TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Breathing Corpses (06 May 2017)

Stuck again.

I have the rosary beads and have completed all other objectives, including the first icon.

I approach the rotten sun and it still kills me instantly when I touch it.

Do I need to do something else with the rosary beads before approaching the rotten sun?

- prjames

@prjames: You need to frob the sun with the hand of a saint

I used one of the holy water bombs ??

OK, where do I find the hand of a saint?

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchDecay View Post
    I think you may have left when either the ghost or the icon were speaking, maybe you triggered both and it only read one of them; the new objective is meant to pop up as soon as the Icon speaks about said objective
    Maybe someone else had the same problem? Other than that, I think you just triggered too much for the conversation to work properly

You are bang on both conversations triggered and were going on the same time. Anyhow I am 3 hours plus in and so far haven't needed a hint.

I am enjoying this mission alot.

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    OK, where do I find the hand of a saint?

- prjames
    You'll find a saint near Perrin's vault, under the Justice shrine. Go to the thief corpse and use the hammer replica on the slab on the floor and enter the passage that is revealed. The saint is waiting right there, dead obviously.
    If you take damages in the room, it means you are not worthy, you should go get a blessing in the library

@pwl They are just tools for Garrett to use, they aren't important. Although it's quite nice to keep them for the end

@Ravenus1 Ah I see, I didn't think it was possible to get the two of them working at the same time that quickly. Also good job, it can be hard to navigate through the tombs and solve the puzzles

Marvellous mission!
    Oh boy, this map is sooo hughe! I had a blast with it over the weekend and enjoyed every bit.
    Pretty nice map and some really good puzzles. Some kept me busy for a while, but figured them out on my own.

So there's this room with a statue facing the wall, an unlit torch (that I can't light), and a jar I can't frob. I have a feeling there's more to this room than meets the eye, but I can't find anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    So there's this room with a statue facing the wall, an unlit torch (that I can't light), and a jar I can't frob. I have a feeling there's more to this room than meets the eye, but I can't find anything else
    Ah yes this puzzle, there is a parch about it in the small room near the library. If you can't wrap your head around it you need to replicate the setting of this room in the room next door. The door won't open unless you meet the Old Man himself.
    You will find him in the small attic above the Justice shrine, near the nave.

@gnartsh Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for playing! By the way, the map was way bigger in its early stage but it was a bit too much back then

Thanks!

And how do I open the Vaults of Lud and the Covetous Carcass? I've stood on the pillars, but they won't activate.

Oh man, this mission is unbelievable. I had an idea in my head from the readables, but it's 10 times better than I could have imagined... won't be getting much sleep tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Thanks!

And how do I open the Vaults of Lud and the Covetous Carcass? I've stood on the pillars, but they won't activate.

Oh man, this mission is unbelievable. I had an idea in my head from the readables, but it's 10 times better than I could have imagined... won't be getting much sleep tonight
    Straight up spoilers then To get into the Carcass vault you need to place a golden skull on the pedestal, which you Will find in a vertical tomb in the ossuary. To open Lud's vault you need to place the 2 heavy goblets on the pedestals. Remember That only the Justice shrine's pedestals work with weight

Also thanks!

This is a really fun mission to play. Very well designed level, great atmosphere and good puzzles. Thanks!

A little feedback:

At the start I thought you created three different sets of objectives to please people with different playstyles. Turns out Heretic really is easy mode with more health, lower loot goal etc. Would’ve been cool if the difficulty itself was the same throughout, but the player could approach the level with his preferred playstyle. I like playing on expert but make a point of blackjacking/killing everything in a level. I’m just not the type for ghosting.

Some bugs/issues (some of those have been pointed out by others)
    spoiler:
    Mortuary coins can be spend on objects like chests , afterwards they’re gone.

spoiler:
    Kill count objective is set really low and probably bugged because zombies tick it off more than once.

spoiler:
    After picking up the false icon, the objective comes a good few seconds later. (English version)

spoiler:
    After completing the hammer I get no response, but grabbing the rotten sun gives another speech from the icon. I thought that didn’t really make sense. I recall he promises to help you, or at least open the doors again after you fix this hammer, not after you grab the rotten sun.

spoiler:
    Lockpicks could be used on many frobbable items like the skull in front of the 'one born without a face vault'. It doesn't actually do anything but makes the sound of lock that can't be picked.

edit: added another issue
    Last edited by Koning Kaas; 3rd Apr 2017 at 06:50.

FD, t'as fabriqué une FM qui est vraiment époustouflante !

(Playing as "Thief" I fulfilled all goals except finding the real Hammerite icon. Where is it?)
    Never mind, found it meanwhile.

Hm, there was one location I couldn't reach, difficult to describe:
    Near one of the great halls there is a kind of stuff chamber with two window curtains, from there I tried several times to jump in order to reach a crooked ladder which leads to an entrance, but I always failed to touch the ladder and fell in the deep.
    Then there were some wooden stairs leading to a kind of garden with a gate but I didn't find anything over there.
    Did I miss anything?

I liked that glittering forest, what a nice and peacful place to pause for a moment.

Anyway, finished with 13564/14679 in loot and discovered 4/5 secrets, not too bad.
    Last edited by zappen; 3rd Apr 2017 at 13:23.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by Koning Kaas View Post
    spoiler:
    After completing the hammer I get no response, but grabbing the rotten sun gives another speech from the icon. I thought that didn’t really make sense. I recall he promises to help you, or at least open the doors again after you fix this hammer, not after you grab the rotten sun.
    The speech should happen after you complete all objectvies: grab the Sun, the Icon, the loot, and the hammer. If the Sun was the last objective you completed, then it worked as intended.

spoiler:
    Lockpicks could be used on many frobbable items like the skull in front of the 'one born without a face vault'. It doesn't actually do anything but makes the sound of lock that can't be picked.
    Not only in this mission.

Found a good bug with the ladder (using the latest version)

Pick it up. Drop it again with "r" or whatever. Climb on it. Pick it up again.

You can now fly!

This is a really fun mission to play. Very well designed level, great atmosphere and good puzzles. Thanks!

A little feedback:

At the start I thought you created three different sets of objectives to please people with different playstyles. Turns out Heretic really is easy mode with more health, lower loot goal etc. Would’ve been cool if the difficulty itself was the same throughout, but the player could approach the level with his preferred playstyle. I like playing on expert but make a point of blackjacking/killing everything in a level. I’m just not the type for ghosting.
    Thanks for playing! I thought the same about the difficulty for a moment, but I thought that for the heretic path, it was more logical to have a lower loot requirement simply because the player will likely kill everything on his way; there is almost no risk of encountering someone will picking a chest or something. I should probably have changed the healthbar though!
    Thanks for reporting these issues still, marbleman is right though, the dialogue triggered as it was supposed to when you grabbed the rotten sun. You just happened to do it in an unconventional order

@zappen Hey zappen, thanks a lot About that jump you can't make from the small room with curtains, you need to stand on the table by the second window, the closest to the wall. Then you face the crooked ladder and you try to run in a diagonal towards it. It's a bit tricky but it's much easier than it used to be! Alternatively, you can use a speed potion or the air talisman to get to it easily. Try jumping slightly on the sides instead of forward too
    That second place you are describing is the alternate ending the Icon opens for you

@Swiz Now I can't believe I missed on something like this! I'll fix that in the future, thanks for playing and reporting this ahah, try not to fly too much you taffer

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    Thinking Robot:
    spoiler:
    If I'm not mistaken the key you're looking for is called the Attic key. The name alone should be a clue as to how to find it.

I finished the FM last night and I am very impressed. Finished with less than 1000 loot left and found all the "official" secrets, as there are a few loose ends. I haven't found one of the keys needed for a series of chests, I still have one Mortuary coin left to spend, and I seem to be missing out on a bonus area that has been previously mentioned. Any hints towards these would be appreciated.

