TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Names mentioned by NPCs

All those exclamations refer to a deity. A cog is simply a cog in that deity's grand plan, they cease to be individuals. 'Holy Builder', or 'In the name of Karras' would be a more logical expression in that regard.

'I am a cog in The Builder's gear. He hath conceived the world and its workings are unimaginable. I am a vapor in The Builder's steam. He hath breathed light into the world, and its vastness is unbreachable. Praise be to Him.'
    Last edited by Purgator; 25th Mar 2017 at 06:30.

Spot on, Chris.

Well, it does fit in the mechanist worldview. Though they do say stuff like "by the gears" and "boilers!".

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    It's Uriel, not Yorriel.
    Fair enough. I've probably got half the spellings wrong, if you were to compare them to how they were spelt in the scripts.

In Ambush there is a conversation between two civillians where one refers to the other as Ralley, and Ralley refers to a Lord Anders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmauden View Post
    Also, in TMA, one of the idle quotes for the "Benny" guard is "I don't like being pushed around. No one pushes Benny around!"

However, the latter statement is vague enough that the Benny in question could either be the guard speaking or someone else, i.e. that statement could be read as "I, Benny, will make them stop pushing me around!" or "Why does no one push around that other guard, Benny?"
    Even in the latter sense, it tells us that Benny makes it to a lot of locations. Unless the single one working for Truart is a local celebrity

Ultimately I do not think there is any "correct" or official answer here. You can believe that there was only one Benny in one mission in T2, and every other is not him. Or you can believe that they are all Benny. Or arbitrarily decide that one guard in a mission is him and the others are not. But given the repeated references to that character working for various people and locations that you have also visited, I think of them all as Benny.

Certainly in my mind every scripted conversation is taking place between Benny and his partner (who, the way things are looking, I am probably going to think of as being Sutter).
    In the meantime, I've been reading through the voice file transcriptions on the Thief Wikia and making a list of all the names of minor or unseen characters. When I'm finished, I'll post the names here, along with the relevant quotes. It's a LONG list, though - the NPCs in TDS were far more likely to use people's names than NPCs in the other games.
    Thanks. Be interesting to see how bad my spellings were for names like Keville and Trogg
    Last edited by Cigam; 26th Mar 2017 at 10:42.

Much ado about Benny. Hm. Could it be that we actually deal with an army of cloned Bennys (or maybe Bennies)?

Anyway...

The aforementioned conversation of thieves in Thief Gold which deals with Gibson's failed attempt to steal Bafford's scepter also mentions a "Hammerite named Karras". I would not be too surprised if that's the later/late Father Karras after the Mechanists have split from the Hammers.

One of the thieves having their talk about passwords and security right at the start of "Thieves Guild" (TG) is indeed called Sutter (and not Stutter). A conversation somewhere else in that mission mentions (Lord) Donal (not Donald, there's no such thing as Lord Donald Trump there) as well as R(e)uben, another boss (snd\thief2\th206101.wav). There's something about Ramirez and Garrett as well in yet another conversation (th206601.wav)

The statues in the Mage towers (TG) address Garrett by name, as well as one of the Keepers in the introductory first "mission" in Thief 1 (Keeper1\Ke1m0103.wav).

The briefing movie (B02; Thief 1) before the Cragscleft mission indeed mentions Cutty. Garrett and Cutty address each other with name when they meet in Cragscleft later on; Cutty might only do it when he notices Garrett before they talk.

Ramirez ("Assassins") is weird. In at least two german sound files (rmza3na1 and rmza3s_1), Ramirez recognizes Garrett and calls him by name. The same files in english are completely different - Ramirez clearly does not know to whom he is speaking at this moment.

Some author named "Cribbs", "Crips" or something like that, is mentioned in snd\Opera1\op112500.wav, and "Christine" (the female in that conversation) in op112504.wav. I believe that conversation can be overheard in a room containing a locked safe in "Songs of the Caverns" (TG). op112600 then mentions Cribbs as well as Valerius. snd\Opera2\op212601, op212603 and op212503 from the same conversations deal with Valerius and Cribbs, too. Valerius, of course, is mentioned by the hermit (Raoul, Raul or something similar) as well (snd\Hermit\hmt12101, for example). And of course, Garrett mentions his informer Giry in the briefing movie as well as when he finds him dead later on.

The Eye in Thief 1 (Return to the Cathedral) speaks of Murus (eye\eye07.wav), as well as of itself ("I am the Eye"; eye03.wav).

Garrett seems to mention Constantine in "Strange Bedfellows" (snd\Garrett\garm1302.wav). He also addresses the Master Builder in the Hammerite prayer he speaks at one of the graves in "Return to the Cathedral". Captain Regalio of the Mage towers (TG) is the subject of gar10102.wav.

Of course, the briefing movie from the first mission in Thief 2 mentions Jenivere, Basso and Lady Rumford.

Okay, enough name-dropping for today.

No, wait. Did we already mention Ash the bastard, as Garrett calls him in "Casing the Joint" and/or "Masks"?
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 26th Mar 2017 at 22:29.

It's also interesting to note that one of Felix's thieves in the Bonehoard was also named Sutter. Seems to be a rather common name in The City.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post

Some author named "Cribbs", "Crips" or something like that, is mentioned in snd\Opera1\op112500.wav, and "Christine" (the female in that conversation) in op112504.wav. I believe that conversation can be overheard in a room containing a locked safe in "Songs of the Caverns" (TG). op112600 then mentions Cribbs as well as Valerius. snd\Opera2\op212601, op212603 and op212503 from the same conversations deal with Valerius and Cribbs, too. Valerius, of course, is mentioned by the hermit (Raoul, Raul or something similar) as well (snd\Hermit\hmt12101, for example). And of course, Garrett mentions his informer Giry in the briefing movie as well as when he finds him dead later on.
    I believe Cribbs was mentioned in two different conversations in Song of the Cavern, one on the center balcony and the other in a room with a secret door. The room with the locked safe had a different conversations between an actress and possibly an acting coach.

The Hermit mentioning his name Raeul and Valerius was mentioned already.

Another place to find names of the characters is in dromed but the players would most likely never see those references.

In Life Of The Party a conversation is held between a Margaret and a Christopher about the servants. The recorded messages refer to a Vilmer (or Bilmer?) as the guide.

It's Friend Vilnia, the Mechanist priestess who's found in the ballroom.

Who is Trogg? Some City slang? An unamed diety?

"Somebody already got to Trogg" is what the Downwinders in TG sometimes say when they have discovered a body. So Trogg is someone there.

Not actually tested this, but no doubt if you take down Sutter at the front entrance and let him get discovered, they will still refer to Trogg as having been already got to

Female Mechanist when having a low alert: "Friend Inek said 'Switch to tea', but did I?"

The warden in TDS mentions Garrett's name.

so i was listening to that one street walker girl and i don't think she says durant,but instead i think the cops name is keranth,sounds like ker-anth

please let me know what you think and the trollop is rosie

In Kidnap in the conversation about the Burricks, I think one Mechanist calls the other Certes.

Okay, here we go...

After reading through the voice file transcriptions here on the Thief Wikia, I've compiled a list of all the names spoken aloud throughout the Thief trilogy. There's over 200 names here, with the vast majority coming from TDS.

First, a few notes:

- Based on the OP, I interpreted the purpose of this thread as looking for the names of minor characters. Therefore, I've ignored references to the names of major characters, as well as characters who played significant roles in their respective mission/s. Those excluded include Garrett, Lord Bafford, Cutty, Felix, Ramirez, Lord Randall, Lord Donal, Lord Reuben, Giry, Raoul, Lady Valerius, Cribs, Murus, Viktoria, Constantine/The Trickster, Basso, Jenivere, Lt. Hagen, Lt. Mosley, Sheriff Truart, Vilnia, Lotus, Cavador, Lord Gervaisius, Karras, Morris, Lord Julian, Lord Ember, Lady Elizabeth, Heartless Perry, Thomas, Black Market Bertha, Marla, St. Edgar, Greidus, Dyan, Larkspur, Artemus, Orland, Caduca, Isolde, Dahlia, Sam Swarthy, Cpt. Moira, Edwina Moira, Rafe, Ramien, Carmen, Inspector Drept, Lauryl, and Gamall/The Hag.

- There is no guarantee that the names from TDP/G and TMA are spelled correctly, unless the name in question also appears in written form somewhere. TDS names should all be correct, because subtitles were included.

- When possible, I've included a brief description of each character. For names mentioned in an NPC's generic voice files (e.g. "Is that you, Kevel?") that don't apply to a specific character, I instead wrote "[Name] mentioned by [NPC] when [investigating/reporting a corpse/etc.]."

- Though I tried to be as thorough as possible, there's still a chance that I missed a name or made a mistake somewhere. I'm only human.

A
    --------------------------------------------------

Abrams (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by Hammerite priests muttering to themselves.

hammer2: hp1_idle1: (Chants) And the secrets of the Great Anvil of St. Abrams, who smite the forces of the Trickster in the tens of thousands, were revealed to the worthy, and such is the legacy of the high priest....

Albrech (TDS):
    A Keeper who wrote several books, one of which detailed how to activate the Final Glyph. These books were stolen by Gamall.

KCMissingBooks_001000: m08c0601: (Somewhat furtively) I just came from speaking with Elder Barad. Albrech's Six Writings and both volumes of the Chronicles of Daegar are missing. [unused conversation]

Albright (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Keeper scribes while muttering to themselves.

keeperscribe1: ks1_idle1: Why did Elder Thorndike not answer my question? It seems a small thing...'What sent Scribe Albright to the infirmary?' What could it hurt to tell me the answer?

Alcott (TDS):
    A Keeper who reported on the mysterious arrival of the Abysmal Gale.

SM3AbysmalGale_005000: m12c0505: No, but then, just a few days ago a ship came into the docks area. Do you remember the report from Keeper Alcott? [...]

Alebus (TDS):
    A Hammerite who drank from the Builder's Chalice and spontaneously combusted.

HamChaliceConv_002000: m04c0402: 'Tis madness! The Chalice hath been barred for these past fifty years, since MasterForger Alebus didst drink and did burn unto death.

Alfred Hurley (TDS):
    A Pagan sympathizer whose sister, Alyssa, wanted him to be buried in the Fort Ironwood graveyard. However, one of Alfred's Pagan friends summoned zombies to try and prevent this.

custom_speech: m14v06a: Oh Alfred...why, why? (Sobs) Why couldn't it have been me who died? How can I go on without my dearest brother?
    custom_speech: m14v06b: (Hushed tones) I won't tell them, Alfred. The Hammerites will never know your secret, and you'll get a proper burial, too. That will be my final gift to you.
    custom_speech: m14v07a: Bes not let them bury friend Alfred in them Hammer graveyard, yet. Not if me cans helper it! Me keepers them zombies coming back.... That bes stop them Hammerheads!
    custom_speech: m14v07d: Grrr.... Can't let them Hammers bury Alfred!

Alpine (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female Pagans while muttering to themselves.

pagan4: p4_idle1: I bes tolders them, comfrey root, not coriander.... And I tolders them, 'Takers him to the Shaman for them healings....' But no...no listening, and now poor Alpine's foot havers the festerings....

Amanda (TDS):
    A noblewoman who, along with her husband, Zachary, found the tunnel that had been used by thieves to break into the Wieldstrom Museum.

AULAristocratHeistConvo_001000: m15c0301: Well of course they died, Amanda old girl...the two of them didn't have half a brain between them.
    AULAristocratHeistConvo_005000: m15c0305: You're not going to spoil the fun and go all scaredy-cat on me, are you, Amanda?

Lord Anders (TMA):
    A nobleman who received reports on the war against Blackbrook.

no10502B: (Worried exhalation) Lord Anders hasn't received a report in some time. The last he heard, it was not going well. I fear the Baron may return with the battlefield coming right up behind him.

Anvilite (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by Hammerites muttering to themselves.

hammer4: h4_idle5: 'Twas an inspiring sermon. With the recounting of the battles of St. Anvilite...and the smiting of the Trickster's twisted spawn and the Pagan scum too...always sets my heart to pounding like The Builder's own hammer....

Archebald (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female Keeper scribes while muttering to themselves.

keeperscribe2: ks2_idle4: Now, I filed that book myself, not even a month ago. Who else would need it? Seems unlikely anyone else would need Archebald's Digest...hmmm.

Armand (TDS):
    The author of some books that Caduca believed held clues about the upcoming Dark Age.

caduca: cad_idle4: 'Totalis monstrotinum...allus mutatorium.' What could it mean? What does it have to do with the End of Words? If only I could put my hands on Armand's Factoriums. [...]

Aroun (TG):
    A Hand Mage who was asked by the Inner Circle to find out how Verlin was progressing with his work.

mage2: mg210601: Oh! Why is that, Aroun? [unused conversation]

Ashton (TMA):
    The librarian's assistant at the Manor of Clan Gervaisius. When he discovered the librarian planned to elope with Ashton's wife, whom he abused, Ashton murdered both of them.

Garrett: gar1207: Ash, you are a bastard.
    B

Bailey (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male guards upon calming down while drunk.

guard4: g4_dru_yret1: No one there...prolly a ghost...prolly the ghost of ol' Missus Bailey.... Sorry I ate that pie...ghost of Missus Bailey....

Barad (TDS):
    A Keeper who noted several volumes that had disappeared from the Keeper Compound.

KCMissingBooks_001000: m08c0601: (Somewhat furtively) I just came from speaking with Elder Barad. Albrech's Six Writings and both volumes of the Chronicles of Daegar are missing. [unused conversation]

Beasley (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by prisoners upon noticing something odd.

thug1: pr1_yini3: (Jittery, hushed) That you, Beasley?
    thug3: pr3_yini2: (Jittery, hushed) Who's there, Beasley?

Benny (TMA):
    An officer known for his alcoholism.
    Also, a name sometimes mentioned by male guards while muttering to themselves.

sg40902D: Well, have fun, taffer. I'm gonna go look for ol' Benny. I bet he's getting drunk in the game room, again. [...]
    sg20902E: I'll see if I can find the switch. And tell Benny I'll save him some tasty morsels in the kitchen.
    sv20905b: (Wearied, exhales) Benny...you spilled the mead on the rug. Anyway, someone is on the way to clean it up, already.
    sv20905D: (Wearied) Benny, I think you've had too much to drink. Aren't you supposed to be on duty?
    sv20905F: (Wearied) Whatever, Benny...I think you should go sleep it off. No more mead for you.
    guard3: sg3a0mu3: (Almost mumbling) I don't like being pushed around. (Angry and louder) Nobody pushes Benny around!

Bernard (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female Keeper scribes while muttering to themselves.

keeperscribe2: ks2_idle8: [...] No, this time maybe I'll take Bernard up on his offer...that glyph that helps quiet the mind and fortify the body....

Bertram (TG):
    A newly-hired guard at MageKeep.

GUARD1: sg110500: Hey Bertram, how's your first night of guard duty? [unused conversation]

Billy (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male servants while muttering to themselves or by female servants upon noticing something odd.

commoner3: s3_idle5: I was meant for better than this...mammy used to say ol' Uncle Billy came from money...but we never saw a penny of it....
    commoner4: s4_rnew_he2: Oh! I can hear you! If that's you, Billy, you better not be tracking dirt everywhere!

Blind Billy (TDS):
    The owner of the Bloody Ears Tavern. He was questioned by Gamall about the Abysmal Gale shortly before it returned, filled with zombies.

DOCAbysmalGale_001000: m13c0601: You got an opinion about the quarantine, Blind Billy? [unused conversation]

Birch (TMA):
    A Pagan man who intended to stay behind during the Mechanist massacre so his wife and their daughter, Minnow, could escape, but all three were killed.

pg21006A: (Ghost voice) Comes now, Birch. We've lit the lights, and opened ups the eyes of the Woodsie Lord. What left is theres to do?
    pg21006C: (Ghost voice) But we needs you with us, Birch....

Bishop (TDS):
    A guard employed by the Wieldstrom Museum who was posted in Tesero Hall.

MUSCuratorFiredCrowley_001000: m10c0301: Ho there, Bishop, did you hear the latest?

Blake (TDS):
    A Keeper elder who asked Logan to do research on the Final Glyph. She was confident that the Keepers were incorruptible.

SM3FinalGlyph_001000: m12c1001: Elder Blake.
    SM3FinalGlyph_013000: m12c1013: Of course. In all things, Elder Blake, may you have balance.

Blighting (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Keeper scribes upon calming down.

keeperscribe1: ks1_gret_he2: There was no noise...and if Elder Blighting catches me not studying....

Bradshaw (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Keeper scribes upon noticing something odd or by female Keeper scribes upon calming down.

keeperscribe1: ks1_rcon_se2: I saw you, and if you don't come out, I'm gonna tell Keeper Bradshaw on you....
    keeperscribe2: ks2_rret_se2: Hmmm. Should I tell Elder Bradshaw about what I saw? But I guess it doesn't matter now that it's gone.

Bradwort (TG):
    A man employed at MageKeep who was killed by the Hand Mages for trying to steal from them.

GUARD3: SG310200: These Mages are not ones to be trifled with. Saw 'em use their magic on old Bradwort. The Mages caught 'im stealin' lupins from the tables of the meeting hall. [...]

Brendon (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Keeper scribes upon noticing something odd.

keeperscribe1: ks1_rini2: Is that you, Brendon? I'll get in trouble if I don't finish my work, you know....

Brennan (TDP/G):
    A servant employed at Ramirez Mansion who was attacked by the burricks in the basement.

sv1: sv1c1901: What happened to young Brennan? I saw the wagon carrying him away, howling like to curl your hair. [unused conversation]

Brent (TDS):
    A merchant who wanted to hire Garrett to steal the Orincross Dagger. Instead, he hired Scully, who was pretending to be Garrett.

SM1GoldenDagger_002000: m12c0202: Yeah, that's right. I'm Garrett. Master thief, at your service. McFarley said you had a job for me, Brent, is it?
    SM1GoldenDagger_014000: m12c0214: All right, Mr. Brent. And don't forget...if you want Garrett type services, you gotta offer Garrett type prices.
    custom_speech: m12v06b: Okay, hold it together, Scully. First, find that golden dagger. Then drop it off in Saint Edgar's donations box. I want that reward from Mr. Brent, that's for sure.

Brice (TDS):
    An officer who, along with his wife, Lavinia, searched the Overlook Mansion for the late Cpt. Moira's telescope.

SeaNereid_007000: m05c0107: Brice, we're doing the right thing, aren't we? I mean, its beauty is wasted on the Widow Moira. She doesn't appreciate the finer things.

Bryant (TDS):
    A man employed at the Overlook Mansion who told Edwina Moira that her late husband left her a message on the viktrola.

WidowViktrola_001000: m05v02a: Bryant tells me you've left a message for me on the viktrola. Really, Robert, can't you just tell me yourself? [...]

Bumbleson family (TMA):
    A noble family that was despised by Frederick Rothchild.

no11102E: (Beginning to snivel) Oh...Pumpkin! The Mechanists invited the Bumblesons. The Bumblesons! I mean...they haven't been in the inner circle in years!
    No21102H: (Inspired) [...] We'll have our own banquet, and invite everyone but the Bumblesons. Would that make you happy, my love?

Burdock (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Pagan shamans while investigating something.

pagan1: ps1_ycon5: Burdock? If that bes you, then I bes very angry. I puttings a spell on you....

Burke (TDS):
    A guard employed by the Wieldstrom Museum who patrolled in the atrium, but failed to heed the warnings about the security system.

MUSPressurePlates_004000: m10c0104: Anyways, Burke used to patrol in there, and look what happened to him. [unused conversation]

Burt (TDS):
    A thug who took his friend into the mines under the Pagan sanctuary in South Quarter to look for gold and silver nuggets.

PAGLooterMiner_007000: m03c0307: Ah, taff it, Burt, you don't mean you brought us into Pagan territory? Pagans? Taffin' cripes, I thought I smelled somethin' off. Let's beat it. If they find us here....

Buscomb (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by noblewomen while muttering to themselves.

noble2: n2_idle3: [...] I shall have to speak to Buscomb about it. There must be something that will suit.

C

Lady Cafferty (TDS):
    A noblewoman who felt that Inspector Drept's presence made Auldale safer.

AULAristocratDreptConvo_004000: m15c0104: Either way...when's the last time you enjoyed a stroll through the Auldale Public Gardens? Mmm, Lady Cafferty?

Callo (TDS):
    A Keeper elder who doubted that Garrett would be able to help them prevent the Dark Age.

SM3ForbiddenLib_007000: m12c0907: I wish I were...as sure as you, Elder Callo.

Camilla (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male guards upon realizing someone's missing.

guard1: g1_ev_allyf1: Now, where'd Camilla go? Hmmm....

Carla (TDS):
    A woman on whom Jimmy the Knife had a crush. He gave her a gold necklace, but Carla realized that it wasn't actually made of gold.

custom_speech: m15v03c: [...] I was getting that necklace for Carla. She takes one look at it and laughs. Made a taffin' fool of me...nobody does that! Nobody!

Carmella (TDS):
    A gypsy who lived in Auldale.

custom_speech: m15v02a: Strangest thing. I saw her...thought it was ol' Carmella, the gypsy...so I called out. But when she turned...it...she...it...oh, I hope I never see that again....

Cedar (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Pagans upon calming down or by female Pagans upon noticing something odd or while investigating something.

pagan1: p1_yret_he2: Cedar's right, I bes too jumpy. It bes just some goodsie creature I heard.
    pagan4: p4_yini3: Bes that you, Cedar?
    pagan3: p3_ycon_se2: May as well come out, Cedar, me sawsy you just now....

Chester (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by barmaids upon noticing something odd.

commoner5: m5_rini4: Is someone there? Muriel...? Chester? Oh, boy....

Christine (TG):
    An actress at the Opera House who thought the ticket office workers should be fired.

Opera1: op112504: For once, I agree with you, Christine. Scrapping the lower-class would certainly clean things up around here. But what will you do for food and shelter when they kick you out? (Laughs)

Christopher (TMA):
    A nobleman invited to the party at Angelwatch who tried to convince Margaret that the Mechanist Servants weren't slaves.

no21103D: (Laughing) Oh, Christopher, you're such a card. (Recalling) Ooo, Karras did say the Servants could garden. [...]
    no21103F: (Laughing) Oh, Christopher, stop...(laughs more)

Clara (TDS):
    A woman who was nearly killed when the Stonemarket clocktower collapsed.

custom_speech: m12v23a: (To self) Clocktower comes crashing down--Missin' me by inches!--And does anyone even say, 'You OK, Clara?' No! Not a decent person in the whole stinkin' town!

Clive (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male guards while investigating something.

guard4: g4_ycon2: That you? Clive? Hello? Hmmm....

Clive Warwick (TDS):
    A nobleman who came into possession of The Heart. He was transfixed by its beauty, and his life slowly withered away.

custom_speech: m10v08a: Who are you? Where is Master Clive? He looked at me...so longingly.... [unused]
    commoner4: s4_idle3: I shoulda taken the position at the old Warwick estate...now that's a place, that is...you can take some pride in your work there....
    commoner4: s4_rini7: What's going on? I bet the servants at the Warwick place don't have to put up with this kind of thing!

Clover (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Pagans upon realizing someone's missing.

pagan1: p1_ev_ally1: Hmmm, where bes Clover? Supposed to be here....

Coranth (TMA):
    An officer who had engaged in prostitution.

no20802A: Well well.... If it ain't Officer Coranth, walking his rounds. [unused conversation]
    no20802E: (Incredulous) What? Come on, Coranth. You never took me in before. (False poutiness) Can't you just wet me walk away like I was never here? [unused conversation]

Corn (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female Pagans while muttering to themselves.

pagan3: p3_idle6: Corn betters have some suppings for me went I goes home...some goodsie feasttree, and well beans, and plums, and...he betters have that sups ready....

Cornbriar (TDS):
    A Pagan shaman who led the raiding party into the Kurshok Citadel to reclaim the Kurshok Crown.

DUNPaganCaves_002000: m06c0302: No, Cornbriar...bes some...delayed. [unused conversation]
    DUNPaganCaves_008000: m06c0308: Yes, Cornbriar! [unused conversation]

Cothron (TDS):
    An armorer who worked out of a shop in Stonemarket. The Orincross Dagger was stolen from him when he was tasked with repairing it.

SM1GoldenDagger_009000: m12c0209: [...] It's the Orincross Dagger--you've probably heard of it, a stylish golden number, and it is currently out of its owner's hands...being scheduled for repairs at the Cothron's Armory.
    SM1GoldenDagger_013000: m12c0213: As I said, it's being kept at Cothron's Armory--in the basement safe. That's where you come in, Garrett. [...]

Crackin (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male thugs upon calming down.

thug2: t2_rret3: Ha! Whoever it was, they're gone now. Probably one of Crackin's boys, come to rough me up. Only they chickened out.

Craig (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female thugs while investigating something.

thug3: t3_ycon4: That you, Craigy? Wassa matter, cat got your tongue? You got info for me, or what? Craigy?

Cromwell (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male merchants while muttering to themselves or while investigating something.

commoner3: m3_idle3: Must have miscounted... thought last week's profits were twice that much...well...I can always dock Cromwell's pay...tell him it was his error....
    commoner2: m2_ycon1: Hmmm...wouldn't be the first time old Cromwell tried to get my trade secrets....

Cronen (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female Keeper elders while muttering to themselves.

keeperelder2: ke2_idle6: [...] Even Elder Cronen, he must be well over 90, but he looks and acts...but...I should not talk so....

Crowley (TDS):
    A guard employed by the Wieldstrom Museum who was fired after saying that The Eye was speaking to him.

MUSCuratorFiredCrowley_003000: m10c0303: Crowley got himself fired yesterday. He told Curator one of the displays kept talking to him, tellin' him things.
    MUSCuratorFiredCrowley_007000: m10c0307: I hate that thing. Anyway, she looked at him, but Crowley stuck to his guns. So she gave him the big heave ho.
    MUSCuratorFiredCrowley_008000: m10c0308: Unbelievable. Good ol' Crowley.

Curtis (TDS):
    The captain of the guards at Overlook Mansion. If Garrett stole Edwina Moira's inheritance, Curtis would track him down to his South Quarter apartment, seeking revenge.

custom_speech: m11v20c: [...] Well...you've made a big mistake, Garrett. A big mistake. Now you have to deal with Curtis, and I ain't as nice as the Widow.
    custom_speech: m11v20e: That thief thinks he just took Widow Moira's money, but without that money she'll lose her house, her servants, everything! Ol' Curtis is gonna fix it so he can't ever hurt no one like that again!
    D

Daegar (TDS):
    One of the four Keepers who originally discovered the Glyph of Transmutation. He chronicled his life's work, and these chronicles were later stolen by Gamall.

Dahlia (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female Pagans upon finding a body.

pagan3: p3_ev_bodyf1: Dahlia, bes that you...ah! She's been deaded!

Danno (TG):
    One of the two Downwinders who had to give Sutter the password to enter the restaurant.

thief2: th207107: And I'm standing here listening to Danno tell you the password. Do you think he's gonna let me if I'm not in the Guild, or you think I'm lackwit enough not to remember it?

Dante (TMA):
    A servant who worked at Rampone Dockside Shipping and was stuck with carrying in the Mechanists' shipments.

sg50202A: Evening, Dante, you look exhausted. You should get some sleep.

Cpt. Davidson (TMA):
    A smuggler who brought spice into The City through Rampone Dockside Shipping.

Garrett: gar0213: That looks like Captain Davidson's cargo ship. He's a shady guy—into smuggling and piracy.
    SV10203A: I hear Captain Davidson came into port about four hours ago.
    sv10203E: Maybe Davidson will smuggle in trees next, heh.... I don't know where he's getting the spice from, but his prices are steep. He's quickly becoming a rich man.

dePerrin (TDP/G):
    One of the nobles who ran the antiques shop where Lord Bafford purchased his scepter. A street in the Sealed Section was named for his family.

sv1: sv1c0301: You'd never believe what happened today. I was buying greens and the de Perrin housekeeper just pushed by me and told the shopkeep to give her the last of the cress. [unused conversation]

DeWall (TDP/G):
    A City Warden who was betrayed and turned in to the police.

GUARD3: Sg3c1701: Hey, you remember when the Baron's police took down DeWall? [unused conversation]
    Hammer1: Hm1c0902: Meanest thou the action on DeWall's thugs?

Diocen (TDS):
    The Keeper Interpreter before Caduca. In one of her letters, she explained that she'd foreseen Garrett's role in helping the Keepers, but these letters were taken by Gamall.

KCArtemusGoneOut_001000: m08c0501: Is Artemus in his room? He asked if he might borrow the Letters of the Diocen, but I missed him at the evening meal.

Dolan (TDP/G):
    A Hammerite whose apprentice nearly died after being scalded.

Hammer2: hm2c1501: Dolan hath told me that his new apprentice had released the cap upon the steam gyr and scalded himself.
    Hammer2: hm2c1503: Dolan sayeth the boy shall live, but may leave The Order.

Doreen (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male merchants as they're dying.

commoner2: m2_cdie_words1: Gaaa! Say goodbye...to Doreen....

Dorset (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male prisoners upon noticing something odd.

thug2: pr2_yini1: (Jittery, hushed) Dorset? Kingfisher? Who's that?

Dovetail (TDP/G):
    A Hammerite who designed a spiral gear.

Hammer1: hm1c1601: Master Forger Dovetail hath finished his work on the spiral gear! [unused conversation]

Draco (TDS):
    A Keeper elder who didn't believe a scribe's theory that the Compendium of Reproach had been brought aboard the Abysmal Gale.

SM3AbysmalGale_001000: m12c0501: Elder Draco...may I speak with you? I think I've found something...in my studies...a connection....
    SM3AbysmalGale_007000: m12c0507: No, but the name of the ship, Elder Draco. The name of the ship is the Abysmal Gale. Is that not another way of saying Terrible Storm? This is the connection of which I speak.
    SM3AbysmalGale_011000: m12c0511: Yes, Elder Draco. Thank you for speaking with me.
    keeperscribe2: ks2_obs_pl_friend1: Elder Draco says we're not to speak with you, Garrett.

Driftwood (TDS):
    A Pagan who trained his fellow Pagans at the South Quarter sanctuary how to fight with swords.

custom_speech: m03v05d: Bes this right, Driftwood?
    custom_speech: m03v06d: Bes this right, Driftwood?

Duma (TMA):
    A servant employed at the Manor of Clan Gervaisius who was in charge of preparing the manor for the exhibition.

mc21203G: Meanwhile, I will attend to Norell's former flock. 'Twas some effort, bending Gervaisius to our will, but with Steward Duma's help, and the right temptation, 'twas not that difficult. [broken conversation]

Lord Dunswick (TMA):
    A nobleman who kept his savings at the First City Bank and Trust.

sg10701C: (Mockingly) Here let me take some of that nasty, heavy stuff off your hands, Lord Dunswick.

E

Eddy (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male thugs while investigating something.

thug2: t2_ycon1: Eddy? That you? Do I gotta remind you that the last person who played a trick on me ain't here to laugh about it...?

Elmwood (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Pagans upon noticing something odd.

pagan2: p2_rini3: This bes not funny, Elmwood! Elmwood?

Lady Emily (TDS):
    A noblewoman who came across as very egotistical.

custom_speech: m01v02c: Lady Emily this...Lady Emily that...thinks she's the Baroness, I wager. [unused]

Enoch (TMA):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female Mechanists upon calming down.

Mech4: mc4bak_6: Friend Enoch said switch to tea, but did I? Heh. And now my nerves are most thoroughly frayed!
    F

Fayne (TDS):

keeperscribe2: ks2_rcon4: Is this some kind of test? Hello? Elder Fayne? Hmmm....

Feagan (TMA):
    A Mechanist who was instructed to take the wax cylinder machine with incriminating evidence against Truart to the First City Bank and Trust.

Karras: kar0609f: [...] Indeed, 'tis very much like rust, and harmless once settled. Brother Feagan, I pray thee, do sweep up what is left of those two. [...]
    Karras: kar0610S: [...] With his voice thus preserved, Truart dare not betray me or he'll have the scandal he fears so much. Brother Feagan. Thou wilt see to it that this wax cylinder machine gets safely to the bank on the morrow.

Felicia (TDP/G):
    A woman with whom the Baron was in love.

sv2: sv2c0603: This Felicia, he's serious about. [unused conversation]
    sv2: sv2c0605: My sister! She works for a lady who does Felicia's dresses. [unused conversation]
    sv1: sv1c0606: Oh! Like Felicia knows if the Baron's serious. [unused conversation]

Lady Fenton (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by noblemen while talking in their sleep.

noble1: n1_sleeping1: (Talking in sleep) Why, yes, Lady Fenton...don't mind if I do....

Fern (TMA, TDS):
    A Pagan who, along with her husband, Cedar, was killed during the Mechanists' massacre.
    Also, a name sometimes mentioned by male Pagans while muttering to themselves.

pg11003F: (Ghost voice, screaming) Fern! No! Ahhhh!
    pagan1: p1_idle5: I bes wanting some o' Fern's herby soup...I bes...so hungry....

Flemming (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male thugs while muttering to themselves.

thug1: t1_idle111: So I says, 'It's called respect, Flemming. R-E-S-P-E-C-T, don't know what it means to me. But if I have to clock you in the noggin six times to get it, then that's what I'll do.' [...]

Flora (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Pagans upon realizing someone's missing.

pagan2: p2_ev_allyf1: Hey, Flora? Flora? You bes shouldn't leavers your post you know!

Franky (TDS):
    A young boy who ran away from home and didn't come back.

custom_speech: m13v04a: Franky! Franky! You come home this instant! (Quieter) That boy! It's been two days now. Never took off like that before. (Louder again) Franky! Come home! Mama's not mad at you! [unused]

Fred (TDS):
    A man who crept up to the Shalebridge Cradle one night, only to flee when he heard Lauryl's voice.

SQCradleConv_001000: m11c0701: Go on, tell it, Fred.

Freddy (TDS):
    An officer who was posted down at the Docks, near where the City Watch had seized a suspicious sapling from the Pagans.

DOCCityWatchSapling_008000: m13c0108: Didn't think of it that way...but yeah, I guess you're right. (Pauses) Watch your back, eh, Freddy?

Frederic (TMA):
    A name sometimes mentioned by noblemen while muttering to themselves.

Noble1: no1a0mu2: (mumbling) Who to invite, who to invite? Hmmmm...Frederic is so tedious, but we do owe him a favor! Hmmm...Maryline, of course! [...]

Frederick Rothchild (TMA):
    A nobleman who was supposed to be invited to the party at Angelwatch, but his invitation was misplaced.

no10705E: (Angrier) Of course I am, you...imbecile! (Sarcastic) How else are the Rothchild papers to be finished? Magic spells?
    no11102A: [...] (Egotistical) I am a Rothchild. Don't they understand that? Don't they understand how incredibly important I am?
    No21102F: Now, Frederick, don't you think you're over-reacting just a tad?
    no11102G: (Sniveling) No no no no noo! (Proud) I am Frederick...Juniper...Rothchild...the Third. (Angry) And I deserve more recognition than those...(Contemptuous snarl) 'Commoners'!

Freesia (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female Pagans upon noticing an open door.

pagan3: p3_ev_door1: I bets Freesia forgotted to closer them door agains....
    G

Lord Geran (TDS):

noble1: n1_idle2: Six bottles? No, Lord Geran drinks like a fish, I had better make it eight. But not the good burgundy, he won't taste a thing once he's in his cups like that. A waste, is what I say.

Gibson (TG):
    A thief who got caught breaking into Lord Bafford's Manor, but was handed over to Karras instead of the police.

Thief1: th106800: Hey, d'you hear what happened to Gibson? [unused conversation]

Ginny Mastiff (TDS):
    Edwina Moira's maidservant, who ordered the staff not to bring the widow any wine while she was up in the cupola.

custom_speech: m05v01a: Did you hear that? Ginny? Ginny, come quick, I heard a sound, like a voice, carried on the wind. It was Robert, I'm sure of it. [...]
    custom_speech: m05v01c: You'll never believe it, Robert, the servants have had the impertinence to refuse me a glass of wine. No, not even my Ginny! [...]
    custom_speech: m05v06a: Edwina, this is your Robert speaking, and I have some important things to say to you. First though, you must send anyone away who might be attending you, yes, even Ginny. [...]
    SeaServantsWine_008000: m05c0208: Yes, Mistress Mastiff!
    SeaServantsWine_010000: m05c0210: Yes, Mistress Mastiff! (Breaks into sobs)
    SeaServantColor_002000: m05c0602: Whatcha mean, Ginny?

Grace O'Malley (TDS):
    A women who lived in the Docks district.

SQQuarantineConv_006000: m11c0506: I know. And Grace O'Malley, too. Mind you, Jessie could be wrong.

Graimal (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by Hammerites while muttering to themselves or upon noticing evidence of an intruder.

hammer2: h2_idle5: [...] Saint Tobias, watch thee over the counterweights, that they never shift. Saint Graimal, watch thee over the boilers, that they burn neither o'er hot nor o'er cold.
    hammer2: hp1_ev_maj2: Saint Graimal preserve me!

Grainger (TDS):
    A Keeper elder who was frustrated with the lack of any leads that would help find the Compendium of Reproach and its Glyph Key.

SM3KeeperQuests_001000: m12c0601: Has there been any progress, Elder Grainger?

Grandmauden (TDP/G):
    A man who planned to install Hammerite security devices. A road in Dayport was named for his family.

GUARD1: sg1c1401: I hear Grandmauden is gonna put in some Hammer-built security.

Gravid (TDS):
    A Kurshok who managed to find a way to the surface, where he was captured by the City Watch and imprisoned.

custom_speech: m12v02a: (Click, click) Two for Gravid...who will die in above world.
    custom_speech: m12v02c: None will rescue. (Click) None know Gravid here.
    custom_speech: m12v02d: (Click) Why I follow map? Head sick Gravid!
    custom_speech: m12v02e: (Click, click) Above world not paradise...Gravid sad.
    custom_speech: m12v03a: (Click) Sneaky above one. (Click, click) You head sick? Different? Yes? Open cage! Open Gravid cage! Gravid want return under. (Click) To Kurshok!
    custom_speech: m12v04a: Gravid has thank you, sneaky Human. (Click, click) Gravid go now. (Click) Gravid free.

Gravis (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Keepers while muttering to themselves.

keeper2: k2_idle6: An actual page...removed...torn out...! It hardly seems believable. Yet Elder Gravis hardly seemed surprised...like he already knew the Chronicles had been tampered with....

Gremory (TDS):
    A Keeper who was a member of the council. She took part in the votes on whether to guard Caduca's room and whether to move some books to the scribarium.

KCVoteCaducaRm_012000: m08c0209a: Reader Gremory votes yes. [broken conversation]
    KCVoteCaducaRm_013000: m08c0209b: Reader Gremory votes no. [broken conversation]
    KCVoteMoveBooks_012000: m08c0209a: Reader Gremory votes yes. [broken conversation]
    KCVoteMoveBooks_013000: m08c0209b: Reader Gremory votes no. [broken conversation]

Griswald (TDS):
    A Hammerite who was displeased with Inspector Drept's behavior.

SM1DreptAndFactions_001000: m12c1401: 'Tis no sin, Brother Griswald....
    SM1DreptAndFactions_005000: m12c1405: 'Tis a transgression indeed, but none that worries me overmuch, Brother Griswald....
    SM1DreptAndFactions_009000: m12c1409: May the Builder see fit to guide us to the right path, if we have stumbled onto the wrong, Brother Griswald... [...]

