TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: New T2 FM: Behind Closed Doors (6th Feb 2017)

Tafferpatcher with "install common scripts" fixed the key-machine issue for me.

Just wanted to say, thanks for this mission!

Fantastic mission. Playing on Expert, and I think I have done nearly everything except the Bell tower puzzle (for which I have seen a solution in this thread), plus I cannot find the bronze mask. I have all the other 3, acquired via side missions, but I have no side missions left. Who or what have I missed please?

Solving the bell puzzle gives you another mask.

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    Thanks, found that out almost immediately after posting. And the reward for greed is not damnation if you douse the lights first and then despatch the guardian afterwards - he even thanks you for it!

I've just finished, and this strikes me as a mission destined to be regarded as a classic.

It does indeed have very classic style Thief gameplay, but with a few twists. Have you tried running into unalert guards?
    Last edited by marbleman; 8th Feb 2017 at 12:33.

Still can`t find entrance to the sewers.A subtle hint for me please.
    Btw Great city\day mission,i had so much fun in this.

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    Well, not always, I guess. I haven't read many posts here, so maybe I did something wrong, but I read the note in the priest's quarters that said the bells need to total the hours in a day. I took that to mean 24. When I saw the bell puzzle, it seemed obvious what to do, so I got the meter to read 0024, but nothing happened. Is that the right solution, or did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Well, not always, I guess. I haven't read many posts here, so maybe I did something wrong, but I read the note in the priest's quarters that said the bells need to total the hours in a day. I took that to mean 24. When I saw the bell puzzle, it seemed obvious what to do, so I got the meter to read 0024, but nothing happened. Is that the right solution, or did I miss something?
    No, sounds like you did everything right, Tannar. I guess you may want to zero the meter and try again but I am sure you have done that. You will know pretty much immediately when it's successful. Possibly you may not have all the required scripts??? Hopefully nicked or someone else will know what script to check if that's the reason

Thanks, Sagittal. It's good to see you around again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Thanks, Sagittal. It's good to see you around again.
    Thanks Tannar - had a bit more 'free time' from RL recently and seen some great missions in the last few months!

That's for sure.

FYI: I quit and restarted, reset the meter, and this time it worked. Just one of those occasional borked things in Thief I guess.

And one more problem,where can i find the codex? Is it in the bank? If yes what is the code to the other door? Because 0923 is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaratul View Post
    And one more problem,where can i find the codex? Is it in the bank? If yes what is the code to the other door? Because 0923 is not working.
    It is in that building, but check the date again

It is not september 23? Please give me a hint.

No it isnt't..if you read the diary on the last entry he says it is the date of the day he aquired the codex...
    OUTRIGHT SPOILER.....Sept 17..

Nicked i got stuck in one of the vent shafts you might want to fix this for the next update, anyway Im loving this mission

What should i do after visiting the city watch? The place is full of light,guards and i don't have a rope arrow.

END! OMG! First of all, nicked thank you for help with belltower!
    This was the best mission! Such a climate, music, brushs... god job, waiting for more! 7150 loot

Nicked !!!

"My Thanks, Stranger" for this - in all respects - very beautiful Mission that kept me busy for many hours. I am happy all around and the Mission is worth to play again and again, it definitely goes into my Favorites-Folder.

I have just one question: is there perhaps a lootlist ? I have found only 7333 (expert), so I'm short of 549 Gold

Thank you very much again for all your work you put into this jewel,
    Urumo

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Nicked i got stuck in one of the vent shafts you might want to fix this for the next update.
    None of the testers reported that in several betas. You might want to reload a save, and, if all else fails, make a screenshot or describe the place. Also, getting into tight places in this mission (maybe all) works better if you crouch and mantle. Suggest you try that at the entrance to the vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post
    Tafferpatcher with "install common scripts" fixed the key-machine issue for me.
    Didn't work for me unfortunately. Also tried installing and overwriting manually from http://www.thiefmissions.com/scripts/

I absolutely cannot find the tower key in the sewers. I have complete access to the area. I've even dealt with Faramund's experiments and searched that room, just in case, (and reloaded after because a sewer full of very angry rabid rats means I'll be fleeing that place never to return aftwards!) but I cannot find the key anywhere. As that's my final objective (aside from going to the City Watch to turn in the info on Gastrule), I really want to finish this wonderful, HUGE (oh my gosh did it keep amazing me) mission.

The tower key in the sewers is in the room with waterfalls pouring through a grate on the wall - it's in a lit spot to the left of the ladder in that room.

To get into the sewers: Have you visited the church yet?

That's concerning about the broken key puzzle - have you tried manually copying the osm files from the mission zip file into the install directory? I know FMSel should take care of that; not sure about Darkloader? Also, are you then using a save from before starting the puzzle, or partway through? If the latter, perhaps the script is already past the point of being broken in the save. If you have a save file, I can take a look. Worst case I can manually move the key in Dromed so you can continue.

Tannar - I found the odometer can break a bit if you go into minus numbers - I wonder if that could explain it. Glad to hear it worked after a reset!

Thanks, nicked! It's amazing how blind it's possible to be despite feeling like you've scoured every inch of a place. 6787/7882 loot, boy I missed a lot somewhere! Thanks for a great mission

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast