TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: New T2 Campaign: Godbreaker: Missions 3 & 4 (26 Jan 2017)

Wow Wow and Wow

All three missions are brilliant, but the third is absolutely the finest, most perfect Thief mission I have ever played. It is essentially the dream mission that I have always wanted to play. I love city missions with a lot of vertical exploring and interconnections. This mission cannot be bettered in that respect. It is also beautiful, logical, and a joy to play and replay. I rate it higher than any of the missions made by Looking Glass itself. So many clever touches revealing the creator's simple joy in creation.
    Kudos.

Digging up an old classic...anyhoo

spoiler:
    I placed the incriminating letter on the high priest's desk, then grabbed the statue and headed back to the basement and placed it in the chest but the objective didn't tick off. Did I hit a bug or did I forget to do something else? I've played the last mission over three days so perhaps something slipped my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    spoiler:
    I placed the incriminating letter on the high priest's desk, then grabbed the statue and headed back to the basement and placed it in the chest but the objective didn't tick off. Did I hit a bug or did I forget to do something else? I've played the last mission over three days so perhaps something slipped my mind.
    I've just read my own notes as well as parts of Ricebug's Walthru concerning this mission of "Godbreaker". There are a few things which might go wrong.

At first, I did not find the right desk for the incriminating letter. I thought it was one in the library, but it's instead the one in the priest's room in which he is sleeping at the moment. Dropping the letter on that desk should make the appropriate objective tick off immediately.

Then there's that statue and the chest. The chest is in the basement of the house where the mission starts, and it's a "sea chest" located near the base of a flight of stairs. One should use the statue with it, not just drop it into the chest. The objective with the statue should tick off, and Conall should be laughing, or something similar.

If you did all that and still did not get both objectives to tick off, then I would indeed suspect that some kind of bug hit you.

Oh...forgot about Buggie's walkies. :

Anyhoo...I certainly
    spoiler:
    "used" the statue on the chest so I know that's right. And I dropped the letter on the correct desk...when I didn't get an indication of some sort I tried to pick it back up but could then only read it when frobbed so nothing more to do there.

Oh well, I'm just going with bug. No big deal. Still one of the finest Thief efforts to date.

Thanks baeuchlein.

i only wish mission 3 had one more thing that one rooftop house that had the pentagram on floor should have had a item somewhere on map that transported you to a evil place to get a easter egg/etc,that staff you get in mission 3 by using the spell to lower field,the staff should have been that item,instead of being something to would never use as by then the mission is pretty much over

i am finding myself loving the art paintings in fan mission i always like to find a piece i never seen and like a lot,and mission 3 had some gems for painting and the voice that a companys it is perfect Sean Connery was spot on

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i only wish mission 3 had one more thing that one rooftop house that had the pentagram on floor should have had a item somewhere on map that transported you to a evil place to get a easter egg/etc,that staff you get in mission 3 by using the spell to lower field,the staff should have been that item,instead of being something to would never use as by then the mission is pretty much over
    Initially I did have something more there. Perhaps for 2.0 if I ever get around to it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567