TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Breathing Corpses (06 May 2017)

I found a statue with a coin offering bowl at its feet, but it won't frob. Is that normal?

And where do I use the skull of Alexandru?

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I found a statue with a coin offering bowl at its feet, but it won't frob. Is that normal?

And where do I use the skull of Alexandru?
    Oh that bowl used to contain a fire crystal, you probably picked it up and forgot about it.
    About the skull, you need to return it to Alex's tomb which is near Lud's vault. Just toss it in there

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchDecay View Post
    I'm not really good with the whole sound aspect of DromEd; what I did though is that all the VOs are set to volume -1 (which should be the louder if I remember correctly?) and all the ambient sounds besides are roughly set to -1500 to -4500. Maybe it's the other AIs sounds which are too loud?
    All of that sounds correct, but yes I believe the comments here indicated that the other zombie/creature sounds were what made the VOs hard to hear.

I'm really looking forward to playing this mission once I have the time!

Wow,

This is an absolutely gorgeous, brilliant and delightful mission. At the end one almost gets a feel for the zombies...

Is it too early to inquire about a lootlist? After about 4 hours of utterly enjoyable exploration I have 13814/14679 and 5/5 secrets, spent all but one of my mortuary coins, climbed to all (im)probable high locations including the crooked ladder, and activated each hammer tile I found.

Two more questions: (1) where is the "deviously hidden" Attic key? I have 9 keys and opened everything except that one metal door... and (2) does the movable "sturdy chair", in the small room between the ossuary and the stair to the morgue, serve any purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Wow,

This is an absolutely gorgeous, brilliant and delightful mission. At the end one almost gets a feel for the zombies...

Is it too early to inquire about a lootlist? After about 4 hours of utterly enjoyable exploration I have 13814/14679 and 5/5 secrets, spent all but one of my mortuary coins, climbed to all (im)probable high locations including the crooked ladder, and activated each hammer tile I found.

Two more questions: (1) where is the "deviously hidden" Attic key? I have 9 keys and opened everything except that one metal door... and (2) does the movable "sturdy chair", in the small room between the ossuary and the stair to the morgue, serve any purpose?
    Thanks a lot
    Ah the loot list, I've been delaying it a lot even during beta-test. I should get some free time to do one around thursday but I can't promise anything yet!
    Great job on finding most loot, about the Attic key, you will find it when going down the stairs on the right of the Justice shrine, when you get to the bottom, you'll see some sort of wooden cabinet with an arrow carved in it, look up and you'll be able to rope up to a small passage in which the key is waiting for you on a crate however, the key only opens the two doors from this passage, I don't know if it will open the door you are thinking about
    The sturdy chair was there just for Garrett to climb on it if the rope on the outside of the room it's in was too short

...About the Attic key...
    Thanks a bunch! I should have checked that arrow mark I passed a dozen times - and they were exactly the doors I hadn't been able to open before.

Going back to find some more loot...

Oh that bowl used to contain a fire crystal, you probably picked it up and forgot about it.
    About the skull, you need to return it to Alex's tomb which is near Lud's vault. Just toss it in there
    Oh right, lol. Thanks!

I've noticed that if you drop the ladder item in mid air, climb it and grab it again, you can "climb" in the air endlessly (technically fly)

Thanks a lot
    Ah the loot list, I've been delaying it a lot even during beta-test. ...
    Let me add my two cents ... in addition to a loot list, I'd love to see a list of various useful objects and their locations including the mortuary coins. I'm seeking one more coin so I can go check out the Glittering Grove.

Awesome mission!

- prjames Update: Thanks, FrenchDecay! Cute "compass" in the middle of the Glittering Grove!
    Last edited by prjames; 7th Apr 2017 at 22:54.

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Let me add my two cents ... in addition to a loot list, I'd love to see a list of various useful objects and their locations including the mortuary coins. I'm seeking one more coin so I can go check out the Glittering Grove.

Awesome mission!

- prjames
    This I can do!
    I'll paste it here and in the first post, these should be up to date Is there anything else you're hinting at when you say useful items?

Bowls

- One to spawn a boat; either east of the warm embrace, down the wooden bridge or down the large and deep room near the nave in the direction of the warm embrace (only one of the spot needs to be activated
    - One in the small room on the right when entering the warm embrace (with no roombrush and colorless textures)
    - One on the star-patterned tomb left when entering the forlorn tombs
    - Two in the room on the left when crossing the room with the shadow of the hammer, to reach Rotten Sun's shrine (hurray for teleport hub!)
    - Two in the secret room below Lud's vault, behind a panel that moves with the icon replica
    - Two in the room between Perrin's vault and the ossuary

Coins

- One in the hidden office in the funeral home (requires cabinet key)
    - One behind the secret door hidden behind the banner before the ossuary
    - One in the small alcove in the room with a chest and a pressure plate near Lud's vault; on the left of the door leading to the hall next to the library (with small windows)
    - One hidden in a small entrance between walls (alongside the dirty key) up the warm embrace of the tomb, in the place with pressure plates
    - One in a chest (opens with lockpicks) in the talismans' chests area
    - One in the money box lying on a coffin before the entrance of the warm embrace of the tombs, right past the small chapel
    - One in the money box in the tall pillars room, underneath the small room where you can find the ladder (right between the chapel and the library)
    - One in a chest (opens with lockpicks) on the right of Cenhelm's tombs, up the small staircase with a patrolling hammer
    - One in the secret hole up the ossuary (on the right once downstairs)

Elemental keys

Breathing key - can be found on the pedestal in the forlorn tombs, near the Rotten Sun
    Sweaty key - see the small room before the chapel near the library, grab the icon replica and go there, open the cabinet and use the icon on the tile to open a door at the bottom of the small bed-thingy and rope down to the casket all the way down. Watch your step though
    Dirty key - in the warm embrace of the tombs, spot the upper part of it (the one you can get to either by roping up to the door high up from the west, by the large stone beam crossing the whole place if you've come through the secret room or by the regular route), go to the place with many traps on the floor and crystals in bowls, in between two rooms is a narrow path to the key
    Melting key - in a brazier all the way down the wide room with two bridges crossing it, in between the nave and the library

Other keys :

Ossuary key - can be found in the morgue, past the red curtains while going downstairs, on the way to the Rotten Sun
    Quarters key - in the small room near Perrin's vault, up the stairs (lying on a chair) OR in a secret room near the Warm Embrace of the Tomb (the place with MANY caskets), past the library, behind a banner (you can get in through the door near a fire-head zombie, in the room with a hole in the ground) OR sometimes at the belt of gravewardens OR on the ground in a room near the vault of the One born without a face (go left from the Rotten Sun and again left and then down the many stairs)
    Nave key - in a secret room near the Warm Embrace of the Tomb, past the library, behind a banner (you can get in through the door near a fire-head zombie, in the room with a hole in the ground) OR in the library OR in a cabinet (funny) near a desk in some sort of office you access through a ladder, near the chapel in the same area as Cenhelm's tomb
    Key to the place unbeknowst - in a chest located far east, in the Warm Embrace of the Tombs, once you get to a wooden bridge with many caskets on the side of a wide room, rope up the gargoyle to a remote place high up
    Cabinet key - in a cabinet (funny) near a desk in some sort of office you access through a ladder, near the chapel in the same area as Cenhelm's tomb

@DarkMax I still love reading about this bug, I'll fix it but you taffers keep breaking the laws of physics
    Last edited by FrenchDecay; 5th Apr 2017 at 02:39. Reason: Added elemental keys

grats on release,also this is a great mission ,be sure when you in area with lots of caskets to look up :P

Regarding "Midnight"...

spoiler:
    It doesn't seem to work. I load it up and I'm just thrown into the "Running Interference" OM instead. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    Regarding "Midnight"...

spoiler:
    It doesn't seem to work. I load it up and I'm just thrown into the "Running Interference" OM instead. Suggestions?
    It's probably a "Dromed-only" FM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    It's probably a "Dromed-only" FM.
    No, it isn't.

Something must've gone wrong with the file. The last time I played it, it worked perfectly (without Dromed) and that was on the last beta file.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    Regarding "Midnight"...

spoiler:
    I found out what the problem is (I hope). Check Midnight's FM folder. You'll see another folder inside named 'EXTRA', which contains everything you need to play the mission. Just drag all of those files out of the EXTRA folder and put them in the Midnight FM folder.

That's weird, it seemed to work properly as H3H3 said and I haven't changed a thing in the files. All you should have to do is pull out the Midnight zip file out of the Extra folder

Late link due to a big upgrade over the weekend so been reinstalling windows and getting everything back up and running, but back now and link is up .

Update the link to taffers.

http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/thief2mission/T2FM-BreathingCorpses[MULTI][06May2017].zip
    Last edited by Lord Soth; 21st May 2017 at 15:09.

So I'm almost done, but I can't find the First Icon

Is there an intro video to this mission? I believe something happened to my thief 2 installation and I cannot see any FM intro (would like some help on this issue).
    Also stuck at the very beginning of the mission after killing the haunt, not knowing where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Is there an intro video to this mission? I believe something happened to my thief 2 installation and I cannot see any FM intro (would like some help on this issue).
    Also stuck at the very beginning of the mission after killing the haunt, not knowing where to go.
    You have to turn off the electricity to access the other building, the one that's barred with an electric field

As Azaran said, you need to turn off the electricity and rope up the small beam up the elevator shaft.
    By the way, there is an intro video to the mission. I know my version of the game plays videos only half the time, so maybe try to restart the game?

Restarted but no intro. Any idea what can i do

Restarted but no intro. Any idea what can i do
    Unfortunately I'm not good with technical issues, can someone else confirm if the FM cutscene plays as intended?
    Alternatively, if the issue is on your end you can always watch the cutscene from within the FM file and then play the mission. Does your game play the original intro when you click on it?
    Last edited by FrenchDecay; 5th Apr 2017 at 16:42.

I searched the folder with the zip FM files but i am not sure wich one is the mission