TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: [SOLVED] DromEd doesn't remember any of my previously imported textures when reopened

[SOLVED] DromEd doesn't remember any of my previously imported textures when reopened

I have an other issue (the first one)...

When I load a bunch of custom textures into the mission editor, use them, save the mission, close DromEd, open it again and the mission itself, all of the previously imported custom textures have disappeared from the Texture Palette window and from my created brushes.

Any idea?
    Last edited by EnYB0La; 17th Feb 2017 at 11:53. Reason: Solved
    French Web UI developer living and working in Santiago de Chile, South America: http://www.monsieurlinat.com

Dromed 101: If you do anything custom involving textures or making new archetypes in the hierarchy, you have to save your gamesys.

1. Save gamesys as something.gam
    2. Enter the command set_gamesys something.gam
    3. Save your mission

Alternatively (and more easily), just save as a .cow file instead, which includes both the mission and the gamesys in one file, while you work on your mission. Then do the steps above only when packaging up for testing or giving to others (.cow files are only for Dromed, Thief2 requires the separate .mis and .gam files).

Solved. Thanks Yandros. I generated a .GAM file and now I can see my custom textures when I load my previously closed mission.

If you need a gam, don't save it as a gam, but as a cow (cow=mis+gam). Save the gamesys (gam) and the mission (mis) when you finished the mission. This is the rule. Don't break it or DromEd will eat you.

So basically, I have to use .COW filetype when I work with DromEd and generate a .GAM and a .MIS files (with maybe the same filename?) when I publish my mission as Yandros said in his post?
    Last edited by EnYB0La; 17th Feb 2017 at 12:16.
    French Web UI developer living and working in Santiago de Chile, South America: http://www.monsieurlinat.com

Exactly. Generate mis+gam if you to publish your mission (or if you want to test it in a FM-Loader later)
    Your mis file will be named miss20*.mis
    You can name your gam as you want it (even EnYB0La.gam will do it)

*or 21, 22, 23...

I've always worked with both a mis file and a gam file. Why is it better to use a cow (is it just because its simplier?) And why cant I use a .cow in the end? Is it incompatble with thief?

It's better to use a cow, because you can mess up things badly if you forget to save your gam again and again. You need to do this every time that you modify the gamesys.

You need a mis file for thief(2).exe later. It won't run a cow. Only DromEd does.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    It's better to use a cow, because you can mess up things badly if you forget to save your gam again and again. You need to do this every time that you modify the gamesys.

You need a mis file for thief(2).exe later. It won't run a cow. Only DromEd does.
    Ok thanks for clearing that up