TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Breathing Corpses (06 May 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    You must be right about that since you made the FM. I was "using" the talismans and only noticed my water arrows were now holy. I just assumed a particular talisman did that.

I'm about to try this all over on "intermediate" difficultly. Partly as an excuse to hear myself (I can just play the wav files alone for that...) and party to try a different tack.

Also, please note that the "not opening door" happened in the older version of the game that I downloaded about April, 02. The newer version, of which I am about to play again, may not have that issue. I have not hear anyone else having the problem.

Now get to work on a new FM! As always, I will be happy to lend a hand.
    I've noticed that several things tend to fail every now and then, I don't know if it's a DromEd-type of deal or if I'm not using it properly.
    I already have two projects building up right now so you should hear of me once again in the future!

@scamba Is there any chance that you already went on the other side and killed zombies? Maybe a body part is in the casket's way, if not then the game probably glitched again Luclily this just acts as a shortcut for ghoster so it's not gamebreaking. Wait the celebration apple is still in there?! I must have forgotten to save at some point because I remember deleting it. It acts as a speed potion so that's always one thing for you

I'll try to rush things and provide the loot list before the end of the day, I'll post an update when it'll be ready

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchDecay View Post
    Is there any chance that you already went on the other side and killed zombies? Maybe a body part is in the casket's way
    You're damn right! It did not occur to me that a zombie head can be heavy enough to block a half-ton sarcophagus... of course, nothing is broken there, please don't fix it!

The celebration apple is under a bush just behind the arrival cell in Glittering Grove, and it works perfectly.

Thank you once more for this stunning mission, it appears to be an inexhaustible source of fun and surprises...

Installed the mission with 1.24 newdark then quicksaved and later installed the 1.25 version. I got some crashes in game. Is it possible the 1.25 causing this?

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    You're damn right! It did not occur to me that a zombie head can be heavy enough to block a half-ton sarcophagus... of course, nothing is broken there, please don't fix it!

The celebration apple is under a bush just behind the arrival cell in Glittering Grove, and it works perfectly.

Thank you once more for this stunning mission, it appears to be an inexhaustible source of fun and surprises...
    Ahah well I thought for sure I made it so that the coffins don't run into that kind of trouble, my bad.
    The loot list is finally ready! Woohoo I almost went mad trying to come up with proper English to describe the location of everything and trying to find the last piece of loot that I missed
    Here's the link to the fabled loot list : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9A...ew?usp=sharing
    Thanks again for the awesome support

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Installed the mission with 1.24 newdark then quicksaved and later installed the 1.25 version. I got some crashes in game. Is it possible the 1.25 causing this?
    You may want to create a thread on that matter in Fan Mission, you'll get more attention there, once again I'm sorry but I'm no good with technical issues. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the newer version was to blame

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchDecay View Post
    Here's the link to the fabled loot list...
    !

@Kin: I don't know enough about NewDark versions, but continuing from a quicksave with a new game version typically means trouble... and this FM definitely deserves a restart!

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Most likely, yes. I think even one of the readme/documentation files of NewDark says something like, "if you upgrade to a newer version, restart any mission you're currently playing". I do not remember whether I already had crashes in such a case, but I definitely had messed up lighting once.

Depending on how far you already got in the mission, you should either restart it in v1.25, or go back to v1.24 temporarily.

Concerning csamba's problem with the zombie head: I discovered that even a skull without any skin left can cause this problem at exactly the same spot. But after oner or two minutes of thinking, I had the right idea about the problem and removed the skull I tossed around earlier.

FrenchDecay,

What a great mission!
    Fun and hard to complete. Couldn't have done it without some help on this forum.
    Thank you!

When I release the walkthrough, it will have a very detailed map. (Got my hands on Dungeon Painter Studio just for this reason!)

Like some of y'all, the maze thing really irritates. Give me a horde of undead any day, but a maze? Fuggedaboutit.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Cool program, but recreating a dromed level with it seems like it would be an arduous process. Wasn't there a program at one point that could take a snapshot in Dromed and create a basic map from that?

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Cool program, but recreating a dromed level with it seems like it would be an arduous process. Wasn't there a program at one point that could take a snapshot in Dromed and create a basic map from that?
    I've never heard of one. Besides, even if you filter out everything except the terrain brushes, you'd get a pretty sorry map, especially where the author used tons of brushes to represent organic terrain.

