TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Breathing Corpses (06 May 2017)

Well, finished! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Here are my final stats:

OK, I found the rosary bead, crafted the hammer from head and stem and solved the riddle about the three brothers and found the said treasure (ring with a red stone) in the tomb of the true heritage.

Right now I retrieved the fake iconic hammer on the hammer altar in the nave (and crafted the hammer, just as the ghost told me) I fulfilled an objective about making the hammer, so everything seems to be correct. Now I am unsure, what to do next.

According to my objectives, I need to find the true iconic hammer and retrieve the cursed sun.

There are four places (I made screenshots for reference) where I stuck now:

#1 There is a locked iron door in the corridor (wooden floor) right over the tomb of justice. Where do I find the key?

# 2 Also, there is a locked wooden door next to the entrance to the tomb of the envious skeleton. Where is the key for this door?

# 3 & # 4 There are two riddles (excluding the cursed sun) which tell me I have to hear the words of the builder to proceed further. I am sure I have "heard the words" by reading the book in the library on the table. I hear a holy sound after reading this book. One place is in a quadratic room with a large abyss next to the cursed sun, it seems I have to place a certain item on the podest, right?
    The other place is next to the dead thief, there is a frobbable ghost standing in front of a circle of candles. It seems like I have to give him a certain item.

In the area where you reassembled the hammer, you should find the real First Icon.

1. The key to that door is deviously hidden, but it is not needed. That door is just a shortcut to Saddelr's Vault.

2. This door is an alternative exit which will open later.

3. If you have read the book, you can enter the area. There should be a key on that pedesal.

4. You don't need to give him an item, you have to take (cut) something from him

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchDecay View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think I can fix the coins being wasted when used on other items, the dead are greedy I guess
    I thought Garrett was greedy enough for the whole world. Well, I just see you already mentioned this in the info file. Maybe I should just get used to really read these files.

can you tell me if you've done anything specific for the "kill 30 enemies?" such as maybe hitting zombies enough so that they lay on the ground? It does qualify as a kill even if they don't explode I think
    Well, just "laying them to rest" does indeed qualify. I just re-played the beginning in order to count my victims once again, and the last one I hit went down but did not explode (yet - I took care of that some seconds later), yet the "Objective complete" message popped up just then. I remember experiencing something similar yesterday when attempting to confirm my suspicion about the "kill 30 enemies" objective.

However, that alone does not explain what happened. I was at about 13 to 15 dead ex-undead when "Objecitve complete" appeared. Something else than laying zombies to rest and permanently killing them does count as a "kill" as well, apparently. On the other hand, just hitting an undead with the sword is not enough to raise the body count.

Maybe you should change the objective to "kill about 30 enemies" or something like that. No need for hunting down the exact problem in that case.

Thinking Robot:
    spoiler:
    If I'm not mistaken the key you're looking for is called the Attic key. The name alone should be a clue as to how to find it.

I finished the FM last night and I am very impressed. Finished with less than 1000 loot left and found all the "official" secrets, as there are a few loose ends. I haven't found one of the keys needed for a series of chests, I still have one Mortuary coin left to spend, and I seem to be missing out on a bonus area that has been previously mentioned. Any hints towards these would be appreciated.

The only real problem I had while playing this FM is related to the otherwise brilliant voice acting. Sometimes the volume is too low (while the moaning is too loud) and the voice too soft, so that the words can't be heard properly. It's mostly everything said in The Nave, but there are other examples as well. Is there any chance the audio files could be edited to have their volume turned up a notch or so?

Game crashes when the equipment store loads. Does this with darkloader and fan mission selector. I have the latest newdark, darkloader and fms. Tafferpatcher was loaded too. Playing on a windows 10 64bit pc.

I'm not sure what to think of, ciscokidd73, does the game launch properly with other FMs?
    Unkillable Cat I tried to rise the volume of the voice acting but it doesn't make it clearer and it saturates too much unfortunately. I'll keep trying to improve it but for now I think I can't do much unfortunately.