The only real problem I had while playing this FM is related to the otherwise brilliant voice acting. Sometimes the volume is too low (while the moaning is too loud) and the voice too soft, so that the words can't be heard properly. It's mostly everything said in The Nave, but there are other examples as well. Is there any chance the audio files could be edited to have their volume turned up a notch or so?
    I have not played the game yet, so I don't know if these were my parts you are speaking of. The files are MP3 and were normalized to -1 dB (usual standard is -3 dB which would be even quieter). If the volume were boosted from the maters, they would probably clip and sound terrible. I don't know DromEd well enough to know if there is a control for volume of the sounds. I would expect there is. Then again, maybe the parts were not mine. I'll have to play it to see.

By the way, congrats to French Decay for the release! It was a pleasure to do some of the VO work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchDecay View Post
    I'm not sure what to think of, ciscokidd73, does the game launch properly with other FMs?
    Unkillable Cat I tried to rise the volume of the voice acting but it doesn't make it clearer and it saturates too much unfortunately. I'll keep trying to improve it but for now I think I can't do much unfortunately.

These are some great stats DarkMax! So far it seems that everyone has good score, this is cool
    Were these my parts FD? I can try to work some magic and boost them without distorting them. Let me know if you would like me to try. Thanks!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    The best practice is to normalize levels across all sound files as you did, and adjust volume in the sound schemas (which FD would have to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    The best practice is to normalize levels across all sound files as you did, and adjust volume in the sound schemas (which FD would have to do).
    Good to know. Also, I wish I had sent FrenchDecay WAV files instead. The MP3s were mixed by FD into some ambient background atmosphere and resaved as WAV. The quality may have degraded somewhat because of this, but not too much to really matter. I have heard the first two of my spots and they are loud enough. I played the other manually and they seem OK, but maybe the longer ones are on the quiet side.

Playwise, I'm just starting out in the tombs and doing sort of OK. I'm playing on Heretic. I usually play on expert, but I though I may need the extra health for this one. I am not a zombie liker. I tend to find them distasteful. Loved doing the VO work for this though. For those that may remember "Bewitched", I imagined the "helper" part as if I were an evil dead discorporate Uncle Arthur. A bit prissy and very insane.

Excellent FM!
    Is it possible to enter into "True Heirs Vault"? As?

I think the VO balancing problem was with my bit as the Old Man. I definitely noticed some weird inconsistency between the two tracks used for him, and I'm inclined to believe that it may have been something on my end since I was not nearly as good with sound editing back when I recorded the lines as I am now.

Once again, my urge to check this board just-in-case a new FM has been uploaded has paid off! I hate I missed it by a couple days.

Downloading now.

Quote Originally Posted by Empyrium View Post
    Excellent FM!
    Is it possible to enter into "True Heirs Vault"? As?
    Yes, but first you need to solve a puzzle involving a riddle.

The voice files in question I'm complaining about is the disembodied voice that asks that the player reassemble the hammer and steal the Rotten Sun.

I'll have to admit - the "Old Man" voice files is something I don't even recall hearing.

But to those reading this that lent voice files to the puzzle involving the seven skulls - outstanding work! I enjoyed it so much I kept frobbing the skulls over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I'm not really good with the whole sound aspect of DromEd; what I did though is that all the VOs are set to volume -1 (which should be the louder if I remember correctly?) and all the ambient sounds besides are roughly set to -1500 to -4500. Maybe it's the other AIs sounds which are too loud?

@bjack Oh sorry if mixing other ambients with the tracks was a bad idea, I know very little about audio. The quality felt quite good still! I'm still surprised about how you nailed the impression I wanted the mission you have without me giving enough details

@McTaffer It's more likely to be my fault simply because the Old man bit is not even a conversation but two VOtraps! Surely it's my editing that is questionable.

@Unkillable Cat The Old man is the ghost you encounter in the attic, above the Justice shrine who has a small monolog before turning around. He is also below one of the doors who gives access to the rafters of the nave
    I'm quite impressed by the voice acting overall, thanks again guys

@Empyrium You need to solve the Old man puzzle near the library and then take his legacy to solve the puzzle that you will find below the Warm Embrace of the Tomb which is at the east if I remember well, past the library