TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Breathing Corpses (06 May 2017)

T2 FM - Breathing Corpses (06 May 2017)

Hi taffers!
    I'm happy to announce that my second FM, Breathing Corpses is finished and ready to be played. This is a rather long fan mission with undead, old tombs and hammerites; I drew inspiration from Bonehoard and Return to the Cathedral. Make sure to read the mission's description thoroughly before you jump right in, as you may miss something important. Have fun!

This fan mission is rather large, so as gnartsch suggested you'd better write down notes of whatever seems peculiar to you, in order to prevent too much backtracking!

Download link :
    My Google Drive Breathing Corpses https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9A...ew?usp=sharing
    Lord Soth mirror Breathing Corpses http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/thief2mission/T2FM-BreathingCorpses[MULTI][06May2017].zip
    OUTDATEDclearing mirror Breathing Corpses http://95.31.27.16/fan-missions/thief2/breathing_corpses/T2FM-BreathingCorpses[MULTI][07April2017].zip

I'll ask for mirror links to be updated when I will be sure that everything that I could fix is fixed

06 May 2017 - changelog :
    - Thanks to Ricebug, the different pieces of voice acting are much clearer now (thanks again Terry! )
    - The nave was rearranged as to prevent any disturbance when the voice acting plays.
    - An item (celebration apple) which was not supposed to be in the released version was not properly deleted, this is now fixed.
    - Different texture errors were fixed (thanks to Terry, Unna Oertdottir...)

Let's play by FenPhoenix :
    https://youtu.be/j8hbL0xGP48?list=PL...qupbPTlMEvRxO2

Walkthrough :
    French and soon English walkthrough (many thanks to Athalle and Ricebug) :
    http://ladyjo1.free.fr/thief/spip.php?article2050
    Stay tuned for English walkthrough

In-depth maps by Ricebug :
    http://www.bogadocious.com/thief/walks/2017/BC.zip

Screenshots (spoiler-free) :

Loot list :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9A...ew?usp=sharing
    Small disclaimer : There may be some quirky English in there, if someone spots some mistakes on my end and wants to fix them, feel free to send it to me

Here is a link to my previous FM, in case you missed it and feel like giving it a shot :
    Iron Heart : http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146541

Anyone who wishes to upload a mirror, feel free to do so and send me the link
    If you notice anything wrong with the FM, please tell me right away and I'll make sure to fix any bug
    As for Iron Heart, this FM contains no music files that would get you in trouble with Youtube

Many thanks to everyone who participated by either translating or beta-testing the mission
    I also forgot to mention, thanks a bunch to shadowbox for contacting me and offering to translate the mission!

Spoilers :

Bowls

- One to spawn a boat; either east of the warm embrace, down the wooden bridge or down the large and deep room near the nave in the direction of the warm embrace (only one of the spot needs to be activated
    - One in the small room on the right when entering the warm embrace (with no roombrush and colorless textures)
    - One on the star-patterned tomb left when entering the forlorn tombs
    - Two in the room on the left when crossing the room with the shadow of the hammer, to reach Rotten Sun's shrine (hurray for teleport hub!)
    - Two in the secret room below Lud's vault, behind a panel that moves with the icon replica
    - Two in the room between Perrin's vault and the ossuary

Coins

- One in the hidden office in the funeral home (requires cabinet key)
    - One behind the secret door hidden behind the banner before the ossuary
    - One in the small alcove in the room with a chest and a pressure plate near Lud's vault; on the left of the door leading to the hall next to the library (with small windows)
    - One hidden in a small entrance between walls (alongside the dirty key) up the warm embrace of the tomb, in the place with pressure plates
    - One in a chest (opens with lockpicks) in the talismans' chests area
    - One in the money box lying on a coffin before the entrance of the warm embrace of the tombs, right past the small chapel
    - One in the money box in the tall pillars room, underneath the small room where you can find the ladder (right between the chapel and the library)
    - One in a chest (opens with lockpicks) on the right of Cenhelm's tombs, up the small staircase with a patrolling hammer
    - One in the secret hole up the ossuary (on the right once downstairs)

Elemental keys

Breathing key - can be found on the pedestal in the forlorn tombs, near the Rotten Sun
    Sweaty key - see the small room before the chapel near the library, grab the icon replica and go there, open the cabinet and use the icon on the tile to open a door at the bottom of the small bed-thingy and rope down to the casket all the way down. Watch your step though
    Dirty key - in the warm embrace of the tombs, spot the upper part of it (the one you can get to either by roping up to the door high up from the west, by the large stone beam crossing the whole place if you've come through the secret room or by the regular route), go to the place with many traps on the floor and crystals in bowls, in between two rooms is a narrow path to the key
    Melting key - in a brazier all the way down the wide room with two bridges crossing it, in between the nave and the library

Miscellaneous keys

Ossuary key - can be found in the morgue, past the red curtains while going downstairs, on the way to the Rotten Sun
    Quarters key - in the small room near Perrin's vault, up the stairs (lying on a chair) OR in a secret room near the Warm Embrace of the Tomb (the place with MANY caskets), past the library, behind a banner (you can get in through the door near a fire-head zombie, in the room with a hole in the ground) OR sometimes at the belt of gravewardens OR on the ground in a room near the vault of the One born without a face (go left from the Rotten Sun and again left and then down the many stairs)
    Nave key - in a secret room near the Warm Embrace of the Tomb, past the library, behind a banner (you can get in through the door near a fire-head zombie, in the room with a hole in the ground) OR in the library OR in a cabinet (funny) near a desk in some sort of office you access through a ladder, near the chapel in the same area as Cenhelm's tomb
    Key to the place unbeknowst - in a chest located far east, in the Warm Embrace of the Tombs, once you get to a wooden bridge with many caskets on the side of a wide room, rope up the gargoyle to a remote place high up
    Cabinet key - in a cabinet (funny) near a desk in some sort of office you access through a ladder, near the chapel in the same area as Cenhelm's tomb

Thanks to Overmann, MoroseTroll, fortuni, Athalle, Zappenduster, Azaran, Marbleman and H3H3, the mission is available in German/Italian/Russian/French and English of course (thanks again for your work on such short notice).
    Unfortunately, Italian and Russian versions do not have their respective voice acting, so I kept the English voice acting by default; do not worry though as McTaffer and bjack, which are the main voice actors, speak clearly and are easy to understand
    The intro cutscene is in English only.

For a final note, any one is free to use any of the modified resources from any of my fan missions! I do not own anything
    Last edited by FrenchDecay; 23rd May 2017 at 08:58. Reason: Updated mirror

I was in the mood to play a thief fan mission but I wasn't sure what to go for. This came at a perfect time. Congrats on release! I really enjoyed Iron Heart so I'll just dive right into this one

Ah yes!

Welcome, taffers, to Bonehoard on Steriods!
    This is an absolutely awesome mission for those who like exploring ancient crypts full of undead.
    The use of mostly stock textures coupled with some very bizarre architecture makes it feel like a level made by LGS. No joke.
    Just make sure to read everything you find carefully

Nice, just in time for the weekend, and congrats on the release FrenchDecay!

Another Bonehoard-ish mission. We crypt lovers are taking over!

Thank you downloading now!!!!

Wohoo, it looks like another bonehoard mission! Downloading right now.

Finished! Took me 2 and a half hours and got ~14K Loot. I'm speechless. This was a true masterpiece. I especially loved the use of Thief 1 OST and stock textures. Was perfect.
    One thing i'm curious about though What was with that "number 6" in the Iron City/Lava area? Got me curious

Congratulations on the release!

Quote Originally Posted by InfinituS View Post
    Finished! Took me 2 and a half hours and got ~14K Loot. I'm speechless. This was a true masterpiece. I especially loved the use of Thief 1 OST and stock textures. Was perfect.
    One thing i'm curious about though What was with that "number 6" in the Iron City/Lava area? Got me curious
    You may want to have a look at the FM folder for this

Other than that, thanks a bunch for playing, and thanks to the other players too!

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchDecay View Post
    You may want to have a look at the FM folder for this

Other than that, thanks a bunch for playing, and thanks to the other players too!
    Sneaky Reminded me of Deceptive Perception.

Aw yeah, here we go

This mission is great! Before I proceed further by retreiving the fiery item on the steel hammer for the hammerite ghost in the nave (because he will lock up the doors afterwards) , I would like to kindly request some vague spoilers. Until now, I found 11.500 loot, solved many riddles and found some secrets. There are some items mentioned:

# 1 Where is the rosary bead? According to the notes it should be near the heart of the deceased hammerite high priest.

# 2 I found the Hammer Stem - where is the hammer head located?

# 3 For which door is the "key to a strange place" for? I canīt find the matching door.

# 4 I have found two goblets until now. What do I do with these?

# 5 There is another riddle containing the three brothers and their father. I assume I have to put a special item on the correct pedestal, is this correct? If not, how do I solve the puzzle?
    Last edited by Thinking Robot; 2nd Apr 2017 at 06:33. Reason: Added Numbers for my questions

I was just checking the forum to see today's posts and what a great surprise. Thanks FrenchDecay.

Thinking Robot:

Regarding first and third item:
    spoiler:
    Look for the hammer symbols the dead thieves mention. Eventually you'll uncover a door, the key you have unlocks it and that's where you find the Rosary.

Regarding the fourth item:
    spoiler:
    A lot of pedestals in this FM take specific items. Take a look around and see if you can't find a place where two goblets would be in the right place.

I'm stuck as well on the other two items.

In addition to the above I'm trying to work out the following:

spoiler:
    #I have a Dirty Key, a Sweaty Key and a Breathing Key, but no idea where to use them.

# There are four chests in the large hall where the Hammer Haft is located that I can't open.

# How do I cross the room where the Hammer shadow is on the floor?

# There's a open tomb in the Ossuary that I can't reach (I get the feeling that I shouldn't have taken the Golden Skull underneath). Is there something in there?

Answers to some of the questions above (spoilers, obviously):

Thinking Robot
    Q: I found the Hammer Stem - where is the hammer head located?
    A: In the area past the Shrine of the Rotten Sun

Q: There is another riddle containing the three brothers and their father. I assume I have to put a special item on the correct pedestal, is this correct? If not, how do I solve the puzzle?
    A: Yes, it is correct.

Unkillable Cat
    Q: I have a Dirty Key, a Sweaty Key and a Breathing Key, but no idea where to use them.
    There are four chests in the large hall where the Hammer Haft is located that I can't open.

A: These keys should open those chests.

Q: How do I cross the room where the Hammer shadow is on the floor?
    A: Have you been to the library and read a "special" book?

Q: There's a open tomb in the Ossuary that I can't reach (I get the feeling that I shouldn't have taken the Golden Skull underneath). Is there something in there?
    A: You can rope up the pink texture.

I almost finished mission.I have 2 problems:

Three brothers riddle.Where can i find food and wood?
    I found 3 pedestals with "how heavy" description.What is all about?

Thanks for the answers, but...

spoiler:
    Yes I've have been to the library and read the words of the Builder, but I still can't cross the room. I have the Rosary and the Hand of the Saint as well. Am I missing something, or could this be a bug?

EDIT: Figured it out. Forgot that old trick.

The keys did open the chests - I tried using all three keys on just one of the chests...the one that requires the fourth key, of course.

EDIT: Disregard the face part.

I may have discovered a bug - You can use Mortuary Coins on "the Saint" and he just gobbles them up.
    Last edited by Unkillable Cat; 1st Apr 2017 at 21:07.

Zaratul:

1st problem:
    spoiler:
    You're thinking this one wrong. You need to find one item and place it on the correct pedestal.

2nd problem:
    spoiler:
    The pedestals in the room are weights. Try placing something heavy on them.

I just wanted to mention that when I received the objective to reassemble the hammer.

The new objective chime did not show until I opened the chest across from Carcass's vault.

Congratulations on the release FD

I'm not to keen on zombies, but I'm looking forward to playing this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    I may have discovered a bug - You can use Mortuary Coins on "the Saint" and he just gobbles them up.
    The coins may also vanish when used on doors or chests.

Furthermore, something with the "kill 30 enemies" objective isn't right - it ticks off when far less than 30 have fallen victim to me.

corpse0.str and corpse1.str only exist in the german and italian translations. Are these just leftovers?

Some sound files (e.g., EvHaLa0.wav and EvHaLa1.wav) exist in more folders than necessary.

Awesome mission, definitely a permanent keeper and will be replaying in the near future.

Saint Difficulty
    Found 12884 Loot out of 14679
    Secrets Found: 2 out of 5

Didn't use the forums to find stuff so it took a little longer to complete than I initially anticipated. The winding and inter-connection level design is great and definitely takes more time than usual to memorize it. Great work FrenchDecay!
    Last edited by Corsair; 1st Apr 2017 at 23:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking Robot View Post
    This mission is great! Before I proceed further by retreiving the fiery item on the steel hammer for the hammerite ghost in the nave (because he will lock up the doors afterwards) , I would like to kindly request some vague spoilers. Until now, I found 11.500 loot, solved many riddles and found some secrets. There are some items mentioned:

Where is the rosary bead? According to the notes it should be near the heart of the deceased hammerite high priest.

I found the Hammer Stem - where is the hammer head located?

For which door is the "key to a strange place" for? I canīt find the matching door.

I have found two goblets until now. What do I do with these?

There is another riddle containing the three brothers and their father. I assume I have to put a special item on the correct pedestal, is this correct? If not, how do I solve the puzzle?
    Wow so many questions everywhere! I'll try to answer all of them in here, even though Marbleman did a great job guiding all you taffers

Vague spoilers :
    Rosary bead + key to the place unbeknowst (aka strange place) : You will need to investigate the room with an arch right before the funeral home. Check the room thoroughly
    To find the place to use the goblet, you'll have to pay attention to the surroundings and find a place where two pedestals are waiting for something; try looking for hints in the decoration of some rooms maybe
    The hammer head is located in the room on the right, high up once you get past the Rotten Sun and the room with the hammer shadow.
    To get past the room with the hammer, you will need to go read some grave wardens' books in order to know how to get past their "security"
    About the 3 brothers' puzzle, you only need one item that you will have to place on the pedestal of the good son; remember that you need to find which son is worthy of the legacy, you are not trying to reenact the scene from the book
    The Justice shrine contains a puzzle with three pedestals : this is the only puzzle who doesn't require specific items, anything having weights can be used; for all other puzzles, the items will stick to the pedestals automatically.
    Last but not least, keys with odd names are meant to be used on the chests you will find past the Warm Embrace of the Tombs, in the same room where you will find the hammer haft

Full spoilers :
    Rosary bead : You will find the Rosary bead in the room right before the funeral home, look behind a pillar on the left and use the hammer replica on the slab to unlock a passage to a door on the ground, there you will need to use the key to a strange place!
    The goblets go on the pedestals you'll find in Lud's vault, near the start (see the goblet texture on the wall), if you come from farther down the tombs you can rope up some beams.
    The hammer head is in a room on the top right corner once you get past the Rotten Sun's room and the room with a hammer shadow,
    stand at the bottom of the stairs and rope up the gargoyle on the right.
    To get past the hammer, you need to jump there and time it well in order to get to where the shadow is, it's cast by an invisible hammer icon floating in the middle of the room. You need to read a book from the library in order to go unnoticed and unhurt (listen for the holy water effect to know you're good to go).
    For the 3 sons' puzzle, here is the solution. You will need to obtain the Old Man legacy (to do that, mirror the rooms near the chapel behind the library, theirs doors open once you meet the old man in the room near the Nave, up from the Justice shrine). You will need to use the legacy on the correct pedestal. The third son is the good son.
    Justice shrine's puzzle can be solved with pretty much anything, just put a skull or two on the old man pedestal, parts of the statue you can find in the attic or the nave on the middle pedestal and a body along with you or parts of the statues of the heavy hammer from the grave warden room you encounter when dropping down from Lud's vault (requires quarters' key)

About these bugs : Unfortunately I don't think I can fix the coins being wasted when used on other items, the dead are greedy I guess but can you tell me if you've done anything specific for the "kill 30 enemies?" such as maybe hitting zombies enough so that they lay on the ground? It does qualify as a kill even if they don't explode I think
    These .str files are leftovers who've escaped my attention, I'll remove them in a later upload
    Ravenus, where were you and what were you doing at that moment? Did you hear the icon speaking to you?

Thanks everyone for the reception too I can see that H3H3 was getting impatient too ahah