These are some great stats DarkMax! So far it seems that everyone has good score, this is cool

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidd73 View Post
    Game crashes when the equipment store loads. Does this with darkloader and fan mission selector. I have the latest newdark, darkloader and fms. Tafferpatcher was loaded too. Playing on a windows 10 64bit pc.
    Uninstall any HD mods you may have.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    You installed additional texture patches? Disable it.

This could be the culprit
    ASSERT: [resimage.cpp@2432] Trying to SetData on a Locked Resource!
    (monolog).
    Never set a replacement texture to /fam

I'm not sure what to think of, ciscokidd73, does the game launch properly with other FMs?
    Unkillable Cat I tried to rise the volume of the voice acting but it doesn't make it clearer and it saturates too much unfortunately. I'll keep trying to improve it but for now I think I can't do much unfortunately.

These are some great stats DarkMax! So far it seems that everyone has good score, this is cool
    Yea other fm's will launch in darkloader except for unexpected detour i believe. That 1 has an equipment store in it and loads fine in FMS. I had to load tafferpatcher to get thief to even run on win10. Dont think i have any other mods/scripts loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    You installed additional texture patches? Disable it.

This could be the culprit
    ASSERT: [resimage.cpp@2432] Trying to SetData on a Locked Resource!
    (monolog).
    Never set a replacement texture to /fam
    Yea that error pops up if i launch from dromed

Ah I remember reading that this error could be overlooked, I'll try to replace everything over the week. I just hope this isn't the real problem here! Sorry about that

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Yea other fm's will launch in darkloader except for unexpected detour i believe. That 1 has an equipment store in it and loads fine in FMS. I had to load tafferpatcher to get thief to even run on win10. Dont think i have any other mods/scripts loaded.
    Use FMSel
    Try this
    Problem:
    Game crashes after clicking any of the Skip/Play FM buttons in FM Selector.
    (on Windows 10 in particular)
    Solution:
    * Try enabling "no_unload_fmsel" in "cam_mod.ini".

Folks,

Is there a "reset button" for the "Saddler tomb" puzzle? I was told there are three cursed generations and I found the place where everyone is named by generation but I return to the Saddler tomb area and I frob those three and nothing happens. I'm sure I've frobbed random tombs in this area before, but while I hear the "ancient tomb" light on/off sound, I have no way of knowing which ones I've frobbed and which ones I haven't.

Also, do I need to frob these tombs with a specific item instead of just frobbing the right tombs?

- prjames

No, you just frob the tombs. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Folks,

Is there a "reset button" for the "Saddler tomb" puzzle? I was told there are three cursed generations and I found the place where everyone is named by generation but I return to the Saddler tomb area and I frob those three and nothing happens. I'm sure I've frobbed random tombs in this area before, but while I hear the "ancient tomb" light on/off sound, I have no way of knowing which ones I've frobbed and which ones I haven't.

Also, do I need to frob these tombs with a specific item instead of just frobbing the right tombs?

- prjames
    Unfortunately, there is no way to reset it, I'm afraid you'll have to enter the combination of names in the correct order all that while trying to add a wrong number in order to move forward the current combination until it gets back to the correct position. You basically add a number to move which number will be the first one in the combination. I don't think I can phrase it properly but surely you see what I mean. Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully this won't waste too much of your time. I couldn't add an odometer in there, it wouldn't have been relevant

Congratulations on the release.

FrenchDecay this is an amazing mission!! I missed getting some of the puzzles done so I will be replaying soon.

Thank you for all your dedication in making it!! It shows

pwl

[/QUOTE]Ravenus, where were you and what were you doing at that moment? Did you hear the icon speaking to you?

Thanks everyone for the reception too I can see that H3H3 was getting impatient too ahah[/QUOTE]

I grabbed the icon and left the above exit near the broken stairs with the zombie. I did listen to the ghost first.
    I worked my way back to stair with the plaque reading carcasses vault. I was picking the chest with the candles across from it.

The objective chimed to assemble the hammer. Hope that helps.

This mission is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenus1 View Post
    Ravenus, where were you and what were you doing at that moment? Did you hear the icon speaking to you?

