TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: New T2 Campaign: Godbreaker: Missions 3 & 4 (26 Jan 2017)

That is Merek's apartment. You can get the key from Merek's belt or from an upstairs window sill.

Huh. . I've already got the St. Uriel's gate key from a sleeping hammerite in an apartment that I thought was Merek, but I guess it wasn't? Where is Merek, anyway? In this particular mission, I've just been wandering around completely in the dark about where everything is and who and where everyone else is. . .and yet I've found just about everything I need to complete my objectives, even the veil of Illuz. Dumb luck, I guess.

After Merek's conversation with the guard outside the watch station, he walks to St. Uriel's and hangs out in the library.

Just finished this great campaign - I have to say, these are clearly one of the best FMīs I have ever played.
    Said campaign has a gripping story, an awesome level architecture and very well hidden loot: Godbreaker could be settled on a high difficulty, but the gameplay was never kind of frustrating, it was rather challenging.

What I liked expecially: (Spoiler Alert!)

- The clever usage of water in the swamp, the water pools made the venomous snakes nearly invisible and so I died for the first time without knowing what was going on.
    - Custom AIs and models, like giant moths, the spooky will-o-wisps, wild insect swarms, the new bugbeast and treebeast model
    - the coughing due to the poisoning in the 4th mission made actually noise and triggered the guards
    - the 4th mission also had a lot of climbing possibilites, I never reached points, where the player wasnīt supposed to go

The only thing which confused me was, that I didnīt found a key for St. Uriels gate in the first run, but near this building was an apartment in great height, were I found a slow-fall potion. So I solved the problem unconventional by jumping over the wall into St. Uriels yard. One of the guards inside had a key, so it was possible to leave this area. Was this variant intended?

I later found another key for the gate in an apartment over the crayman pub.

Thanks for this lovely campaign!

Yes, getting inside St. Uriel's from the rooftops is one of the intended ways. You can even do it without a slow-fall potion The key inside is so that you can get out, of course

Thanks for playing, Thinking Robot! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it so much!

Just finished! Ripping good fan mission, sir!

May have found a bug. Near the Watch Station is a narrow alley (where the 'lost ring' note is hanging). Merek enters this alley from one end and a guard enters it from the other. They get stuck and the two can't move. So I BJ'ed them both. Apparently, a conversation was to take place, which would have initiated a new goal of finding some diamonds. Now, the goal won't show up, even though I already have the diamonds.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    If Merek was walking down that alley to go to the cathedral, then the diamonds goal should already have been revealed (he only leaves after the conversation with the guard which in turn reveals the goal). Since I assume it wasn't, then that would indeed be a bug. Since you already have them, you've obviously been in the watch station and the conversation should have been triggered before you got inside.

Yeah, but he was walking toward the precinct, not away from it. In Dromed, he's standing in front of the precinct doors with another guard, so I'm not sure why he would be going around the mulberry bush, unless it was to alert the player, thereby drawing him/her in.

Sounds like he became alerted by something else and went to investigate, then was on his way back to his point of origin.
    It is possible to get in and grab the diamonds without hearing the conversation. I made it so. The only difference is that Conall's line after the conversation doesn't play if he's already got them.

Ah right, I forgot that. So I guess in this case, the player won't ever get the diamond objective since the trigger for the convo fired once already and failed due to Merek being on alert, and it won't fire again.

Yeah, I got the diamonds but no objective ever appeared.

WALKTHROUGH

Now contains all 4 missions and extensive maps.

I initially felt that The Final Thread needed a detailed, step-by-step, lead-you-by-the-hand affair. When I finished, however, it was 90% loot hunt. So I trashed it and did my usual thing of providing blatant answers on where to find XYZ.

Well that was ever so slightly amazing

Took a few attempts to get past the forced ghosting while coughing your lungs out & alerting everyone at the beginning but once past that it just opened up, and opened up and then opened up some more it's the best thieves highway mission I've played and just when you think there can't possibly be any more you spot an open window that leads to yet more

Very definite

Thank you and everyone who contributed to this

- EDIT -

One question is it possible to get to the location you can see in the crystal ball in the last mission ? or is that supposed to be the swamp witch from Mission 2
    Last edited by Esme; 8th Mar 2017 at 07:36. Reason: question added

wheres the ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    is it possible to get to the location you can see in the crystal ball in the last mission ? or is that supposed to be the swamp witch from Mission 2
    Somewhere in this thread (I think), it is mentioned that the swamp witch and the owner of the crystal ball are sisters, and their crystal balls show the other one's room with a crystal ball, respectively. The explanation apparently didn't make it into the game, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeus21 View Post
    wheres the ring?
    Look carefully on Woodfall Lane. It's actually not far from the Dancing Cray.

it seems im too late! now there are corpses outside the inn and the objective wont trigger when I get to the bar and give the ring the woman just attacks me!

Is it the ring you found just north of the inn? But that can't be, since other rings are added to the loot count and therefore not "droppable." Sounds like it could be a missing/corrupt script.

No Terry, he's saying that he can't return the ring because the lady is aggressive, because she saw a dead body or saw him brandish a weapon. That's just expected AI behavior under the circumstances.

Been having a lot of fun with this one. So many places to climb up to!

As someone said earlier in the thread, I found the second Godbreaker. Save a state before you go try and grab it, though. I actually dropped down behind the city and went wandering. I found the 2 people who left in the boat through the sewer and there is also a bunch of random buttons and switches floating in mid air. You have to reload as I could find no way to get back from here.

Quote Originally Posted by RJS66 View Post
    I found the second Godbreaker...I found the 2 people who left in the boat through the sewer and there is also a bunch of random buttons and switches floating in mid air.
    Those people, items and buttons are "stored" there for the various objectives. The buttons and switches function as relays as the player goes through the game and performs actions associated with them. Normally, the author would put all of this stuff inside a "blue" room, which is not accessible. However, it's sometimes more convenient to just place them elsewhere.

what are you supposed to do in the satanic apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeus21 View Post
    what are you supposed to do in the satanic apartment?
    Tremble?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast