus stories like this add some veracity that the story at least came from reputable sources. I see a lot of people on the internet dismissing it as being a story baked up by 8Chan, and our intelligence agencies are so dumb, they took it and ran with it the moment they came across it.

    Nope. It came from an ex-MI6 agent who now runs a private investigation firm for high profile clients. The Democrats and Republicans both used him during the campaign. That doesn't mean it's true, that we should take every word of it as reality. But at the same time, you have to wonder why so many people and news organizations, who live and die by their reputations, would be willing to forward something so potentially damaging without at least some assurance of its veracity.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 12th Jan 2017 at 12:42.

Page 80 of 234 FirstFirst ... 30354045505560657075767778798081828384859095100105110115120125130180 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •