TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do whales commit mass suicide due to resignation of bad sea condition?

Do whales commit mass suicide due to resignation of bad sea condition?

do whales commit mass suicide because they are fed up swimming in trash and plasticbags ?

http://abload.de/image.php?img=1486583058010tusj9.jpg

Moderator and Priest
    I think those are dolphins, Bruder.

verbose douchebag
    If that's the Faroe Islands' annual whale slaughter, then they are actually small whales and it's nothing to do with suicide.

It is from Faroe islands: http://www.lifegate.com/people/news/...-controversial
    And those are pilot whales.

thats so sick ... why do white people do such crime ? oh wait ... i forgot im not on 4chan

It's a tradition from times when they needed the food.

Actually whales do strand and die quite frequently and it is not completely clear why. But suicide is the least likely explanation. More likely their orientation or normal routes are influenced, possibly by man, or they follow sick specimens due to strong social bonds.

ZylonBane
    I've lost track... is BM trolling, or just really, really, really, really stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    I've lost track... is BM trolling, or just really, really, really, really stupid?
    you are stupid ... you asshole

itt we learn how to make friends and influence people

By talking about whale suicides?

Quote Originally Posted by BruderMurus View Post
    do whales commit mass suicide because they are fed up swimming in trash and plasticbags ?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I think those are dolphins, Bruder.
    Dolphins are a small toothed whale. Same division as sperm whales etc. Somewhat unrelated but here's my favorite whale fact: http://phenomena.nationalgeographic....ernal-antlers/
    Echolocating whales basically see in ultrasound, so they perceive each others internal anatomy and probably recognise each other from the shape of their skulls. The theory is this allows ornamentation that doesn't protrude beyond the body profile and so doesn't mess with streamlining.

Quote Originally Posted by BruderMurus View Post
    thats so sick ... why do white people do such crime ? oh wait ... i forgot im not on 4chan
    It's humanity as a whole, not just confined to whites. I fear to think of how things will be in another hundred years, considering the amount of animal life that we've eradicated. Already there's too many people and not enough land.

Hang on yeah, I just noticed that bit of casual racism. Every color or shape of human ever has slaughtered animals dude. Even if you can consider something as amorphous and catholic as 'white' people (or 'black' people) as meaningful in a global sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Echolocating whales basically see in ultrasound, so they perceive each others internal anatomy and probably recognise each other from the shape of their skulls. The theory is this allows ornamentation that doesn't protrude beyond the body profile and so doesn't mess with streamlining.
    That's the most interesting idea I heard all day!

Moderator and Priest
    Hang on yeah, I just noticed that bit of casual racism. Every color or shape of human ever has slaughtered animals dude.
    Yeah. When it comes to the slaughter of the sea, the Japanese have us whiteys beat hands down.

Now if you'll excuse me, I feel this sudden inexplicable desire to dance badly to Wilson Phillips.

ZylonBane
    Every time BruderMurus posts, a whale kills itself.

verbose douchebag
    Dolphins are a small toothed whale. Same division as sperm whales etc. Somewhat unrelated but here's my favorite whale fact: http://phenomena.nationalgeographic....ernal-antlers/
    OK, that's the greatest thing I've heard all week.

Every time BruderMurus posts, a whale kills itself.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I think you know the answer.

ZylonBane
    Both?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian;2346297 but here's my favorite whale fact: [url
    http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2014/07/31/do-beaked-whales-have-internal-antlers/[/url]
    No suprise given my other recent post that I've been reading articles exactly on signalling theory lately too, so you know I dig this.

My favorite whale fact was just that one of their closest relatives are hippos, and apparently whippo isn't a completely insane classification. Not the coolest fact ever, but something.

Whippomorpha. Second favorite biological name.

i heared there are many animals that commit suicide . dolphins stop breathing for no reason .... chimpansee eating poison on purpose ... and lions jumping down cliffs

why is it farfetched to claim whales commit suicide too