In the past, I'd put a snapshot of the Dromed screen into the bottom layer of CorelDraw and draw over it. Here's an example from Pukey Brunster's Morbid Curiosity:

While I'm fairly quick in CorelDraw, it is still tedious.

I finally finished this mission. I must have 15 hours of play. I started over 3 times and would have never completed with out getting hints form this board. It will make a great replay now that I made it through. Now that I think about it I never used all the coins. Maybe a good excuse to do it play again.

Southquarter.com/fms
    @Ricebug - I think this is what I was thinking of...

https://thief.starforge.co.uk/images...TutorialV2.pdf

Which is essentially what you were doing with CorelDraw.

After watching FenPhoenix's playthrough of this mission I decided to give it a try myself but I've run into a bump in the road. The mission loads fine but when I pick up the loot in the small cabin at the beginning Thief II crashes, anyone know what might've caused it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Taffer View Post
    After watching FenPhoenix's playthrough of this mission I decided to give it a try myself but I've run into a bump in the road. The mission loads fine but when I pick up the loot in the small cabin at the beginning Thief II crashes, anyone know what might've caused it?
    Email me your savegame and I'll have a lookie-see.

Playing heretic, so far I love it. And the magical ladder ist just magnificent... opening a plethora of possibilities, not all obvious at first I want Garrett to carry it with him ALL the time.

Yet still I am stuck on the last object:
    - where is the astral powder? I found a book telling a bit about it, but not much more.
    - has it anything to do with the broken vase and the identical rooms or ist this just hidden loot?

Quote Originally Posted by thief-outside-a-box View Post
    Where is the astral powder?
    Look for an upper wooden walkway, about 6 feet/2 meters wide. It runs north-south. Along the east and south walls are six coffins positioned up from the floor. Go south. At the end and to your left is a small room with a ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Email me your savegame and I'll have a lookie-see.
    I checked your saves and they work fine. No crashes. May have to slap some TafferPatcher on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Look for an upper wooden walkway, about 6 feet/2 meters wide. It runs north-south. Along the east and south walls are six coffins positioned up from the floor. Go south. At the end and to your left is a small room with a ladder.
    That did the trick.
    Sometimes, less protection is more.

I want to replay this mission, but this time i want to play it in French, is there any recommended way to apply the french version in a safer and quicker way? ive never used other languages besides english to play a mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    I want to replay this mission, but this time i want to play it in French, is there any recommended way to apply the french version in a safer and quicker way? ive never used other languages besides english to play a mission.
    The "safest" way is to rename all of the English folders and files to 'English.bak' or some other convention. Then, rename all of the French folders/files to English.

Thus, strings/French would be renamed strings/English. Crank up the game, and it will read from the newly-created 'English' folders.

I really don't know if this would work, but it should. There is probably a quicker, better way. I'd recommend copying the entire zip file to keep the original one safe. Then, when you're done, simply delete it so you don't have to reverse all of the name changes.

If one uses FM-Selector or NewDarkLoader, the easiest way to play in French would be to edit the DARKINST.CFG file in the NewDark folder. There should be a line beginning with "language" in there, and after a space, there should be a list of languages separated with the plus sign ("+"). They should be in order of preference. In most cases today, the line simply reads "language english". Change it to "language french+english", and Thief 2 should first try the French language for everything, and if it's not available, should try English then.

This should work for at least five languages, namely English, French, German, Spanish and Italian. Those were the five languages which old DarkLoader could handle, although DarkLoader did not use the "language" line in DARKINST.CFG, but instead allowed the player to choose among the languages found in the FM archive.

Sometimes, other languages like Russian, Polish etc. may also be used in the way described above, but AFAIK, there's no standard method to use them. Old DarkLoader's influence is still strong.

By the way, for Thief 1 with the NewDark patch, one has to look for the "language" line in INSTALL.CFG instead of DARKINST.CFG.

Thanks Terry and Baeuchlein, i playing Thief 1 in French, and i did the installation manually, i had to find all folder that says "English" and rename it to "French"

WOOHOO!!!

More Thiefy goodness!!!

Also, HELP! I'm on an FM download spree!

Thanks for all the effort!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    If one uses FM-Selector or NewDarkLoader, the easiest way to play in French would be to edit the DARKINST.CFG file in the NewDark folder. There should be a line beginning with "language" in there, and after a space, there should be a list of languages separated with the plus sign ("+"). They should be in order of preference. In most cases today, the line simply reads "language english". Change it to "language french+english", and Thief 2 should first try the French language for everything, and if it's not available, should try English then.
    I knew there was an easier way!