TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Object Request Please, Pretty Please.

Object Request Please, Pretty Please.

Can anybody help me please with these...

Finally have got a new Dromed running properly and am filling it up with nice new goodies, I have started my level from scratch and have rebuilt the town square with it's central obylisk which has four working drinking fountains. At one end I want to have a horse trough and would love the water pump in the last photo and on the other three sides I would like the park benches...the circular seat would look nice around a street light.
    Thank you.

check this park bench ready for dromed:

http://spirited-tech.com/thief/2016/...by-dc-project/

Thanks Pedro, I'm getting a lot of "connection refused" from spirited tech today???
    Got it...that will do nicely thanks...one down.
    Last edited by Ravenhook; 26th Mar 2017 at 13:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhook View Post
    Thanks Pedro, I'm getting a lot of "connection refused" from spirited tech today???
    Got it...that will do nicely thanks...one down.
    if you find a water pump or a round sit somewhere in a 3d objects site, show me them and i will try convert them into bin files for you to use them in dromed.

I started working on the water pump but I can't guarantee it will be super elegant. I'll try to make the handle functional too. I'll post a picture of the result later today.

Thanks John, looking forward to seeing it..hmm, working handle...have to put a cd link on it so that it operates an h20 stream on the downward stroke and it would suit the dripping water with those wonderful splash rings a treat too.

No problem Ravenhook. I was just wondering how this would be timed since an 'On' is not sent from a lever until it completes it's travel.

That round one is cool, I can work on that. I also have finally got in position to submit objects to object repository. So you'll get your camera, sorry about the time, it got away with me.

Now on that round bench, what is going in the middle of it? Depending on what it is, we need to make sure my object's center isn't in solid brush ect.

No idea whatsoever John...the pressureplate object starts at the bottom of it's travel so I suppose it could be timed that way??
    Gamophyte...thank you, not worried about the camera taking too much time as my dromed install completely buggered itself up with a little help from me and now I have a nice new one and am making great strides in replacing my mission from scratch and if I might say so myself it looks better than the old one with no irritating yellow warnings.
    Re the round bench...I thought one of those new lamp posts as trees have a rather large scale...

Re the round bench...I thought one of those new lamp posts as trees have a rather large scale...
    Okay what? LOL. Can I ask for clarification here?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    What gamophyte is saying, Ravenhook, is if he makes the round bench as a single object then you will not be able to put a tree, column or anything in the middle made of a solid terrain brush. The bench won't render if its center is in solid. If you're planning to use an object there then it's fine, otherwise, he might want to make a semi-circular bench and you can use two. That might actually be more useful anyway...

I see, two halves would probably be better then..thanks for pointing that out, it would have thrown up some bad errors eh?.

I see, two halves would probably be better then..thanks for pointing that out, it would have thrown up some bad errors eh?.
    Nothing serious, it just doesn't render. I sometimes sink my objects into another or a wall but as soon as the center (I have centers visually enabled in dromed) is inside, the object disappears until I move it back out. Two halves will mean that each will have the center offset enough not to be inside the central object/brush. But I can also make the center object apart of the whole thing too depending on what you want there.

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    That round one is cool, I can work on that. I also have finally got in position to submit objects to object repository. So you'll get your camera, sorry about the time, it got away with me.

Now on that round bench, what is going in the middle of it? Depending on what it is, we need to make sure my object's center isn't in solid brush ect.
    What if you made the object a half circle. That way the center will always be in an area that isn't ever going to be occupied by solid space, and the half size can be used in more places besides around a tree.

Edit: I should have read the other posts first.

Ravenhook I still need a little bit more time to work on the pump. So far I have everything done except for the handle and the joints. I actually redid the handle because I didn't like the result.

For anyone curious about how the round bench came out

Excellent job Gamophyte, to you have to give transparency 0.99 in order to be able to see other objects trough the metal ornament?

Absolutely stunning. Thank you very much.

Rather than hold you up forever Ravenhook I think I'll post a link to the water pump I've made so far. I've had problems trying to get the handle to move with the vertices rod so for now I'll post the non-jointed model this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Excellent job Gamophyte, to you have to give transparency 0.99 in order to be able to see other objects trough the metal ornament?
    no, it's a transparent in-part PNG. So out of the box it works, but then to not hide its neighboring object (two object halves) I had to make the engine aware of it by tagging it alpha 1.00. is .99 better for some other reason?

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    no, it's a transparent in-part PNG. So out of the box it works, but then to not hide its neighboring object (two object halves) I had to make the engine aware of it by tagging it alpha 1.00. is .99 better for some other reason?
    i use alot of png and tga textures with transparencies and when for example i look through a window that uses these kind of texture, the trees or other objects are not visible from the other side of the window, but when i set the window object in droemd to transparency alpha 0.99 i can see already what's on the other side of the window.

I just tried now 1.00 transparency, and it also works...oh dear i guess i have to adjust many objects that i set to 0.99 then, im glad you mention the 1.00 Gamophyte

i use alot of png and tga textures with transparencies and when for example i look through a window that uses these kind of texture, the trees or other objects are not visible from the other side of the window, but when i set the window object in droemd to transparency alpha 0.99 i can see already what's on the other side of the window.
    As sure you will, but I wondered if there was a difference between 1.00 and .99. If not, in your case, you could just go 1.00 so your window isn't ever so slightly see through. The PNG will do the work for you - at least as I understand it.

I just tried now 1.00 transparency, and it also works...oh dear i guess i have to adjust many objects that i set to 0.99 then, im glad you mention the 1.00 Gamophyte
    I will ask this.... remember when at a distance your grass showed white "auras" around them? My bench does this too if looking at it at a distance. In my case it's cool because it actually makes it look more structural. In the future though, how did you ever fix that issue? I don't know where that thread was, and keywords gets too many.

EDIT: also, when it comes to window object I just make the glass texture alone a little transparent via 3dsTObin.

the difference betweem 1.00 and 0.99 can be more clear in daylight missions, so i prefer 1.00

About the white auras i saw that with some of my png textures when seeing these objects in long distance, honestly i don't like it, but good thing it just happens from a long distance. I do windows in many ways, with brushes, and i can use a glasscube object from Yandros and also his res_cube objects to make the window frames, but i can make glasses with textures, i can have a simple window texture with the glasses partially transparent and the window frames opac, or have the glasses partially transparent have cracks in the glass totally transparent and the window frames opac like i did here:

Last edited by Cardia; 11th Apr 2017 at 15:08.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast