TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New T2 FM: Behind Closed Doors (6th Feb 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by trioptimumscapes View Post
    Ive had probs mantling creates in this mission.dont know why.but anyway cant get outta that room at all .
    And you've definitely got new_mantle enabled?

ok am having probs with mantle in other missions now. Ill reinstall thief ,tafferpatch etc .Its come out of nowhere ,sorry about that

No worries. Come back if it's still a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    It's upstairs, on the right hand side of the room, in a small box. I think the box is on a table next to a body under a sheet.
    Thanx found it what to do next? Is it the windchaime? Next to the hanging body... Its all i can think of

My adventure has lasted for more than 5 hours of playing time, and there are still many places that I have not explored. I am very pleased with the world. Niсked very thoroughly designed the visual side. In the top 5 of my urban missions collection.
    BTW, bloom settings from HD Mod/Necro Age go well with the atmosphere of this level.

sorted .I hadnt removed the ; on new mantle.Thought this missions climbing was a bit tough

I'm so glad to hear you sorted it out.

@griswold. Places to put things are in Lady M's diary and Faramund's notes. Diary: we kissed there in the alley, beneath the Dragon's Head inn sign. Notes: place it beneath the equivalent of where we first kissed. Answer: There's a big head in front of the downstairs fireplace so drop it beneath that.

Classical Master 2008
    Well, I seem to be embarrassingly stuck near the beginning. I have made it as far as Boltgrime Street, but can't find the way to progress further. There is a street-level portcullis operated by a lever on the other side, and a high balcony across a very thin ledge with a patrolling guard, too far to jump. I have been to the watch station and a few places in these first areas. I don't have a rope arrow if I should have one. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

If you've got Letchie's key it opens the upper floor garden door to Lady Miranda's. Took me a while to figure that out.

Classical Master 2008
    Ah. Well, I sure didn't try that one. Thanks, Random_Taffer!

It would be pretty much impossible to get there without any rope-arrows, though.
    Check the accesses to the sewers at the Oldgate Way or Takers Rise.

I'm looking forward to playing this Nick! Congrats on the release! Should we expect to see Charlie Rich somewhere in this mission?

Ok, installed this just now went to start but ended up with thief 2 first mission ?, what i do wrong here. Using Darkloader V4.3. It has worked fine with all other mission so far.

Ok so I started playing this

- a strange murderer is going through town, slitting people's bellies open
    - one report at the police station is the interrogation of a captured criminal who witnessed one of the murders; he madly raved about "those beady eyes"

5 bucks says the murderer is a Dewdrop doll. :P
    Last edited by Tannar; 9th Feb 2017 at 18:03. Reason: Added spoiler cover

Oh God....sweel powder...where on earth do I find that, I cant kill the ghost as he annoyingly keeps regenerating...tried shooting holy arrows at his circle still comes back like the proverbial so I'm assuming that this stuff will sort his hash out.

Yeah... don't try to kill him. Look around a bit. Search the desks and shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    None of the testers reported that in several betas. You might want to reload a save, and, if all else fails, make a screenshot or describe the place. Also, getting into tight places in this mission (maybe all) works better if you crouch and mantle. Suggest you try that at the entrance to the vent.
    Im always doing quicksaves, so i was able to re-enter again the vent-shaft (the one with a curve inside) and this time i was able to crouch it. Don't worry you testers did an excellent job, i found no flaws so far. continuing with this beauty...

Quote Originally Posted by H3H3 View Post
    Yeah... don't try to kill him. Look around a bit. Search the desks and shelves.
    I just locked him out whilst I play inside, only - I cannot find the Dragon Head Inn. Am I dense?

Uh, maybe, maybe not. But do you see anything in there that resembles a dragon's head?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Uh, maybe, maybe not. But do you see anything in there that resembles a dragon's head?
    Yes of course, but the inventory item in question did nothing underneath it. But don't tell me anything else, I'll try different things.

mission complete 4 hours 30 min it took me,only thing i was not able to find was key for lord kav gold horse thing,i checked the water way below and found nothing other wise i got everything else,was about 1k shy of max loot but i never was one to have to have it all

layout of mission was amazing for a city,just wish those other 2 district were accessable :P

great job 2017 is already had 2 amazing missions and more are coming ,i am so lucky

and yes i found dewdrop
    Last edited by downwinder; 9th Feb 2017 at 18:31.

Thank you Niсked for this amazing mission!! Another one of those you don't want them to end!
    I even stopped at a bridge on my way back to the start and rolled a cigarette to postpone the "mission complete" screen.

I agree nightchild!! When I was climbing up to the finish I said to myself Damn! that was a lot of Thieving fun and was wanting more!!

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I'm so glad to hear you sorted it out.

@griswold. Places to put things are in Lady M's diary and Faramund's notes. Diary: we kissed there in the alley, beneath the Dragon's Head inn sign. Notes: place it beneath the equivalent of where we first kissed. Answer: There's a big head in front of the downstairs fireplace so drop it beneath that.
    Thanx,but i ment what to do after that....i'm sepose to lie her down on a bed?.but i dont have the neckless anymore.
    Last edited by griswold; 9th Feb 2017 at 20:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhook View Post
    What a treat!
    I am however a little stumped...I have reached Boltgrime Lane and cannot see how to go any further, I cannot get into the balcony where a guard was patrolling through the wooden doors...he ahem seems to have had an accident....
    I am stuck here and I can't see how to go any further. I tried to leap from the ledge across the street but I keep falling just short of the balcony.

Edit: I managed to find my way further in another area so I'll see if this is the way I need to go.
    Last edited by john9818a; 9th Feb 2017 at 22:28.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast