TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Lost Places Contest

Southquarter.com/fms

Announcement: Lost Places Contest

The theme for this contest is “Lost Places.”

The idea is to create a mission that takes place away from the civilized areas of the world. The setting should involve something remote and abandoned, typically run down and deteriorating, and not easily accessible. Places where the original inhabitants are long gone (but others may have taken their place). Examples might include:

• Ancient temples
    • Exotic ruins
    • Lost cities
    • Deserted castles
    • Abandoned factories/warehouses
    • Neglected tombs/crypts
    • Vacated villages

And so on!

Time Period: Today (April 4th) to August 31st (about 5 months)

Open to: All variants of Thief. This includes Thief 1, Thief Gold, Thief 2, Thief Deadly Shadows, and The Dark Mod.

Voting: We’ll decide on voting closer to the deadline, but I’m sure it will be similar to what’s been done in the past, with a poll on TTLG.

Restrictions: There are no restrictions on size or use of custom content.

If possible, send me a PM and let me know if you intend to enter the contest. When done, send me a link to your mission and I will host it on Southquarter.

Good luck to all!

Edit: Late addition to the rules - you are allowed to build your mission off of work done prior to the start of the contest. This would likely be in the form of an old/abandoned mission that was never finished. You cannot however use any completed missions (such as an OM or FM) as a base.
    Last edited by Brethren; 5th Apr 2017 at 10:00.

OH SNAPPPPP!!! YES!!! (not going to participate, myself, but can't wait to see the content this generates. Yep, I'm a freeloader.)

Lovely-jubbly! I really hope we get good missions out of this. Don't mess it up, guys.
    Last edited by H3H3; 4th Apr 2017 at 12:08.

Eventually I will not participate. Best time for dromeding (autumn, winter) is over. It's ridiculous that picking a topic for a contest took 4 months.

good luck to all fan mission authors ,we all looking forward to results

and yes dewdrop is part of lost civ's and they even had dogs back then :P

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurhhan View Post
    Best time for dromeding (autumn, winter) is over. It's ridiculous that picking a topic for a contest took 4 months.
    What's with the attitude? I don't remember any mention from you or anyone else in the contest thread about deciding a theme by a certain time period or for the "best time for dromeding." Given that, it's a fairly ridiculous complaint.

What I did do though was provide a nice long building period (5 months). So if you can't carve out some time within a half year, it probably wasn't going to happen for you anyway.

Love the theme the mission that come out of this should be good.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I'm going to do my best to participate, but I won't be starting until DCE is released so I may likely miss the deadline, but I'll keep working on it and release it eventually no matter what. Mainly because my mission will be based on an abandoned mission by a beloved FM author who has given me permission to use it, and it deserves to see the light of day.

Just for clarification's sake: do you have to build the mission from scratch?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    No, Brethren said in the TEG post that you can start from an abandoned base, it just can't be a previously released FM or an OM.

Excellent! It will be very exciting to play missions for this contest, as I am quite the fan of this environmental theme. I've been wanting to do something worthwhile in DromEd for a while now. This may be a good opportunity for me to finally get creative.

Excellent! Very happy to read this - "lost places" are my favourite environments to explore. Thanks downwinder for the initial thread and Brethren for getting the contest going Good luck to all authors I look forwarding to playing!

i personally want to thank all the fan mission authors you are all so important

also i seen on youtube Christine released a system shock mission based on a thief fan mission i hope she will be doing a mission for this contest as she has the best sweets in all fan missions,also a big fan of her cigarettes in missions,and her snow is second to none

so many other authors i hope make one also,and would even be cool if some are short for time to team up with someone else to make one

and don't forget to add dewdrop in missions :P

only thing i wish was it was only for t1/gold,2 engine,but t3 levels could be used on t2 newdark as i really enjoyed the missions so far brethren mission was great t2 convertion

also yandros what is dce again i hope a t1/gold,2 mission/s as you make amazing missions too

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    No, Brethren said in the TEG post that you can start from an abandoned base, it just can't be a previously released FM or an OM.
    It seems I missed that piece of info. Anyways, that's great to hear. I have a tiny abandoned outdoor area which I will probably use as a starting point then.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    @downwinder:
    http://www.wearytaffer.com/?m=dce
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PErmV0ghWaA

It's for T2. I don't do missions for anything else.
    Last edited by Yandros; 5th Apr 2017 at 09:37.

omg that video yandros is amazing ,words cant even describe how cool it is

just hoping you have a nice fire somewhere in mission so i can warm up a bit

Thank you, Brethren.

Already got a nice idea for this... I'm definitely in!

What nickie said!
    We really appreciate the effort that goes into setting up these contests. You have hosted more than your share of these, and once again you've stepped up to the plate.
    Regardless of how long it took to reach a theme, we look forward to another cracking contest.
    Thanks a million!

Last edited by Purgator; 5th Apr 2017 at 18:54.

Spot on, Chris.

i hope someone does a journey to the center of the earth to uncover the lost civilization of the kershok

also purgator i still got the dewdrop/dog poster you made

I've been bored lately so maybe I'll try my hand at this contest to give me something to do

I'm not guaranteeing anything but I might have a few ideas of what to make.

also would be cool if once a month each author making a mission drop a single screenshot with no context to get our mouths watering so one i may,June and July then in august they will be released and please no screens of secrets/anything to help a person in mission when it comes out,just a single scenic shot once a month

I know this is not a "taking requests" kind of contest. But I was hoping that these lost places could have enemies that aren't zombies. They're starting to become rather... blah. The Thief universe has other creatures besides the infamous undead. So... anyone here considering something else as foes? The Kurshok lost civilization idea was intriguing, for example

Desperately dodgy geezer
    What about a mission entirely populated by giant, rabid Dewdrops who wield flaming swords?