Sgt. Gurk (TMA):
    An officer who was dispatched to the party at Angelwatch to provide extra security. He only appears in the demo.

Hammer2: These are strange times, indeed, when the Builder's chosen must cater to the folly of the unworthy...present company excluded, of course, Sergeant Gurk. [demo only]
    Hammer2: Completely sure, Friend Gurk. They rest securely in the central office. There's a faithful brother at the door, and I carry the only key. [...] [demo only]
    Hammer2: An excellent idea, Friend Gurk. The Builder's Nectar is the finest our order has to offer. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must attend to our guests. [demo only]

H

Hal (TDP/G):
    One of Ramirez's guards who took the basement shift.

GUARD1: sg1c1001: Say, where are Hal and Joss tonight? [unused conversation]

Hauknor (TDS):
    An officer stationed in Old Quarter who extorted the tavern next door for a bottle of wine every night.

custom_speech: m14v04b: (Drunk) Hello? Anybody in there? Open up! This is Officer Hauknor! I need to collect my...ah...you know!
    OQHauknorTavern_001000: m14c0101: (Trying to be pleasant) Evenin' Officer Hauknor...how's the-- [broken conversation]

Herrick (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by Morris while muttering to himself.

commoner2: m2cookb_idle6: Herrick? Herrick, lad! Ah...where is that boy? Got to get him out of here.

Hobart (TMA):
    A Mechanist who was in charge of installing security devices at the Manor of Clan Gervaisius.

sg21202B: Ah... Hello, Hobart. Why's that?
    sg21202F: Ha ha ha! Well then, you better get lookin' and find that piece before Lord Gervaisius gets back. He'll have your head, otherwise. Good luck, Foreman Hobart.

Holdvast (TDS):
    The author of some books Caduca wished to study but couldn't find, unaware that Gamall had taken them away.

caduca: cad_idle2: If only I could cross-reference with the Holdvast Editions or even Saltua or the Propheticus...but like so many...these are lost. [...]

Hortence (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Keeper elders while muttering to themselves.

keeperelder1: ke1_idle2: I think I should meet with Keeper Hortence in secret...we have much to discuss...his misuse of the Penteclees glyph, for instance.
    I
    J

Jack Albright (TDS):
    The alcoholic cousin of Warden Stout. One night, he got so drunk that he was kept in Pavelock Prison until he sobered up.

fencebertha: f12_ftpavelock: You'll never guess who I heard got tossed into Pavelock Prison over in South Quarter…Jack Albright! That's the Warden's cousin! And a drunk besides. [...]
    custom_speech: m11v33a: (Uncharacteristically gentle and friendly) Hello, Mr. Albright, you sobered up yet? Your wife was asking after you. Told me to hold you here a while. [...]

Jacksweed (TDS):
    A Pagan who joined the raiding party into the Kurshok Citadel to steal back the Kurshok Crown.

DUNPaganKurshokCrown_001000: m06c0201: Hey, Jacksweed, bes you seesie them crown?

Jacob (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male commoners upon noticing something odd.

commoner3: c3_rini1: All right, Jacob, quit kidding around...Jacob?

Jacow (TDP/G):
    One of Ramirez's guards who was sent to assassinate Garrett, but accidentally killed Farkus instead.

GUARD1: sg1c0901: I thought Quince and Jacow were on watch tonight.

Jance (TDS):
    A Hammerite who believed that the wear and tear of metals was simply a test from the Builder.

custom_speech: m07v05b: (To himself, sarcastically) 'Tis The Builder, testing us, Brother Jance doth say. ‘Tis the Builder who doth cause metal to wear, tenders to nod. [...] [unused]

Jax (TMA):
    A guard employed at Rumford Manor who considered quitting to join the City Watch.

sv20104A: Jax! Can I bother you a moment? [unused conversation]
    sv20104J: Oh, that's alright. Goodnight Jax. [unused conversation]

Jenny (TDS):
    A servant employed at Rutherford Castle who had to sew new uniforms for the guards.

CasEmberUniforms_001000: m02c0301: Jenny was up all night, sewing the new uniforms for Lord Ember. Hands all bloody this morning.

Jerm (TMA):
    A lenscrafter who was hired by the Mechanists to make lenses for their robots using addonizio crystals.

Garrett: Gar0212: Jerm is the man that makes those magic lenses. There're probably some valuable lenses in here.

Jessie (TDS):
    A man who told one of his friends at a tavern that the quarantine was because the Abysmal Gale had zombies onboard.

SQQuarantineConv_004000: m11c0504: That's what I thought, but then, I was talking to Jessie down over the tavern, and he says that some kind of ship come into the docks. Something wrong with it. The quarantine is so that...and this is Jessie who said it so take it for what it's worth...that otherwise the undead would be everywhere.
    SQQuarantineConv_006000: m11c0506: I know. And Grace O'Malley, too. Mind you, Jessie could be wrong.

Jimmy the Knife (TDS):
    A thug who bought a necklace from Fogerty's gold shop for a girl he liked, only to discover it was made of fool's gold. For revenge, he seized the shop and threatened to kill Fogerty if he tried to take it back.

AULGoldsmithMobConvo_008000: m15c0208: It's too late for that. Besides, it's more than just the money, see? I gotta make an example of you, just so's everyone knows they can't mess with Jimmy the Knife.
    custom_speech: m15v04a: I can't believe the nerve of that hoodlum Jimmy the Knife! This is my store, and I should just get the Watch to pry those off and...and...but I don't dare. He said he'd kill me if he caught me doing that!
    custom_speech: m15v04c: Oh! I hope that Jimmy the Knife gets in a bar fight and ends up stabbed right through the heart! Then I'd open up my shop again! But...that'll never happen. I've never been that lucky.
    custom_speech: m15v04d: It's a shame! A shame I say! All that fine metal work in there...and no one can get to it...all because of that thug, Jimmy the Knife. There oughta be a law!

Jobi (TDP/G):
    A man who went to fight in the war against Blackbrook.

sv2: sv2c0803: Oh I'm...I'm just worried my Jobi's never coming back. He's off fighting Blackbrook. I thought It'd be good for him, teach him discipline, but now.... [unused conversation]

Joff (TDP/G):
    A person who defied Ramirez, causing the warden to desire to break Joff's leg.

Ramirez: rmza0mu1: Maybe I should send some muscle after the Stone Group. Think the taxes will get covered from the fund. Need to get Joff's leg broken; can't defy me like that.

Jorek (TDP/G):
    A man employed at Ramirez Mansion who suspected the Hammerites would shut down Cragscleft.

GUARD3: Sg3c1501: Jorek tells me the Hammers are gonna close down Cragscleft.

Jorgen (TMA):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male guards upon reporting a body.

Guard5: sg5rbod3: Someone's killed Jorgen!

Jorrin (TMA):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male guards upon noticing something odd.

Guard5: sg5a1__5: Jorrin...that you?

Joss (TDP/G):
    One of Ramirez's guards who took the basement shift.

GUARD1: sg1c1001: Say, where are Hal and Joss tonight? [unused conversation]
    K

Kevel (TDP/G, TMA):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female servants upon noticing something odd or by male guards upon reporting a body.

sv2: sv2a1__3: Is that you, Kevel?
    Servant2: SV2A1__3: Is that you Kevel?
    GUARD1: sg1rbod3: Someone's killed Kevel. Watch out!
    guard3: sg3rbod3: Someone's killed Kevel.... Watch out!

Kingfisher (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male prisoners upon noticing something odd.

thug2: pr2_yini1: (Jittery, hushed) Dorset? Kingfisher? Who's that?
    L

Lampert (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male servants while muttering to themselves.

commoner1: s1_idle4: I shoulda said right then...my name's Lampert, sir...not 'You there'...but I didn't...and now I missed my chance....

Lavinia (TDS):
    Brice's wife, whom she helped to search the Overlook Mansion for the late Cpt. Moira's telescope.

SeaNereid_002000: m05c0102: Not so loud, Lavinia. No, it's not in this room either.

Leafer (TDS):
    A Pagan who lived in the sanctuary in South Quarter and wanted a chance to prove his worth.

custom_speech: m03v01a: (Reliving a past conversation) Bes me Leafer. What can me guardsy? (Imitating boss) Oh, Leafers, you bes stupid, just takesy these maps to them Shaman. (Speaking as himself) Pfft. Mes not stupid. Me can guardsy something. Let me guards the Paw! (Imitating boss) No, Leafers, you bes not brave enough. Just bringsy them map to Woodbine. [...]
    custom_speech: m03v02a: Arg! Leafer bes not happy about this. But I bes shows them. If anyone tries to stealsy Leafer's map, Leafer deads them! Ha! Then Leafer bes a hero! Then Leafer guardsy them Jacknall's Paw and eat plumsies all day and night. Ha!

Lily (TMA):
    A Pagan girl who owned a doll that she named Dewdrop. She and her mother were killed during the Mechanist massacre.

pg21001B: (Ghost voice) Come, Lily, must we go....
    pg21001D: (Ghost voice) Lily....

Logan (TDS):
    A Keeper who was asked by Blake to research the Final Glyph and find out who was capable of activating it.

SM3FinalGlyph_002000: m12c1002: Keeper Logan.
    SM3FinalGlyph_010000: m12c1010: Keeper Logan, even you should know that the prophecies can sometimes be wrong. In the case of Keeper corruption...it is of course...unthinkable.
    SM3FinalGlyph_012000: m12c1012: It is unthinkable, Keeper Logan. You must remember that...especially if there are dark days to come.

Longbottom (TDS):
    A pirate captain who ordered their crew to pose as ordinary sailors while on land.

DOCPirateColor_006000: m13c0307: I know, lad. But those're Longbottom's orders. [unused conversation]

Lucy (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female servants upon hearing a noisemaker arrow.

commoner5: s5_misc_noisemak1: Wow. I wish Lucy was around to hear this!

Lady Lywrette (TDS):
    A noblewoman who was suspected of having an affair with her personal guard.

custom_speech: m01v02d: Lady Lywrette says he's her personal guard. But I think he's doing something a little more personal for her than that. (Chuckles) [unused]

M

Mabel (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male guards investigating something while drunk.

guard4: g4_dru_ycon4: Issat you, Mabel? Don't be shy now...I been (hiccups) hopin' you'd stop by....

Marcus (TDS):
    A Keeper who was present at Gamall's transition ceremony when she turned into the Hag and attacked him with a Discarta Glyph.

SM3GamallFollowupScribe_004000: m12c1104: Caught it...and then changed it somehow...threw it right back at Keeper Marcus. He...his head....

Margaret (TMA):
    A noblewoman invited to the party at Angelwatch who believed the Mechanist Servants were nothing more than slaves.

no11103A: That's the point, Margaret: Now they will be happy.
    no11103C: Nononono--Not 'slaves', Margaret...'Servants'. You heard Mr. Karras. But why argue semantics? [...]

Marin (TMA):
    A banker for the First City Bank and Trust who was working late when a guard stumbled into his office.

sg30705D: Oh. Sorry, Mr. Marin. I didn't know you were staying late tonight.

Mart (TMA):
    A guard employed at the First City Bank and Trust who hated having to deal with the clients.
    Also, a name sometimes mentioned by male guards upon reporting a body.

sg10701A: Heh. Night-shift again, eh Mart? You piss off the Master Banker or what?
    guard4: sg4rbod1: Where'ave you been? Mart's got himself killed!

Martello (TDP/G):
    A Hammerite who was close friends with Murus.

murus: MURMART: Please bury Brother Martello. He died in the Cathedral attic.

Mary (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male servants and noblewomen while muttering to themselves or by noblewomen upon noticing a doused torch.

commoner1: s1_idle_st2: Maybe I meet up with Mary tonight...if she's out and about as well....
    noble2: n2_idle1: I do hate to think it, but Mary is just not as quick as she used to be. It was nearly half past seven before the fire was built up this morning, I was quite chilly when it came time for breakfast.
    noble2: n2_ev_torchtoff1: I must speak to Mary about these torches.

Maryline (TMA):

Noble1: no1a0mu2: (mumbling) Who to invite, who to invite? Hmmmm...Frederic is so tedious, but we do owe him a favor! Hmmm...Maryline, of course! [...]

Maximil (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by Hammerites while muttering to themselves.

hammer2: h2_idle5: Saint Maximil, watch thou over the blades, that they keepest their edge. Saint Tobias, watch thee over the counterweights, that they never shift. [...]

McAfferty family (TDS):
    A family of nobles who hosted a party the summer before Cpt. Moira's demise.

SeaNobleColor_004000: m05c0504: Much like the McAfferty soirée last season, at their summer home.

McFarley (TDS):
    The person who notified Scully that a man named Brent wanted someone to steal the Orincross Dagger for him.

SM1GoldenDagger_002000: m12c0202: Yeah, that's right. I'm Garrett. Master thief, at your service. McFarley said you had a job for me, Brent, is it?

McGinty (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male guards muttering to themselves while drunk.

guard4: g4_dru_idle3: (Drunk) Maybe they start a tab for me...at (hiccups) McGinty's...yeah....

Mel (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by barmaids upon calming down.

commoner5: m5_gret4: Nothin'. Maybe Mel's right, I shouldn't sample the beer when I'm working.

Mendock (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Keeper elders while muttering to themselves.

keeperelder1: ke1_idle4: I hesitate to call that translation garbled...but something was not right...I should mention this to Keeper Mendock....

Mendon (TDS):
    A Hammerite who didn't find Inspector Drept's actions to be of much concern.

SM1DreptAndFactions_006000: m12c1406: Then hearken to one more grievance, Brother Mendon. [...]

Meryl (TMA):
    A servant employed at Rumford Manor who urged Jax not to quit his current job.

sg40104I: Thanks Meryl. I guess I'd better not be too hasty. [unused conversation]

Milly (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female commoners while muttering to themselves.

commoner4: c4_idle4: Milly said they got a position open down near the docks...but when I asked her if it were sweepin' or cookin' she got a funny look on her face...maybe it's both....

Milton (TDS):
    One of two thieves who asked a stonecutter named Vincent Crowley to cut up the gems they'd just stolen. When Crowley took a few gems for himself, the thieves came back, looking to kill him.

SMCutterAndThugs_010000: m12c0110: [...] I kinda like you, Crowley, but now we really have to kill you. Then we...what we gotta do after that, Milton?

Minnow (TMA):
    A Pagan girl who tried to escape with her father, Birch, and her mother into the Maw. However, the Mechanists killed them first.

pg11006D: (Ghost voice) No! Takes Minnow and go! Go nows!

Montrose (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Keepers while muttering to themselves.

keeper2: k2_idle7: Come to think of it...I don't think the reports from the Thereve expedition were ever filed.... But then...why would Elder Montrose say they were?

Morgan (TMA, TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by noblemen or male Keepers while muttering to themselves.

Noble1: no1a0mu2: [...] Hmmm...Maryline, of course! If I invite Morgan, may needs taking down a notch. Huh...if I can see his face when he hears!
    keeper2: k2_idle1: I told them the volumes were missing, so why did Keeper Morgan act surprised during the meeting, when it was brought up again?

Morris (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female servants while investigating something.

commoner5: s5_ycon7: Is that you, Morris? Don't you go makin' any messes now...I'm done cleaning for the night...Morris?

Mortimer (TDS):
    A guard employed at the Overlook Mansion who was playing a card game with a fellow guard, but unintentionally helped him win.

SeaGuardRoom_008000: m05c0308: Ha! Ha! Pay up, Mortimer! What'd I win?

Mortimer the Mad (TDS):
    An ancestor of the Rutherford family. A portrait of him hung above the stairwell in Rutherford Castle.

commoner2: m2cookb_idle2: They could be killing each other right now. Blood on the stairs, like the old stories. Like Mortimer the Mad. If I had that opal, I'd throw it in the river.

Moss (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female Pagans while investigating something.

pagan3: p3_ycon3: Bes that you, Moss? This bes a bad jokes if it bes you....

Munroe (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male servants while muttering to themselves.

commoner2: m2_idle_bs1: Sure is dank down here...I'll have to get Munroe to air it out a bit....

Muriel (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by barmaids upon noticing something odd.

commoner5: m5_rini4: Is someone there? Muriel...? Chester? Oh, boy....

Muriel Milton (TDS):
    The curator of the Wieldstrom Museum.

MUSCuratorFiredCrowley_004000: m10c0304: Ho yeah? What did Milton do?
    MUSStatue_006000: m10c0406: Oh, that! (Suddenly hushed) And you want to tell Curator Milton? Don't be a chump! The Curator's real proud of the security. [...]

Mynell (TMA):
    A chef whose famous steaks included spiders as a secret ingredient.

Garrett: gar0211: Mynell makes the best steaks in the entire city. His recipes may catch me a pretty penny.
    Garrett: gar0216: Ewww... So that's Mynell's secret ingredient.
    N

Natalie (TDS):
    A woman who lived near the Bloody Ears Tavern.

SQQuarantineConv_005000: m11c0505: (Gulps) Everywhere? I...I wonder if Natalie is OK...she lives over in the Docks near the Bloody Ears Tavern.

Neely (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male commoners while muttering to themselves.

commoner1: c1_idle2: Maybe I kin borrow, ah, Neely's wagon.... His has got all the whatchama wheels 'n' all. We'll see. We'll see.

Norrell (TMA):
    A Hammerite who used to keep the chapel at the Manor of Clan Gervaisius until the Mechanists took it over.

sv11301A: Father Norrell, what's wrong?
    mc21203G: Meanwhile, I will attend to Norrell's former flock. 'Twas some effort, bending Gervaisius to our will, but with Steward Duma's help, and the right temptation, 'twas not that difficult. [broken conversation]
    O

Ogilvy (TDS):
    A Keeper who wrote about the five Sentients and their history.

caduca: cad_idle8: I wish to check with the Histories, Gamall. Maybe there is something in Ogilvy's Dark Ages that refers to the one who has been hidden. Hmm? Let us check there. As always you shall be my eyes....

Oliver (TDS):
    A Hammerite who tried to figure out how to stop an outbreak of zombies in the Fort Ironwood cemetery that prevented them from burying Alfred Hurley.

OQGraveyardConv_001000: m14c0201: Hast Brother Oliver arrived at a solution?
    OQGraveyardConv_006000: m14c0206: Thou must inform Brother Oliver...thou hast had a vision of Pagan treachery to come.

Oscar (TDS):
    A nobleman who suspected that Lady Cafferty had a crush on Inspector Drept.

AULAristocratDreptConvo_007000: m15c0107: Really Oscar...you poo poo everything...besides...I really do feel safer.

P

Percy (TDS):
    A man who asked Fred to tell him about the time the latter dared to approach the Shalebridge Cradle.

SQCradleConv_003000: m11c0703: Sure, sure. I ain't heard it, and neither has Percy.

Pinket (TDS):
    A man incarcerated in Pavelock Prison who had a very strong odor.

custom_speech: m11v30a: Mr. Pinket! You stink worse than a Burrick's bottom. Ain't you never heard of soap and water? [...]

Polderson family (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by noblewomen while muttering to themselves.

noble2: n2_idle2: I wonder what the Poldersons meant, serving poached fish. A hint, I think, that they consider my dear husband not as strong-minded as he might be when it comes to current events. Poached, indeed. I must remember to not invite the Poldersons to the mid-season gala.

Lady Pollock (TDS):
    A noblewoman who started a school to train young noblewomen on proper etiquette.

CasServantsAbtEliz_001000: m02c0401: Milady Elizabeth is a proper lady. She attended 'Lady Pollock's School for Young Ladies', and she can write in both ancient Brillian and modern Prinkish.

Sgt. Porter (TMA):
    A guard employed at the Manor of Clan Gervaisius with whom Foreman Hobart confided about losing a clock part.

mc41202A: (Confiding) Sergeant Porter, it wouldst appear that I...erred...in judgment.

Powl (TDS):
    A Keeper scribe and member of the council. He took part in the votes on whether to guard Caduca's room and whether to move some books to the scribarium.

