TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Breathing Corpses (06 May 2017)

Please update the thread title with new version number.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchDecay View Post
    Now that's what I call complete feedback
    Well, I wanted this posting to be some kind of constructive criticism instead of just a "mazes suck!" statement.

So to put it bluntly, map design, level layout, puzzle design and texts were the flaws?
    The main problem for me was that this all came together. I don't take situations well where I am lost without any sense of direction, concerning navigation and puzzles together. Every single of these two I can usually handle much better.

And of course, gnartsch's idea of frobbing everything etc. was less appealing to me when I discovered that many objects which can be used with something will eat my beloved Mortuary coins happily. (Note to myself: Get used to actually reading those info files before playing, dammit!)

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    I hope this has not been asked, if so then sorry. Anyway, there is a hall with a statue with a bowl in front of it that contains a fire arrow. At the end of the hall is a room to the left with a healing fountain and a room to the right with 2 caskets and a Zombie hiding place. I dispatched the zombie and frobbed the yellow wall and hear a click, but cannot figure out what it does. Does anyone know what that switch does, iif anything? Thanks!
    You probably found out one of the "ropes" of the mission, I have buttons scattered around that are used to trigger specific events. Typically, you shouldn't have to use any button at all except for the control panel in the small outpost right at the start
    Sorry for the late answer!

@baeuchlein Ahah well, I had a bunch of people rushing in the mission without reading about these coins disappearing if they are not used properly. But hey, what can I say I often rush as well anyway thanks for the feedback still!

Also, I don't know how to edit the thread title but I'll indicate it somewhere.
    EDIT : Nevermind I found it, but it was really confusing
    Last edited by FrenchDecay; 10th Apr 2017 at 03:25.

After many hours of play with the earlier version of the game, I decided to just download the newer fixed version and start over. My main problem with the older version was the “Library Book” bug, or at least what seemed like one to me. There are a number of places that require you to have read the Builder’s Scripture (or Word of the Builder, or something like that). In the first go around, I kept going back to the library and reading the scripture and getting the whooshing/chime holy water sound. No matter how many times I did this, I still could not get past the hammer shadow room. I could pass into all the other areas, but not the deep pit with a ladder and apparently no way out of that depressed room other than the way in. Would someone be so kind as to describe what the solution is for this room? I have only frobbed the holy book once in this new try and I hope that will not cause the problem. I figure something did not get triggered the first time. Maybe I have to read all of the highly walls too? I thought I did...

Well that was 2.5hrs of awesomeness. Found all the secrets but 1000 short on loot. Thank you for this great mission!

After many hours of play with the earlier version of the game, I decided to just download the newer fixed version and start over. My main problem with the older version was the “Library Book” bug, or at least what seemed like one to me. There are a number of places that require you to have read the Builder’s Scripture (or Word of the Builder, or something like that). In the first go around, I kept going back to the library and reading the scripture and getting the whooshing/chime holy water sound. No matter how many times I did this, I still could not get past the hammer shadow room. I could pass into all the other areas, but not the deep pit with a ladder and apparently no way out of that depressed room other than the way in. Would someone be so kind as to describe what the solution is for this room? I have only frobbed the holy book once in this new try and I hope that will not cause the problem. I figure something did not get triggered the first time. Maybe I have to read all of the highly walls too? I thought I did...
    I've never heard of such a problem before, but now that I think of it I never tried frobbing the holy book multiple times. Normally, you only have to frob it once and then you can cross the hammer shadow room and do whatever needs to be done in the deep pit room without problem. However, you mustn't try to get to its bottom, there's nothing down there Also there is no need to read the wall fresques, only the book matters

Even though it does sound like a bug, I think you're just being too safe...

I'll give you the solution : Once you frob the book, you are instantly able to cross the hammer shadow room. There is a platform in the middle of the room (which creates the shadow), it's just invisible. You aren't forced to read the book before jumping on it but it will be noisy and it will hurt you a lot!
    Reading the book removes these effects and allows you to cross safely. About the deep pit room, reading the book allows you to get the key on the pedestal without any problem

This should help you bjack!

@Spyrano Thanks a bunch for playing

Thanks FD. I was calling the shadow room “the deep pit room”. Look like you though I was talking about the room with the pedestal. No worries. Anyway, if I am reading this correctly, I can just jump only an invisible bridge in the shadow room instead of going down the ladder? I cannot see any form of bridge except for the one high above and outside that room - the one leading to the sun. At my current state of play I do not have the 2 things needed to deal with the sun, so I have not tried the shadow room again. I do have to say playing a second time is easier, since I sort of know the map very well. Even so, I still get lost here and there.

Thanks FD. I was calling the shadow room “the deep pit room”. Look like you though I was talking about the room with the pedestal. No worries. Anyway, if I am reading this correctly, I can just jump only an invisible bridge in the shadow room instead of going down the ladder? I cannot see any form of bridge except for the one high above and outside that room - the one leading to the sun. At my current state of play I do not have the 2 things needed to deal with the sun, so I have not tried the shadow room again. I do have to say playing a second time is easier, since I sort of know the map very well. Even so, I still get lost here and there.
    The ladder is there just so that you can come back up again, you will access the red flying bridge only after crossing the shadow room Hope this help

That is the problem. I was asking how to cross the shadow room. I decided to open up the older game and try jumping. That works. , so issue solved.

Also, for the old man puzzle and 3 sons I have saved just before putting the box on the pedestals and tried each one separately, but it does not matter which one I place it on. All I get is one gold ring. #1, 2, or 3 it does not matter. Is it supposed to be like that. You say the number 3 is the good son and if you put the box on the other two you get only a little loot. Well, #3 isn't any better, at least in my experience. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by bjack; 10th Apr 2017 at 18:48.

That is the problem. I was asking how to cross the shadow room. I decided to open up the older game and try jumping. That works. , so issue solved.

Also, for the old man puzzle and 3 sons I have saved just before putting the box on the pedestals and tried each one separately, but it does not matter which one I place it on. All I get is one gold ring. #1, 2, or 3 it does not matter. Is it supposed to be like that. You say the number 3 is the good son and if you put the box on the other two you get only a little loot. Well, #3 isn't any better, at least in my experience. Am I missing something?
    If you choose the first or the second son in the puzzle, the vault will open and the golden ring will be there, but it's worth 0 loot while the thrid son spawns a 1000-loot ring if my memory is correct

If you choose the first or the second son in the puzzle, the vault will open and the golden ring will be there, but it's worth 0 loot while the thrid son spawns a 1000-loot ring if my memory is correct
    It's just worth 500, but everything else is correct. The irritating thing here is that regardless of which son the player chooses, the voice always claims that "this was the right choice".

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    It's just worth 500, but everything else is correct. The irritating thing here is that regardless of which son the player chooses, the voice always claims that "this was the right choice".
    Yeah I can see how questionable this decision is, but what I intended was to prevent players from abusing quicksave/quickload and force them to reason it out

Now done, but must have "spent" a coin in the wrong place. I was one short at the end. I'll have to spin up the other "newer game" and try that again, just to see what I get for the last 2 coin puzzle near the hammer shadow. It is a buzz to hear myself in this game. Definitely a character voice, because my natural one is lower. A lot of fun doing it. I know I have said that before, but it really was fun doing these and even better seeing and hearing it applied to the game. I've done other spots, but this one is probably one of my favorites. I think the other VOs were great too. Not just read, but acted, as they should be.

good news about being short on coins=you can replay mission and have replay value,i personal think its a smart thing more fan mission authors should do ,so people can replay and see new stuff

Great mission this, one helluva maze though!

I've been to most places, but I'm a bit stuck now....

1. Where is the hammer head?

2. There is one door I cant open with any of my keys.

3 I found the large octagonal area where the hammer shaft is, but I can't find it again!!! Where is it?

4. How do I get to the stairs opposite the sun? I need to 'hear the words of the builder'. Where?

5. What does the sweaty key open?

Thanks.

I'll answer those out of order because it would make more sense.

3. Near the Warm Embrace of the Tomb (the area with caskets going up very high).

5. It opens a chest in that octagonal area (this is completely optional though).

4. You need to read a book in the library (it would make a holy sound). Afterwards, you can just jump onto the invisible hammer that casts a shadow over that room).

1. In the area that is now accessible after question 4

2. What door exactly?

@bjack don't forget to check out the coins location at the bottom of the original post, maybe you missed one!
    Also, I didn't think of it as something meant to make the mission replayable but I'm glad it has this effect

@frobbin hood About that door, if it's the one near the Covetous Carcass, then you can't go through unless you finished everything else

marbleman, FrenchDecay

Difficult to describe the door, but here goes:

Where the ghost overlooking the Nave talks to you, leave via the door with the leaning cabinet partially blocking the passage. At the end turn right through either of a pair of arches, then right again into a room where a haunt comes out of the wall. The door is round a corner at the end, with a few candles on the floor either side. Oh, just noticed, FrenchDecay, it is close to the Covetous Carcass!

