TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Sleeping guard WAY too alert!

Sleeping guard WAY too alert!

I put a sleeping guard in my mission with the metaproperty M-NewSleeper, and turned down hearing and vision to well below average, but it doesn't matter - as soon as I enter the room, she jumps up from her bed! What do?

Edit:
    Well, I just experimented a little, and turns out that I have to set her mode to asleep to actually make her sleep properly!
    Problem solved

Edit2:
    Okay, guess that didn't solve my problem at all - now she just lies there motionless and even if I try to disturb her she doesn't wake! Blackjack, sword and arrows just pass through her as if she wasn't there...

Edit3:
    Editing the metaproperty itself to make her wake only on medium than on low alert level didn't fix anything either... now even after setting vision and hearing back to normal, she doesn't wake at all no matter what I do. I can clang my sword on the desk lamp and she still sleeps like an angel. She is at least knockoutable now though!
    Last edited by JarlFrank; 16th Feb 2017 at 18:13.

Just curious, but do you have more than one metaproperty on her?

Nope.

Look here:

Ah yes, I see you're using DEDX. Not pointing fingers quite yet, but does this same problem occur with any other AI in this room?

Nope. This is the only sleeping AI in the game, and the sitting guard got stuck on the chair until I adjusted its position. After adjusting the chair position to give him more maneuvering room though, he reacts exactly as he should. I enter his line of sight or make a lot of noise, he gets up and chases me.

Try making a fresh Mosley from the archetype. If it still doesn't work, I'd merely create another female guard and change the model to Mosley.

After fiddling around a little, I'm pretty sure it's the setting in the metaproperty that's causing it. If I set alert level required to wake her to "low" she jumps up even when I run across carpet. When I set it to "medium", I can knock out the guy on the chair, dump him on her bed, shoot arrows into the lamps and desks and jump around like a madman, and while she even says things like "whoever's done this will pay for it!" as if she sees the KO'd body, she stays asleep.

I would try to avoid using the Dedx gamesys altogether and add the Dedx resources into your own gamesys. Have you tried using dark.gam and simply added the Moseley model and voice to an existing cop?

Lesson learned, I guess. Next time I use anything from DEDX I'll just copy over the assets rather than using the gamesys. For this mission it'll be all right though - I just accepted that the guard will not wake up no matter what I do, but hey, I got kind of a in-story justification for her not fighting so that's fine