TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 Mission: Kidnap.. by Artelius 20/01/2017 (Strange Ventures contest)

T2 Mission: Kidnap.. by Artelius 20/01/2017 (Strange Ventures contest)

After a while, we've got a second entry into the contest. Download it here.
    Last edited by Dev_Anj; 21st Jan 2017 at 11:47.

Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out, Unna. Fixed now.

The read me has no date. Released on 20 Jan 17? Should be reflected in the post title.

This is great news! Congratulations on the release.

Sensut released an FM named Kidnap in July 2006.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Sensut released an FM named Kidnap in July 2006.
    Never heard of this. Download link please.

I recognize the areas of this mission, but i forgot who made it. But this looks like Belboz style.
    Last edited by Cardia; 21st Jan 2017 at 16:07.

This is an original Thief 2 mission. Kidnap
    http://thief.wikia.com/wiki/OM_T2_Kidnap

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    This is an original Thief 2 mission. Kidnap
    http://thief.wikia.com/wiki/OM_T2_Kidnap
    WTF, i don't remember playing this mission on Thief 2 when i bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    Never heard of this. Download link please.
    Looks like a mistake. It's listed in my FM database but no such mission exists by Sensut.

Having fun playing this but I am getting a lot of crashes to desk top. Is anyone else having this problem? Mainly after I load a quick save, I have not tried a real save yet off to try that.

EDIT: I could not even load the regular save it crashed straight to desk top????
    Made sure I could play other missions and loaded Seven Sisters and have been playing for several minutes with no issues?
    Last edited by pwl; 21st Jan 2017 at 21:40.

Awesome, that's a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Having fun playing this but I am getting a lot of crashes to desk top. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Me too. Also causing screen to freeze, and frame rate is sketchy esp. in more open parts. Haven't had any such problems with other FMs or OMs. Shame cos I love lost worlds and was enjoying this one, but at mo I can't play it!

In Site 1 some monsters are firing firebolts constantly. This can't be sane. Kill the fire elementals between Site 1 and Site 9 and near Site 1. Maybe this helps.

This mission seems to use a lot of Dromed Deluxe assets. I know that the firebolts of DeDx make my game stutter and crash when I try them out in Dromed, so maybe that's the reason for some of the issues?

The mission played fine with me - no crashes etc - via Darkloader, but played with no special packs.

Nice rework but, hey, Cavador not looking so good these days!

OMG! Seraching info of this mission made me find out its a OM of thief 2, i can't believe i have forgot this mission came with the game. Its seems i didn't play thief 2 many times in order to remember that, or probably because its been years since the last time i played the thief 2 missions.

Been I while since I played Thief 2, boy this sure brings back some great memories of the Lost City! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    OMG! Seraching info of this mission made me find out its a OM of thief 2, i can't believe i have forgot this mission came with the game. Its seems i didn't play thief 2 many times in order to remember that, or probably because its been years since the last time i played the thief 2 missions.
    Yeah, for me, the lost city just gets filed under thief1 in my mind, even if the thief2 OM revisited. Then, when I replayed thief1 I remembered there being mechs there so I filed that in my head under FM.

i got lag spikes every 5 seconds,once i got into the main part of mission,have to pass,but i did see the lava burrick/water and fire elements all over and spiders

guessing the amount of stuff is why i lagged

Update:I downloaded again and was able to finish the mission! Yeah Cavador looks like he took the wrong potion!!!
    or maybe it was spoiled

The mission is nice and has several new creatures running around. The fire burricks seem to be a bit too powerful, though, with their explosive breath attacks. Maybe a smaller blast radius would be in order. The water elementals can be quite dangerous because of their own fast movement as well as that of the projectiles they shoot.

By the way, who is this "Cavador" you all refer to? I only got Cadavor! Funny, that almost sounds like what I accidentally made of him once.

And while we're taling about strange creatures, I must mention a person in the camp clearly having a beard, yet speaking with a female mechanist voice. Didn't look too much like a Mechanist, btw..

And now for the less funny things.

There are several missing textures, especially around Site 4. A lot of the doorways there show up as blue rectangles for me, and in DromEd, the texture assigned to them is our old friend "Jorge". Other missing textures can be found to the right of the elevator at Site 6, on some metal reinforcements around a doorway/tunnel at Site 1, and around two pieces of Mechanist machinery embedded in a wall inside a building tilted sideways near Site 8.

Site 9 has a white plaque to the right of the doorway leading into the building there, but if I frob it, the screen just goes black. There's nothing to read there.

I also had the game stop for a split second every three to five seconds several times. Once, it happened at Site 4 in two places, but was gone again when I reloaded an earlier saved game. Twice I got it around Site 3, where two water elementals and an air/gas elemental were on the loose. However, it does not seem to be located near any of the monsters (I thought of the fire burrick at Site 4 and the water elementals at Site 3), but rather at a specific spot. Maybe the impact site of a projectile?

I had the game crash (with Windows' "Thief 2 has encountered a problem and needs to be closed in order not to f*ck up your computer" message) once when picking up one of the water arrows found behind a large metal cylinder at Site 1. This did not occur again when picking up the same arrow after reloading a saved game, thus it doesn't appear to be specific to that arrow. On another occasion, when firing a fire arrow at two water elementals around Site 3, the game freezed at about the time when the arrow hit its target (or maybe a projectile shot at me instead).

It would be nice if these problems would be addressed in a future release.
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 23rd Jan 2017 at 15:45. Reason: More info about the water arrow pickup problem

Has anyone find the secret?

(i don't mean the fact the Cavador has changed his name and species?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast