TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEW T2 fm: Darkstone gem chapter 2, part 2: Unexpected Detour. (20/03/2017)

Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    Itīs not in the FM.
    First rename obj.crf in RES folder.
    And maybe you have an OBJ folder that belongs to an HDMOD too. Rename that OBJ folder.
    Can you start the mission now?
    I found that, but I went ahead and disabled the HD mod and it loaded with no problems.
    But what would I rename it to? Anything?

UPDATE: I renamed it and it crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne93 View Post
    I found that, but I went ahead and disabled the HD mod and it loaded with no problems.
    But what would I rename it to? Anything?

UPDATE: I renamed it and it crashed.
    Not all the HDMOD but OBJ.CRF or a folder where you can see OBJ/txt/txt16 in your HDMOD.
    I think your problem is one or more dds textures in there. You know, objects that also appear in the store canīt be in dds format.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    If disabling the HD Mod worked, just go with that. More than likely the mod uses a DDS texture on an object which appears in the loadout screen, which will cause that crash.

Something I can not find the Tomb of merchants. In what location is it located?

Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    Something I can not find the Tomb of merchants. In what location is it located?
    The Tomb of Merchants is located not very far from a location in the large subterranean graveyard where two gates labelled "Radiance Gate" and "Gate of infidels" can be found. If you have found that location, look nearby for a passage leading up to a white statue. This should be where you have to go.

baeuchlein, thanks! I found it. But in what order to press the tablets? Trickster - this is clearly in the left in the middle. The eye - at the bottom left. The lady is on the upper right. The other entity is at the bottom right. But the gate does not open.

The order in which you have to press the buttons has something to do with a transcription you found in the Pit area.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    The order in which you have to press the buttons has something to do with a transcription you found in the Pit area.
    I've been looking for that transcription all over the place.

Where exactly is this "pit area" you mentioned? Is it near the gate of the infidels because an inscription there mentioned the "pit of the infidels"?

Oh, and by the way, the face of the lady looking up at you is the creepiest thing I've seen in an FM in a long time. Genuinely made me feel chilled.

Yeah, the Pit of Infidels is the Pit area the transcription is beside a corpse (Luke's, mentioned in the diary at the tunnel leading to the octagonal vaults).

Okay, I'm stupid. I've already found that scroll but didn't realize it was the hint. Instead I thought it refers to the Lady's gaze that you can see at the bottom of the pit.

Hah!

Huh. So I have the hint in my inventory and am pretty sure about what I have to do, yet the correct solution eludes me.

"When death and despair come, fear not,
    for the Lady will always be watching with
    vigilant eyes on your lost souls
    before the demons feast on them.

The way I got it figured is:
    I'll have to press these buttons in a certain sequence.
    The likely sequence is:
    - death and despair
    - Lady
    - vigilant eyes
    - lost souls
    - feasting demons

So there are 6 buttons, each with a different texture.
    Top left: some bird-like figure that looks rather withered and despairing; got it figured as either "despair" or "lost souls"
    Top right: this has to be "the Lady", as its a long-haired woman with royal insignia in her hands
    Center left: looks very similar to the Trickster so I got this figured as the "demons"
    Center right: a bunch of skulls, likely represents "death"
    Bottom left: an eye, this represents the "vigilant eyes"
    Bottom right: looks like a man carrying something like a whip or some kind of farming tool over his head? This has to be "lost souls", right?

So that's the way I got it figured, but no matter what sequence I push the buttons in, it's not doing anything. Huh.

The code is actually only four buttons: death - lady - eye - demon

Oooh. Guess that's why it's written in four seperate lines.

Originally, the puzzle had 4 buttons, but I realized it was way too easy to figure out by trial and error.

I overthought the puzzle as well, by trying to use all 6 buttons

Cool mission, definitely gave me Down in the Bonehoard flashbacks.

This is a really good classic mission, but:

I think the readable with the numbered artifacts (the "1. a figure similar to the trickster" one, etc) is a mistake, as it looks like the key to the puzzle at first glance. Especially given the nice setpiece in the hut outside the mines, after which the corresponding numbered gravestone there seems important.

I know what you mean. However, I think the last diary found in the mission is more than enough to let the player know which readable is the key to the puzzle. The scroll with the numbers acts as a stronger clue, along with the tablets with the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    I know what you mean. However, I think the last diary found in the mission is more than enough to let the player know which readable is the key to the puzzle.
    The main problem might be that the player has to guess who Luke is. I didn't make that connection, although I was wondering why the correct sequence apparently was mentioned in the note assigning numbers to the pictures. Maybe there should be a hint on easiest difficulty level about where that mysterious Luke might be. On the other hand, he's the only person around who actually carried around one of the transcriptions mentioned, which one could count as another hint to the identity of the dead one.

Taken from the Chief's diary:

"A strange structure has been found in level 2 along with more caves. Adolpho's party was sent again. Awaiting report.

Month 5, day 14.

Adolpho returned again. Luke and Edward reported missing. Adolpho informed me that they stayed to translate ancient scriptures."

This implies that Luke was left behind in the Pit area, and so you find his corpse there.

Afterwards, a diary mentions:

"The only exit is locked by some kind of puzzle in the Tomb of Merchants. Only that bastard Luke has the key in one of his stupid transcriptions..."

This was a fine tribute to the Bonehoard and a great mission in its own right. Loved it! Thanks, DarkMax!