TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: T2 FM - Breathing Corpses (April 1st, 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    I checked your saves and they work fine. No crashes. May have to slap some TafferPatcher on it.
    So I applied TafferPatcher again, it's fixed some things like difficulty menus being out of alignment and missing objects but picking up any loot still causes a crash.

Edit: So I re-downloaded the mission after applying TafferPatcher again but still crashing when I pick up loot.
    Last edited by Jumping Taffer; 23rd Apr 2017 at 23:30. Reason: Update

When you ran TP, did you install Thief 2 into an empty folder? I always delete everything in the folder and THEN do the TP. Back up some config files, but nothing else. Old saves won't work either.

No, I thought that was only for those with a disk copy of the game. I have a digital copy from GOG, so do I just select that then?

Edit: Just redownloaded Thief II and it all works now.
    Last edited by Jumping Taffer; 24th Apr 2017 at 17:49.

I'm back after a week! Now I hope I'm not too late in that regard but if you need some support for the map, I think I remember Athalle telling me she made her own during her playthrough - I don't know for sure but maybe it could make things easier for you?
    On another note Ricebug changed the voice acting tracks so that it's easier to hear what is said, this is the only thing that was updated for now. This is only for the English version as I don't remember hearing back about low audio for the other languages.

Welcome back, Athalle made a map in French version?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Welcome back, Athalle made a map in French version?
    I just asked her about it. If there is one, it's most likely in French and I'd assume it's a handmade one. I'll keep you informed about it

The map Athalle made is handmade as I thought and can't be shared as it is right now. However, if this can help anyone (especially Ricebug, I don't know how far you went with the map) she says she can manage to finish it in one week roughly

WALKTHROUGH

Extensive maps are included. Perhaps the toughest I've done so far.

Really terrific mission!
    I loved the puzzles--hard enough to force thinking, but not too hard to solve.
    I found all of the secrets and all but 375 of the loot and did not have to seek help a single time.

Extremely imaginative mission structure. So much to do. A lot of backtracking but necessary and not onerous.
    Highly recommended!!

I'm in the teleport hub, how do I get to Arastris?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    I'm in the teleport hub, how do I get to Arastris?
    It's been a while but teleport to the sanctuary, it should be the room with an orange-glowing stone, go through the door and go onto the wooden bridge,
    you can rope down the corpse textures on the wall or drop down to the lower bridge (you'll take some damages), you need to go all the way down. You'll find the corpse standing up in the nearby hallway

Alternatively, you can teleport to the "Brass Tombs", go under the bridge and use a mortuary coin on the bowl in the room with water to spawn a boat that will go to the area down the tall bridges

thank you, FD - for the tip and for the mission!
    it was surprisingly expansive, with multiple clever puzzles and innovative features

Thanks! I hope you didn't get lost that much

Opening title sequence has first-rate art and narration. I've only recently returned to playing FMs after a 3 year hiatus (after burning myself out on Doom wads from the Doom community) so I'm going on a fresh install of Thief 2 and the latest TafferPatcher_TMA_218_beta patch and I'm noticing that the movies aren't playing at their proper aspect ratio and are elongated on my 16:9 Samsung SyncMaster 23" widescreen monitor. What are the proper settings in the ini/cfg files for optimum viewing of movies/cut scenes for widescreen with no cropping or wonky aspect ratios?

Here are some things we discovered when making The Drymian Codex which might help:

Note: If the movie is cropped (which it may be with default settings from Tafferpatcher), open cam_ext.cfg in a text editor (such as notepad) and find crop_movies. If there is no semicolon in front of it, add one to comment it out.

Note 2: The briefing is in widescreen, but NewDark will mush it horizontally to a 4:3 ratio when playing it in game. So it will fill the screen if you have Thief’s resolution set to a 4:3 resolution, but otherwise will be a little mushed and there will be space on either side. If the movie is instead getting cropped and some of it is cut off the screen, open up cam_ext.cfg and try setting ui_scale_mode 1 (instead of 2) and also perhaps scale_movie_to_ui.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Here are some things we discovered when making The Drymian Codex which might help:

Note: If the movie is cropped (which it may be with default settings from Tafferpatcher), open cam_ext.cfg in a text editor (such as notepad) and find crop_movies. If there is no semicolon in front of it, add one to comment it out.

Note 2: The briefing is in widescreen, but NewDark will mush it horizontally to a 4:3 ratio when playing it in game. So it will fill the screen if you have Thief’s resolution set to a 4:3 resolution, but otherwise will be a little mushed and there will be space on either side. If the movie is instead getting cropped and some of it is cut off the screen, open up cam_ext.cfg and try setting ui_scale_mode 1 (instead of 2) and also perhaps scale_movie_to_ui.
    Alas, it didn't work. I already had crop_movies commented out since I did notice before that movies had areas of texts or titles cropped off and this fixed it. 4:3 movies play fine, it's just widescreen movies (my Thief 2 resolution is set to 1920X1080, btw) that are a bit wonky. There does seem to be a lot of options in cam_exe.cfg for this but unless someone knows the exact setting that makes widescreen movies display properly without screwing up 4:3 movie aspect ratios too, I'll just live with it. The missions look fine in 16:9. Thanks anyway for your help.

You should ask in the Tafferpatcher thread also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    You should ask in the Tafferpatcher thread also.
    Thanks. I'll check it out. I need to bone up on all the latest Thief patches anyway since I've been on hiatus from playing it for 3 years.

Could someone make a walkthrough????????

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Gloria Creep,

A few posts ago (May 13th, 2017) Ricebug posted a walkthrough link. Even though I did the voice of the “guide”, I still needed some help here and there and Ricebug’s walkthrough helped. This is one of the last FM’s Ricebug created a walkthrough for. It’s a complicated map in some respects, but his walkthrough is pretty helpful. I’ve now played through the mission a few times, mostly to listen to myself It’s pretty challenging in parts, but replaying it and being familiar with the map, it becomes pretty easy - yet still fun.

bjack is right, here is the link http://www.bogadocious.com/thief/walks/2017/BC.zip
    I somehow forgot to add it under the walkthrough section of my first post and let it instead in the maps one, sorry about that I'll fix it right now

Quick message to mention that the last update seemed to have broken a few textures (somehow), this should be fixed now in version 23 March 2018. Mirror links will be updated soon!
    Please do not hesitate to report anything looking broken, preferably through PMs
    Sorry to bring this back up, have a great day guys

The date in the original post's title should be the release date of the mission, not the date of the latest update. I thought it was a brand new mission release and realized I had downloaded it a year ago.
    Last edited by klatremus; 24th Mar 2018 at 12:50.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    The date in the original post's title should be the release date of the mission, not the date of the latest update. I thought it was a brand new mission release and realized I had downloaded it a year ago.
    Sorry about that, I'll clarify it

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678