Thanks, found the area where the Hammer shaft was again.

And, I had read that book - it helps you elsewhere, but couldn't work out how to stay up high. I'll give it a try.

Thanks very much for your help guys.
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 12th Apr 2017 at 12:53.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    marbleman, FrenchDecay

Difficult to describe the door, but here goes:

Where the ghost overlooking the Nave talks to you, leave via the door with the leaning cabinet partially blocking the passage. At the end turn right through either of a pair of arches, then right again into a room where a haunt comes out of the wall. The door is round a corner at the end, with a few candles on the floor either side. Oh, just noticed, FrenchDecay, it is close to the Covetous Carcass!

Thanks, found the area where the Hammed shaft was again.

And, I had read that book - it helps you elsewhere, but couldn't work out how to stay up high. I'll give it a try.

Thanks very much for your help guys.
    That's the door I was thinking about it will open by itself on time

And about that book, reading it allows you to get to the stairs on the other side of the Rotten Sun, but it requires a bit of a leap of faith

Ok finished now, thanks to your help!

Superb mission FrenchDecay. One of the best I have played in ages. Love these crypt based ones.
    Many thanks for all your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Ok finished now, thanks to your help!

Superb mission FrenchDecay. One of the best I have played in ages. Love these crypt based ones.
    Many thanks for all your hard work.
    Thanks a lot for playing! I'm really glad you had fun

That's the door I was thinking about it will open by itself on time

And about that book, reading it allows you to get to the stairs on the other side of the Rotten Sun, but it requires a bit of a leap of faith
    Actually that door does not open if you complete everything. I had all objectives done, had most of the loot, and the door remains locked for me. However, it could be that the “last coin issue” I had is keeping that door closed. And yes FD, I spent over an hour searching every hint for those coins. Each spot where they were supposed to be was a spot I had already collected one. I am not missing any coins. I must have spent one on somewhere foolish and did not restore back to an earlier place. Anyway, to end the game, I just went out the electric beamed protected door up top and walked to the gate from the beginning.

As for the talismans, I figured out one use but not the others.

Water acts like holy water on arrows.
    Fire is for? Mods fir arrows?
    Earth is for? Mods moss arrows?
    Air is for? Mods noisemakers?
    I guess I’ll have to equip different arrows and try it.

Actually that door does not open if you complete everything. I had all objectives done, had most of the loot, and the door remains locked for me. However, it could be that the “last coin issue” I had is keeping that door closed. And yes FD, I spent over an hour searching every hint for those coins. Each spot where they were supposed to be was a spot I had already collected one. I am not missing any coins. I must have spent one on somewhere foolish and did not restore back to an earlier place. Anyway, to end the game, I just went out the electric beamed protected door up top and walked to the gate from the beginning.

As for the talismans, I figured out one use but not the others.

Water acts like holy water on arrows.
    Fire is for? Mods fir arrows?
    Earth is for? Mods moss arrows?
    Air is for? Mods noisemakers?
    I guess I’ll have to equip different arrows and try it.
    There must have been a glitch then, which is sad because it feels boring to backtrack all the way back to the beginning. The second exit route had a fresh feeling to it when I created it.

As for the talismans, fire should be holy water but you made me doubt myself here, earth is slow fall, air is speed potion and water is invisible potion

There must have been a glitch then, which is sad because it feels boring to backtrack all the way back to the beginning. The second exit route had a fresh feeling to it when I created it.

As for the talismans, fire should be holy water but you made me doubt myself here, earth is slow fall, air is speed potion and water is invisible potion
    You must be right about that since you made the FM. I was "using" the talismans and only noticed my water arrows were now holy. I just assumed a particular talisman did that.

I'm about to try this all over on "intermediate" difficultly. Partly as an excuse to hear myself (I can just play the wav files alone for that...) and party to try a different tack.

Also, please note that the "not opening door" happened in the older version of the game that I downloaded about April, 02. The newer version, of which I am about to play again, may not have that issue. I have not hear anyone else having the problem.

Now get to work on a new FM! As always, I will be happy to lend a hand.

Replayed with the new (fixed?) version - and enjoyed every minute of it again

However, I found a glitch that, if reproducible, may be a new bug(?). In the secret room under Lud's Vault - with the bowls to enter the Glittering Grove - the skull at the end of the underground passage does not open the trapdoor above the ladder any more. It does make the slider sound, but the exit remains blocked. Feels like being buried alive...

BTW: does the "celebration apple" from the Glittering Grove serve any purpose, other than a regular one?

Any chance of a lootlist? Still missing 420, and it hurts...