TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: [SOLVED] DromEd crashes when I load my own textures

[SOLVED] DromEd crashes when I load my own textures

I have an embarassing issue with DromEd and custom textures.

When I try to load one or more specific textures I created in the mission editor, sometimes it crashes:

With those, it doesn't crash:

They have exactly the same filetype (.PNG) and only one .MTL associated with this parameter, which can have different values:

Any idea? Could it be the family's folder name "wall"?
    Last edited by EnYB0La; 17th Feb 2017 at 10:48. Reason: Issue solved
    DromEd Level Editor Developer Textures Kit: [Latest release] [README] [TTLG thread]

Desperately dodgy geezer
    There used to be a problem in OldDark where a very long path and filename could cause problems. I think NewDark fixed this but it's possible it didn't. Anyway, your filenames are very long, so I would try shortening them considerably, such as patternedwallpaer_xx to pw_xx. If it doesn't fix it, you should make sure the textures are all in a supported file format and with power of 2 dimensions.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    I think 15 characters is the limit. 10 characters is safe.

Looks like your dimensions are ok from the screenshot, but worth making sure the textures' dimensions are all powers of 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    There used to be a problem in OldDark where a very long path and filename could cause problems. I think NewDark fixed this but it's possible it didn't. Anyway, your filenames are very long, so I would try shortening them considerably, such as patternedwallpaer_xx to pw_xx. If it doesn't fix it, you should make sure the textures are all in a supported file format and with power of 2 dimensions.
    I don't think that would cause dromed to crash though. Once, I used a texture that turned into jorge whenever I reloaded the mission and I had no idea why, until I checked the filename and saw that it was really long. Shortened the filename, texture worked fine.

So using too long filenames will seemingly work while you build the mission, but as soon as you close and re-open dromed, there will only be jorge. That's a good reason to keep filenames short!

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    modders notes:

All filenames and directory names for files used by Dark must be 30 characters or less (excluding extension).
    Your path+extension is too long.

Solved

Solved. Thanks guys. I renamed my textures and I can load them without having DromEd issue.