Thanks everyone for the reception too I can see that H3H3 was getting impatient too ahah

I grabbed the icon and left the above exit near the broken stairs with the zombie. I did listen to the ghost first.
    I worked my way back to stair with the plaque reading carcasses vault. I was picking the chest with the candles across from it.

The objective chimed to assemble the hammer. Hope that helps.
    I think you may have left when either the ghost or the icon were speaking, maybe you triggered both and it only read one of them; the new objective is meant to pop up as soon as the Icon speaks about said objective
    Maybe someone else had the same problem? Other than that, I think you just triggered too much for the conversation to work properly

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchDecay
    Maybe someone else had the same problem? Other than that, I think you just triggered too much for the conversation to work properly
    I am not certain where exactly Ravenus1 had the problem described, but I think I've experienced something similar. I had found access to where the flaming Hammer icon was (or rather the fake icon, as it turned out), placed the portable ladder there, went down and snatched the fake icon and then got the objective change to look for the right icon instead. Some ghostly voice talked to me; it was the same voice I already heard when breaking into the first rooms with the undead and a few times afterwards. This time, the voice said that the doors were locked now, and unless I assembled a hammer for the voice, it wouldn't let me out.

Anyway, I went back again, the mysterious voice stopped talking, and I found a locked chest in another room nearby and began picking it with the lockpicks, when suddenly, "Objective change" appeared again. The objective to assemble the hammer had appeared.

I partially repeated this part, and it was basically the same: Some time after the mysterious voice stopped talking, the objective appeared. I think the timing may just not be perfect. It may also be caused by the fact that the german sound file is about eight seconds shorter than the english one (EvHa4.wav, in both cases).

Oh, and about prjames' problem with the Saddler family: If the puzzle works as FrenchDecay said, then a way to "reset" the puzzle might be to repeatedly frob the sarcophagus which is the first in the desired combination. Frobbing it about five times should do it. After that, the right combination should work again.

Since I am far from that place at the moment, I can't test this myself right now. So... no guarantees given.
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 2nd Apr 2017 at 16:29. Reason: Added info concerning prjames' problem

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    I am not certain where exactly Ravenus1 had the problem described, but I think I've experienced something similar. I had found access to where the flaming Hammer icon was (or rather the fake icon, as it turned out), placed the portable ladder there, went down and snatched the fake icon and then got the objective change to look for the right icon instead. Some ghostly voice talked to me; it was the same voice I already heard when breaking into the first rooms with the undead and a few times afterwards. This time, the voice said that the doors were locked now, and unless I assembled a hammer for the voice, it wouldn't let me out.

Anyway, I went back again, the mysterious voice stopped talking, and I found a locked chest in another room nearby and began picking it with the lockpicks, when suddenly, "Objective change" appeared again. The objective to assemble the hammer had appeared.

I partially repeated this part, and it was basically the same: Some time after the mysterious voice stopped talking, the objective appeared. I think the timing may just not be perfect. It may also be caused by the fact that the german sound file is about eight seconds shorter than the english one (EvHa4.wav, in both cases).

Oh, and about prjames' problem with the Saddler family: If the puzzle works as FrenchDecay said, then a way to "reset" the puzzle might be to repeatedly frob the sarcophagus which is the first in the desired combination. Frobbing it about five times should do it. After that, the right combination should work again.

Since I am far from that place at the moment, I can't test this myself right now. So... no guarantees given.
    Ah yes, the English version is timed so that the objective pops up as soon as it is given, but in other languages the timing may be off. I can't believe I didn't think about it sooner!

THESE NEW UNDEAD AIs ARE SO CREEPY

THEM WITH NO FACES
    OH GOD

AAAAAAAA

For the record, I also got the delay on the objective. In fact, I think I may have been opening a chest or door somewhere when it triggered.

Wow! Even as a passionate hater of zombies I'm really loving this mission, and I'm still just halfway through it. Screwed up and lost two hours of progress, and having to play it all again didn't annoy me in the slightest. Amazing work! Those new undead sure are freaky!