TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: New footage of unreal engine shift

New footage of unreal engine shift

Got some new features and ideas on show, looks like a pretty good start, but they've got a fair way to go. The lighting doesn't look as good as it did on unity, but I guess it's not been polished as much as the demo was if they're still kicking ideas about. Does shodan sound overdone? I can't even tell anymore. Hmmm!

looks interesting, I tried replaying the original a while back and just couldnt get into it.

My only gripe being the lack of cyberpunk and shift more towards a more standardized FPS so far. Very early days though.

Agree with that...and I'm not thrilled with Shodan's design.

Chakat sex pillow
    Well, thank goodness it's pre-alpha, because I can't fathom why those pipe swings failed to connect more than half of the time.

SShock2.com

Looks interesting, but nothing to get me overly excited about it yet. And I'm also not thrilled about the SHODAN design we see here.

Oh, and I'm not too crazy about the soundtrack I've heard so far. Just way too different from the previous Shock titles.
    Last edited by D'Arcy; 2nd Mar 2017 at 03:19.

The lightning is pretty basic, but that's not UE's fault, they're only using source lights. That one corridor with zombie looks like is has no textures. Also not sure why they show combat when it feels so slow and half of the hits isn't even registered. Soundtrack is generic, but they'll probably replace it. Too soon to say anything constructive here, IMO.

Yeah, I guess so. The concept art has nailed the oversaturated neon eye-gouge texture I want really well, and this doesn't really look anything like that. It's far too muted. BUT it's basically just a tech-demo at this stage, right? Hopefully they'll sort the vibes out once the mechanics and stuff are nailed.

I thought the trailer looked great, and it looks like everyone's already nitpicking everything in preparation to hate the game. Sad.

a great thing being wailed against, these people are trying to bring back the glory of the 90's. Will be looking into this travesty!

Ick. Very generic. Good from a production quality standpoint, but just not a captivating visual or gameplay style at all.

The trailer's meant to grab you and get you excited. This bored me.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by GodzillaX8 View Post
    I thought the trailer looked great, and it looks like everyone's already nitpicking everything in preparation to hate the game. Sad.
    You were a fan of Thief 2014 though, so I think your standards are bit different than most people around here.
    Last edited by Brethren; 20th Mar 2017 at 16:29.

Dev comments basically confirming what everyones saying - this is a tech demo designed to prove that basic systems work ok in unreal. Art direction was a low priority: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1825794

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    You were a fan of Thief 2014 though, so I think your standards are bit different than most people around here.
    Considering the standards of most people around here largely entail "nothing can ever change or I'll hate it instantly," I guess I'll take that as a compliment.