TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New T2 Campaign: Godbreaker: Missions 3 & 4 (26 Jan 2017)

New T2 Campaign: Godbreaker: Missions 3 & 4 (26 Jan 2017)

Please post your questions for The Final Thread here. Links to the other campaign theads:

Mission 1
    Mission 2

need a bit of help on mission 4 where is god breaker

found one part of what i needed

You have to find Merek's Apartment. Hints can be found at Nil's Chandlery, and also the upper floor of the apartment complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    You have to find Merek's Apartment. Hints can be found at Nil's Chandlery, and also the upper floor of the apartment complex.
    where is that on map?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    It's a big city, explore some and see if you can find it yourself, and look for the hints Rob already mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    It's a big city, explore some and see if you can find it yourself, and look for the hints Rob already mentioned.
    i found clue ty
    Last edited by downwinder; 27th Jan 2017 at 23:44.

There are two hints to where Merek lives. Did you get the maps from the watch station? Check out Widow's Walk.

mission 4 complete omg wow amazing missions,i even found a couple things the portrait of the random taffer Nickolas cage it looks like,i found a place where a spinning glyph on floor and i got the scroll of disperal but not sure what or if they do anything,but great seeing the mages,5134/6918,0/3 secrets would have no idea where they could be

hands down top mission of 2017 so far

also was dewdrop hidden in missions anywhere?
    Last edited by downwinder; 28th Jan 2017 at 00:21.

I ain't gonna lie, mission 4 is the most annoying mission I have played in a while.

Do you need help?

I have been trying for an hour to get the necklace without being caught and back down. the blackout and coughing give me away

You might try lowering the difficulty if you're having trouble. If you're playing expert, try this:

1. Go upstairs, turn off the light in kitchen.
    2. Jump onto the rug into the dining room to your right and grab the 3 healing fruits.
    3. If the guard is to your right at the end of the hall, creep onto the rug and run over to the stairs to the upper floor. Or, wait for him to to walk to down the hall to the left and follow him. Take a left at the upper stairs.
    4. If the guard is not standing at the top of the stairs, quickly hug the left wall and run up them, stopping in the shadowy corner.
    5. Wait for the hall guard to come and stand at the top of the stairs, then move past him down the hall to get the necklace.
    ^^^ If you do these steps quick enough, you can get into the Lady's room and shut the door to muffle a coughing fit. (The guards don't hear you every time- just sometimes and I'm not sure why)
    6. Once you've got the necklace, head back down the hall and hide in either the small room with the candle on the table or the same shadowy corner.
    7. You should have enough time to head down the stairs and dodge the hall guard on the bottom floor and creep back through the kitchen. You're home free from there.

You might try lowering the difficulty if you're having trouble. If you're playing expert, try this:

1. Go upstairs, turn off the light in kitchen.
    2. Jump onto the rug into the dining room to your right and grab the 3 healing fruits.
    3. If the guard is to your right at the end of the hall, creep onto the rug and run over to the stairs to the upper floor. Or, wait for him to to walk to down the hall to the left and follow him. Take a left at the upper stairs.
    4. If the guard is not standing at the top of the stairs, quickly hug the left wall and run up them, stopping in the shadowy corner.
    5. Wait for the hall guard to come and stand at the top of the stairs, then move past him down the hall to get the necklace.
    ^^^ If you do these steps quick enough, you can get into the Lady's room and shut the door to muffle a coughing fit. (The guards don't hear you every time- just sometimes and I'm not sure why)
    6. Once you've got the necklace, head back down the hall and hide in either the small room with the candle on the table or the same shadowy corner.
    7. You should have enough time to head down the stairs and dodge the hall guard on the bottom floor and creep back through the kitchen. You're home free from there.
    Finally got out, the first part of that was not fun..

Sorry you feel that way. Maybe take a break and come back to it- the rest of the mission might redeem itself for you.

So I've been thoroughly enjoying this campaign, but I appear to have a problem now in Mission 4.

Right after overhearing Merrick trying to talk to the warden about the Diamonds, a new objective is added. At that exact moment, the object for not letting hammerites or others detect you also fails and the mission ends.

Any suggestions?

Sorry you feel that way. Maybe take a break and come back to it- the rest of the mission might redeem itself for you.
    I finally got through the poison part, not sure why I had such a hard time...it is what it is. other than that , the whole FM has been top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrle View Post
    Right after overhearing Merrick trying to talk to the warden about the Diamonds, a new objective is added. At that exact moment, the object for not letting hammerites or others detect you also fails and the mission ends.

Any suggestions?
    If Merek hears or sees you, the mission will fail. Likewise if you alert any of the guards nearby, they can alert him in turn and the mission will fail. If you have a save from before you went too near that area, you might try going back and approaching that spot more stealthily. Once his conversation is done, you are free to blackjack him (so long as you don't alert him in the process).

I was afraid that'd be the case. There's no one actively alert right now, but I could well have gotten within earshot of him...about 30 minutes ago.

Yeah, I had that happen once as well. Mostly it's fairly easy to avoid, but it occasionally happens. I hope you have an earlier save.

Classical Master 2008
    This was memorable and a lot of fun! The beginning was tense and just the right length, after which the mission really opened up. It is a really climby climbing mission - most of those have you travelling along a few routes, while here, you can actually walk around the rooftops to your heart's content... and the route-finding puzzles can still be devilishly difficult.

Here are some of the interesting things I have found (spoilers):
    Freed the guy under the grate and engineered a jailbreak (BTW, I only got to the jail very late, after making an impossible-looking diagonal jump on top of a streetlamp).
    Found the rooftop tavern for thieves - a great touch.
    Found a magic circle in a tower on Widow's, but could not do anything with it.
    Found a Hammerite head on a plate
    Found Random Taffer's portrait peering back at me!
    Found the guys who had tried to kill me in the first mission, and looted their place. It is a neat touch that you do not actually have to visit them (at least not on Hard), and they are just there because they are there. Impressive balcony - that whole thing is very thiefy.
    Found the magic scroll, but didn't find a way to use it (suspected the magic circle, but it didn't work).
    Found a Fortuneteller's place that might be the place you see through the crystal ball in Mission 2, but couldn't get in.
    Found Fifty Shades of Cray.
    Found a heretical Mechanist's lair!
    Through the mission, there are hints of a "cloaked" magic item, but I did not actually find it.

I had to give up on ghosting because some parts are just gosh darn tough to sneak through. Got 4800 loot, which means there is still a lot more lying out there... and 1 out of 3 secrets.

Thanks!

I'm having one rootin' tootin' taffin' good time. So chock full 'o thiefy goodness! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Yeah, this is a good one. You know it is when you don't actually mind having to restart a mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Found a magic circle in a tower on Widow's, but could not do anything with it.
    This is just for atmosphere. Nothing to do there.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Found a Hammerite head on a plate.
    Found the magic scroll, but didn't find a way to use it (suspected the magic circle, but it didn't work).
    Found a Fortuneteller's place that might be the place you see through the crystal ball in Mission 2, but couldn't get in.
    All these are related. In the manor where you found the head, there is a key on the bookshelf that opens the fortuneteller's place. That is, in fact, what you see in the crystal ball in Mission 2. The scroll can be used on something in the fortuneteller's place.

Just a small question regarding that crystal ball. You see a woman in the witch's house in the swamp, but the woman I assume is the fortune teller is also downstairs in the basement/dungeon. So...are the witch and the fortune teller the same or no? How are they linked?

Random_Taffer can give you more details, I'm sure, but they are not the same person. They are both practitioners of the dark arts, I suppose, and they are in contact with one another. The crystal balls are how they communicate with each other.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast