TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Deus Ex 1: Heavy Weapons Run!

Deus Ex 1: Heavy Weapons Run!

I usually carry one heavy weapon (the GEP gun), occasionally two (the flamethrower is awesome), this time I decided to go whole hog and carry three! Who needs all that inventory space, anyway? Now everything I've got is on the utility belt, lol. ...Honestly I wouldn't miss the plasma rifle if I just dropped it, though, man that thing is kind of useless.

Somebody found a bug in the plasma rifle code that kind of nerfs it in single player. I suspect that the major mods have fixed it, because I played Revision and GMDX last year and the plasma rifle seemed more effective than what I remembered. It's still not powerful enough to justify the inventory space it requires, but it's an OK middle distance weapon in a heavy-only build like yours. With master heavy weapons skill you can even snipe with it against stationary targets, to save rockets. I usually don't bother with it because it's just boring to use. Especially when your other weapons are the flamethrower and GEP.

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    GMDX.

It's still not powerful enough to justify the inventory space it requires
    Absolutely. The heavies took a ridiculous amount of space. Just not worth it barring the GEP. This is addressed in v9.

Still the largest weapons inventory-wise, but it's just more sensible.

Hmm, may need to downscale the icons by like 5% more.