KCVoteCaducaRm_014000: m08c0210: MasterScribe Powl votes no. [broken conversation]
    KCVoteMoveBooks_014000: m08c0210: MasterScribe Powl votes no. [broken conversation]
    Q

Quince (TDP/G):
    One of Ramirez's guards who was sent to assassinate Garrett, but accidentally killed Farkus instead.

GUARD1: sg1c0901: I thought Quince and Jacow were on watch tonight.
    R

Raines (TDS):
    A Keeper who, after Gamall was revealed as the Hag, warned his fellow Keepers not to use the Glyphs for the time being.

SM3GamallFollowupScribe_006000: m12c1106: Keeper Raines said that they think she's extended her life. They're checking the books. Assuming she's had to change her appearance...her name...who knows how many times.
    SM3GamallFollowupScribe_008000: m12c1108: Maybe, but Keeper Raines told me to trust no one. He said something about...corruption. He told me not to use glyphs until things got sorted out.

Raleigh (TMA):
    A nobleman who was worried the Baron would lose the war with Blackbrook.

ex10502A: What's the latest on the war, Raleigh?

Raputo (TDP/G):
    A City Warden who was suspected of betraying DeWall to the authorities.

GUARD3: Sg3c1703: I hear it was Raputo turned him over. [unused conversation]

Reed (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female Pagans upon noticing something odd.

pagan3: p3_rini3: This better not be ones of your jokings, Reed! I means it!

Reeve (TG):
    A name that was used as part of a swear word.

Thief1: th107101: Reeve's balls, Sutter! It's me!

Cpt. Regalio (TG):
    The captain of the guard at MageKeep.

Garrett: gar10102: Looks like Captain Regalio's been holding out on the mages. Good thing he can't hold out on me.

Reggy (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male guards upon realizing someone's missing.

guard5: g5_ev_allym1: Isn't Reggy supposed to be here? I should report him, lazy lugabout....

Renault (TDP/G):
    A Hammerite astronomer who used the observatory at the Hammer Cathedral in the present-day Sealed Section.

murus: MURREN1: The first is Brother Renault. He died in the cellar of the Cathedral. Please, go get his body and place it in his grave.
    murus: MURREN2: Please go get the body of Brother Renault and place it in his grave.

Rivet (TDS):
    A Hammerite who believed that one of his brethren witnessed a vision of Pagan treachery in the Fort Ironwood graveyard.

OQGraveyardConv_003000: m14c0203: [...] But, what choice have we, Brother Rivet? The undead return so quickly after we smite them....

Roland (TDS):
    A Hammerite who oversaw the factory at St. Edgar's Church.

HamFactoryConv_002000: m04c0202: Wouldst that I might. But more of our brethren doth arrive, and Roland doth instruct me that machines must be ready for their use.
    HamFactoryConv_003000: m04c0203: Brother Roland doth ask too much. I see him not, working beside thee at thy task.

Rosie (TMA):
    A prostitute who was arrested by one of her clients, Officer Coranth.

sg40802B: Ahh, Rosie.... How's my favorite trollop, this evening? [unused conversation]
    sg40802F: Sorry, Rosie, I've got my orders. We're to round up all...'street people.' No exceptions. Come on. Let's go. [unused conversation]

Ruehan (TDS):
    A Keeper who oversaw the scribarium and was a member of the council. He took part in the votes on whether to guard Caduca's room and whether to move some books to the scribarium.

KCVoteCaducaRm_015000: m08c0211a: Glyph-warden Ruehan votes no. [broken conversation]
    KCVoteCaducaRm_016000: m08c0211b: Glyph-warden Ruehan votes yes. [broken conversation]
    KCVoteMoveBooks_015000: m08c0211a: Glyph-warden Ruehan votes no. [broken conversation]
    KCVoteMoveBooks_016000: m08c0211b: Glyph-warden Ruehan votes yes. [broken conversation]
    S

Sabine (TMA):
    A Mechanist working in Karath-din who found evidence that other people had previously explored the Lost City.

mc21504D: (Scornful and incredulous) Thou art, by far, too gullible, Sabine. 'Twixt the burricks and the beasts of living fire, what man could survive here alone?

Sally (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female thugs while muttering to themselves.

thug3: t3_idle1: What was he thinkin'...calling me Sally. My name ain't Sally. If he can't even remember my name, then why should I bother? [...]

Samuel (TDS):
    A Keeper elder who felt that Garrett should get permission from the council before searching for the Compendium of Reproach.

SM3GlyphKeyFound_003000: m12c0703: That is no longer important, Elder Samuel. However, the prophecies say that when it is recovered, as Garrett has now done, that the dark age will be quickly upon us.
    SM3GlyphKeyFound_005000: m12c0705: Perhaps you are right, Elder Samuel. I shall discuss this with Orland.

Samuel Fogerty (TDS):
    A merchant who sold gold and jewelry out of a shop in Auldale. After he sold a necklace made of fool's gold to Jimmy the Knife, the thug responded by seizing the shop from him.

AULGoldsmithMobConvo_012000: m15c0212: That almost sounded like a threat, Fogerty, you worm. Don't make me make an example out of you. Now, scram. I hate the sighta you.
    custom_speech: m15v03b: I hate that goldsmith, what's his name, oh yeah, Fogerty. That's why I had to take over his shop...boarded it all up. If I see him trying to get back in...I'll kill him.
    custom_speech: m15v03c: Long as I'm breathin', that goldsmith Fogerty ain't getting back in his store. Not after he pulled a fast one on me like that. [...]
    custom_speech: m15v03d: It's my store now, Fogerty. You ain't getting' back in business now, not unless it's over my cold dead body.
    custom_speech: m15v04b: That's what you get for trying to double-cross a dangerous criminal, Samuel Fogerty. Maybe he'll just turn up dead somewhere. Then I could open my store back up.

Sandlewood (TDS):
    The leader of a group of Pagans who were murdered by the Hammerites.

AULPaganColorConvo_002000: m15c0402: About them Hammerheads? They bes deaded Sandlewood and her bunch yesterday! I bes will feeder on them fleshes!

Scully (TDS):
    A thief who pretended to be Garrett. He took a job from Brent to steal the Orincross Dagger from Cothron's Armory, but was unsuccessful.

custom_speech: m12v06b: Okay, hold it together, Scully. First, find that golden dagger. Then drop it off in Saint Edgar's donations box. I want that reward from Mr. Brent, that's for sure.

Shemenov family (TDP/G):
    A family of nobles and craftsmen who had an estate in Dayport.

Hammer1: hm1c1301: Heard thou? Tarius, seeking to save his purse, didst buy his new knife from the Shemenov's, not our smiths.
    Hammer2: hm2c1304: Hah. The Shemenov are shoddy craftsmen, and Tarius is well learnt on it.
    GUARD2: Sg2c1301: You seen the stuff Shemenov's tough boys are wearin'? [broken conversation]

Sinclair (TDS):
    A guard employed by the Wieldstrom Museum who was posted at the front door.

MUSColor_001000: m10c0201: How's it goin', Sinclair?

Skullcap (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Pagans upon reporting a body.

pagan1: p1_rcon_ik_na1: I think Skullcap is deaded, don't let us be next. Keepsy on your toes....

Smith (TMA, TDS):
    A person who lived in the neighborhood north of the Crippled Burrick Pub.
    Also, a name sometimes mentioned by male Keeper elders or female Keeper scribes upon realizing someone's missing.

Garrett: gar0503: Judging from the guard post I'll bet that's Smith's place. [unused]
    keeperelder1: ke1_ev_ally_na1: Did you know where Keeper Smith went?
    keeperscribe2: ks2_ev_ally1: I thought Keeper Smith was on duty here...hmmm....

Smithy (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male guards muttering to themselves while drunk, while investigating something, upon noticing something odd, or upon seeing someone die.

guard2: g2_dru_idle5: (Drunk) ...Oh...this is the (hiccups) last time I drinks with (hiccups) Smithy...oh boy oh boy....
    guard3: g3_rcon_na3: Keep looking, someone's here, or my name ain't Smithy....
    guard4: g4_sle_yini1: Hello? (Yawns) Is that you, Smithy? Come chat a while...so I don't fall asleep....
    guard4: g4_wdie_m1: No! Dead! Alas, poor Smithy!

Stalwart (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by Hammerite priests muttering to themselves.

hammer2: hp1_idle5: 'Tis vanity, I know...but I canst help but think on it...if Brother Stalwart, who all know is quite aged...were to pass, then his position would fall to me...and I would gladly take up that yoke...and his title...of course....

Stella (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male commoners while investigating something.

commoner3: c3_ycon2: That ain't you, Stella, is it? Trying to scare me?

Stout (TDS):
    The warden of Pavelock Prison.

custom_speech: m11v17a: So, it's the infamous Garrett. You may have heard of me...Warden Stout. It's a name you'll soon come to respect. We only let you live so there could be a public execution.
    custom_speech: m11v74a: Garrett! Did Warden Stout tell you? We're pooling our money...make sure the executioner does a special job on you!

Sutter (TG):
    A Downwinder who guarded the front door of the restaurant above the Overlord's Fancy a little too well.

Thief1: th107101: Reeve's balls, Sutter! It's me!
    Thief1: th107108: Sutter, I'll put up with your airs a ways, but if you start putting it like I'm that much of a fool, there will be blood! Now open this door!
    Thief1: th106900: Y'hear about Sutter's job last night?

T

Thackery (TDS):
    A Keeper who was present at Gamall's transition ceremony where her true form as the Hag was revealed.

SM3GamallFollowupScribe_001000: m12c1101: No, no...they hadn't even finished the ceremony...Keeper Thackery says she was right in the middle of her transitioning statements....
    SM3GamallFollowupScribe_005000: m12c1105: I know. The hole in the wall where she fled. Thackery says she must have a lair...someplace where she feels safe. They say she's the one who's been taking books, not Garrett.
    SM3GamallFollowupScribe_007000: m12c1107: [...] Thackery says she's been to blame for all the troubles...murders, missing books, disappearances...everything.

Thorwald family (TMA):
    A noble family whom Karras promised to gift with security devices.

mc40608B: I am sorry. The device I was constructing...wouldst not work properly, and Lord Karras had promised it to the Thorwalds today. [unused conversation]
    mc30608C: Tsuh! Why doest thou waste thy time? The Thorwalds will appreciate thy pains not at all. [unused conversation]

Tarius (TDP/G):
    A Hammerite who bought a knife from the Shemenovs, which broke when he used it during supper.

Hammer1: hm1c1301: Heard thou? Tarius, seeking to save his purse, didst buy his new knife from the Shemenov's, not our smiths.
    Hammer2: hm2c1304: Hah. The Shemenov are shoddy craftsmen, and Tarius is well learnt on it.

Thorenson (TDS):
    A Keeper Elder whom Isolde spoke to concerning a passage she found about the Final Glyph and the One True Keeper.

keeperscribe1: ks1_ycon2: Hello? Elder Thorenson? Is that you?
    keeperscribe1: ks1_ycon_he2: What would Elder Thorenson do when presented with such a sound? Hmmm....
    keeperscribe2: ks2_idle7: At least Keeper Thorenson thought my penmanship was good. I think he actually said, 'impeccable'. That's something anyway.
    keeperscribe2: ks2_yini3: Hello? Elder Thorenson?

Thorndike (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Keeper scribes while muttering to themselves.

keeperscribe1: ks1_idle1: Why did Elder Thorndike not answer my question? It seems a small thing...'What sent Scribe Albright to the infirmary?' What could it hurt to tell me the answer?

Thorsen (TDS):
    A Keeper elder and member of the council. She took part in the votes on whether to guard Caduca's room and whether to move some books to the scribarium.

KCVoteCaducaRm_009000: m08c0207: Elder Thorsen votes no. [broken conversation]
    KCVoteMoveBooks_009000: m08c0207: Elder Thorsen votes no. [broken conversation]

Tobias (TDS):
    A Hammerite who worked in the Stonemarket Clocktower and instructed one of his apprentices to study how the mechanisms worked.
    Also, a name sometimes mentioned by Hammerites while muttering to themselves.

ClkBasementMachines_001000: m07c0201: Master Tobias, as thou didst instruct me, I hath spent a night in meditation upon the workings of the furnace.
    custom_speech: m07v02a: (Deaf from the chimes) MUST NEEDS I SPEAK TO BROTHER TOBIAS REGARDING THE CHIMES. 'TIS MOST DISGRACEFUL HOW SOFT THEIR TONE HATH BECOME. [...] [unused]
    hammer2: h2_idle5: Saint Maximil, watch thou over the blades, that they keepest their edge. Saint Tobias, watch thee over the counterweights, that they never shift. [...]

Trog (TG):
    A name sometimes mentioned by Downwinders upon reporting a body.

Thief1: th1rbod1: Somebody already got to Trog! Let's not be next.
    U

Uriel (TMA):
    A Hammerite who went to Rampone Dockside Shipping to pick up an order of hammers from Kilgor.

no10201A: (Reprimanding and huffy) You must be Uriel.... Well, you're late. I thought I made it clear to you Hammers that I don't like to be kept waiting.
    V

Lady Van Vernon (TMA):
    A noblewoman who had a castle in Dayport and was known to be unfaithful to her husband.

sg11101A: ...and I'm telling you that the only stench heartier than your rotting burrick of a master, is the liquor on his fetid breath! If he comes near Lady van Vernon again, we'll boil his knickers..
    sg11101C: Huh... (Angry, proclaiming loudly) How dare you defile the name of someone so good and virtuous as the Lady van Vernon?!! [...]

Vargis (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by male Keeper scribes upon noticing something odd, while investigating something, or upon calming down.

keeperscribe1: ks1_rcon_se3: Who's that I saw? Is that you, Keeper Vargis? Hmmm....
    keeperscribe1: ks1_ycon_na2: We should search together...thereby 'maximizing our chances', as Elder Vargis is so fond of saying....
    keeperscribe1: ks1_rret3: No one. Maybe Elder Vargis is right...I'm too impressionable.
    keeperscribe1: ks1_yret_na1: Nothing. Maybe it was Keeper Vargis testing us. Don't you wish they'd give us a little warning?

Varia (TDS):
    A noblewoman who got fed up with her fellow nobles constantly repeating "Quite!" and "Yes!" all the time.

SeaNobleColor_010000: m05c0510: My! What's gotten into our Miss Varia?

Verlin (TG):
    A Hand Mage who worked as the librarian in the central tower.

mage2: mg210605: Then report that Verlin the Librarian has progressed excellently with the project in the secret study. Tell them also that Verlin has most-skillfully filed the Ritual of Opening in its proper location. Tell them that Verlin did masterfully tidy away many many books, and that they need think of it no more. [unused conversation]

Vincent Crowley (TDS):
    A stonecutter who was asked by two thieves to cut some gems they stole. Crowley took some gems for himself, only for the thieves to come back and get revenge.

SMCutterAndThugs_001000: m12c0101: Well, now...we're here...in your shop...so...where are the stones, eh Crowley?
    SMCutterAndThugs_007000: m12c0107: Too late Crowley. We gave you your chance. If word got out we let a weepy little shopkeeper like you get the better of us....
    SMCutterAndThugs_008000: m12c0108: Yeah, nothin' personal Crowley...this is business.
    SMCutterAndThugs_010000: m12c0110: [...] I kinda like you, Crowley, but now we really have to kill you. Then we...what we gotta do after that, Milton?

Vorig (TDS):
    A Keeper elder and member of the council. He took part in the votes on whether to guard Caduca's room and whether to move some books to the scribarium.

KCStepForward_002000: m08c0102: 278 years, Keeper Vorig. I read my histories. Though, of course there have been the unexplained disappearances.
    KCVoteCaducaRm_010000: m08c0208a: Elder Vorig votes yes. [broken conversation]
    KCVoteCaducaRm_011000: m08c0208b: Elder Vorig votes no. [broken conversation]
    KCVoteMoveBooks_010000: m08c0208a: Elder Vorig votes yes. [broken conversation]
    KCVoteMoveBooks_011000: m08c0208b: Elder Vorig votes no. [broken conversation]
    W

Waldorf family (TDS):
    A noble family who lived on the east side of The City's main river.

OQBridgeCartJacking_002000: m14c0302: But I got my papers, all in order, see? And quarantine's over, right? Look, I got a cart full of food. Big party tonight at the Waldorf's. I'm the caterer.
    OQBridgeCartJacking_006000: m14c0306: No, of course not. Are you even hearing me? I've made a contract to be at the Waldorf Mansion. Their daughter's engagement party! [...]

Master Willey (TMA):
    A nobleman who had a manor in Dayport and was known for his alcoholism.

sg51101B: (Scoffing) [...] Our good Master Willey wouldn't be caught near that frumpy... little trollop... unless he were holding her back at the end of a halberd!!

Wicket (TDS):
    The landlord of the apartment building by the South Quarter fountain.

garrett: gar1102: Too bad Mr. Wicket has to pay money to his blackmailer. Too bad for his blackmailer that I know where the drop is.

Willow (TDS):
    A name sometimes mentioned by female Pagan shamans while investigating something.

pagan3: ps2_ycon5: Bes that you, Willow? There bes no classes today...hello?

Wilson (TDS):
    A man who noticed that the Auldale Public Gardens had been taken over by Pagans.
    Also, a guard employed by the Wieldstrom Museum who tended to sleep on the job.

AULAristocratDreptConvo_002000: m15c0102: [...] And Wilson says there's an absolute throng of Pagans that've taken over the park.
    MUSStatue_004000: m10c0404: Was Wilson sleeping again? Let him nap, nothing ever--

Woodbine (TDS):
    A Pagan shaman who led the group living in the sanctuary in South Quarter.

custom_speech: m03v03a: Moon of beams, sap o' vines, bones and twigs bes intertwines...Me calls upon them powers of him that bes our Woodsie Lord...Me, Woodbine, Shaman....
    custom_speech: m03v03b: I bes Woodbine, Shaman the great, sap for blood, and master of many....
    custom_speech: m03v01a: [...] No, Leafers, you bes not brave enough. Just bringsy them map to Woodbine. [...]
    X

Xavier (TDS):
    A former First Keeper who wrote a treatise on the Hand Mages.

keeper1: k1_idle1: Xavier would never have allowed it, but times are different and...Orland is First Keeper, now....
    keeper2: k2_idle5: New robes, I see. Somewhat...elaborate. The old robes were good enough for Xavier....
    Y
    Z

Zachary (TDS):
    A nobleman who, along with his wife, Amanda, found the tunnel that had been used by thieves to break into the Wieldstrom Museum.

AULAristocratHeistConvo_002000: m15c0302: Exactly my point, Zachary. The mother...now she had a brain...and a plan. Women often do. [...]
    AULAristocratHeistConvo_004000: m15c0304: Really, Zachary. If they haven't found the tunnel yet, there's no reason to think they'll ever find it. No, there's time for more planning before our naughty little heist.
    AULAristocratHeistConvo_006000: m15c0306: Of course not, Zachy-poo. I just want everything to go perfectly. I mean, there's only one museum, and I don't want to rush in without the right outfit.
    Last edited by Grandmauden; 1st Apr 2017 at 13:56. Reason: Minor format error

wow super impressive,i so hope to see a lot of these npc's in future missions

also Lilly's nickname is minnow

and dewdrop is a spirit in a doll,as he has powers against machinist,we just never got any plot on him besides the conversation by ghost Lilly/minnow

I've always understood Lily and Minnow to be separate characters. Not sure where you're getting the idea that they're the same girl.
    If this works as evidence, you can find the bodies of Lily and her mother at the southwest hut, and the bodies of Minnow's mother and father at the Gathering Place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    In Kidnap in the conversation about the Burricks, I think one Mechanist calls the other Certes.
    I looked this up; according to Merriam-Webster, "certes" is just an archaic way of saying "certainly."

ohh ok i guess i though it was one family,but now it does make sense that it is another family,you rocked it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast