TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 214

Thread: Being immigrated in France what can happen to me if Marine Le Pen wins the elections

  1. #26
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    who is putkin
    sorry i meant Putin, even though you knew already who i was talking about.
    Last edited by Cardia; 17th Apr 2017 at 17:30.

  2. #27
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Starker that's an excellent video, i loved it!

  3. #28
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Cologne
    Yeah, John Oliver was a failure on Community but as a political commentator he's quite excellent.

  4. #29
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2010
    Location: A Former Orange Grove
    I agree that John Oliver is much funnier in his current gig than before. I disagree with some of his conclusions, well, a lot of his conclusions, but I see it all as comedy. He does not offend me in the least. One of the few that I will watch and have a good time doing it. In the same light, I cannot stand many of Alec Baldwin's views, but I do appreciate some of his comedy. And I do respect his talent a lot. Some may have an issue with calling what he does as "talent", but it is. Anyway, carry on...

  5. #30
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Hey, Krush! Check out my nuts. That's you swinging on them!
    What does this childish shit even mean...?

  6. #31
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    There's two kinds of arguments, and they should be met in kind.
    There's a logical argument, which should be met with another logical argument.
    Then there's a troll swipe, which should be met with another troll swipe.
    Internet 101, really.

  7. #32
    There's only one reasonable choice in the four main contender and he's painted as a crazy red commie psycho. All the old guard and the media promoted their agenda and their darling candidate more blatantly then ever before to preserve the broken statu quo, with the Front National all too happy to push the right buttons to help them.

    I haven't lost hope, but we're probably fucked.

  8. #33
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2005
    Thanks to an impeccably timed terrorist attack, Fillon might just win after all... Yay for another president despised by 80% of the population. Mélenchon would be so much better, just so he could be exposed for the liar and fraud that he is...

  9. #34
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    It is looking like a Macron / Le Pen final.

  10. #35
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Yes, and all indicates that Macron will win the 2º Round.

  11. #36
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: Lille, France
    Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    who is putkin
    Just a good mix with the french word p*te and kin !

    And I'm safe too (my parents are not french) : Macron will be president.

  12. #37
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: The Land of Make Believe
    As I thought/hoped it would be, it's very much looking like the best candidate will face off against the worst. And you would think that Le Pen canot complete the Brexit/Trump hat-trick.

  13. #38
    Still Subjective
    Registered: Dec 1999
    Location: Idiocy will never die
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    Yeah, John Oliver was a failure on Community but as a political commentator he's quite excellent.
    He was great in Community you luddite.

    Le Pen will win.

    It's the Age of Idiocy.

  14. #39
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Le Pen is like 25 points behind. This isn't like Trump or Brexit where commentators were over-optimistic despite polling within the margin of error.

  15. #40
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    That will change in the next two weeks.

  16. #41
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    That will change in the next two weeks.
    Quoted for posterity.

  17. #42
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2011
    Location: Montpellier, France
    Doubt she'll win unless a miracle happens. In France there is this so-called "front républicain" where pretty much every party agrees to vote for the non-Front National party in the second turn in case it qualifies. That's what happened in 2002 with Jean-Marie Le Pen against Jacques Chirac and this is what will happen this time as well unless Macron truly royally screws up somehow. As much as I dislike the Front National, I find this practice rather disgusting. It just allows the two main parties to continue to rule and trade places when they want, and part of the people are completely fed up with the regular parties as tonight showed. The Socialist Party crashed spectacularly and Les Républicains will probably explode thanks to internal strife and just because most of them are complete crooks. The Socialist Party is the current ruling party here too.

    Also, Macron is almost guaranteed to win. The guy is a pure invention of the media; he is where he is now thanks to the media who have hyped him like crazy ever since he became Minister, just because he's young and handsome, forgetting that his results are catastrophic and that he comes from the most unpopular government of the Fifth Republic. The media really is partisan to Macron and it's quite laughable to see. I'm sure Mélenchon lost tonight because they kept painting him as an insane, dangerous commie and endlessly singing the praises of Macron who's an ultra-liberal (in the economic sense), who comes from the banks and most importantly who doesn't have the guts to carry the country. But hey, at least the Socialist Party and Les Républicains have been defeated and we have a real, traditional, no-bullshit Left party that has the majority now. Interesting times ahead despite the outcome.

  18. #43
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan_Key View Post
    Just a good mix with the french word p*te and kin !

    And I'm safe too (my parents are not french) : Macron will be president.
    Yes, i guess i can also say i´m safe, even knowing the Most of the people here in Saint Gobain and some villages around voted in Marie Lu Pen.

  19. #44
    Classical Master 2008
    Registered: Jun 2002
    Location: Civitas Quinque Ecclesiae HU
    Rien.

  20. #45
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    And the funny/revolting thing is that alot of immigrants of second generation including many Portuguese people have voted in Marine Le Pen.
    Last edited by Cardia; 24th Apr 2017 at 12:59.

  21. #46
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2001
    Location: the Sheeple Pen
    Is that some sort of a wordplay that I don't get? It's Marine Le Pen.

  22. #47
    Meanwhile, US reporting is hilariously biased and dumbed down. Bloomberg is reporting "centrist Macron poised to win"...which doesn't accurately describe Macron (he's left of establishment favored candidates) or what is actually going on.

    The real significance is being missed out on: the center is being squeezed out by the left right, not entirely unexpectedly as radicalization is a symptom of economic decline.

    It's probably for the best. This means France can have an honest ideological argument about what direction to go in rather than more sophomoric ado about nothing.

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    And the funny/revolting thing is that alot of immigrants of first and second generation including many Portuguese people have voted in Marie Lu Pen.
    You wouldn't be surprised if you actually understood the Muslim culture rather than just making the incredibly racist assumption that all immigrants are exactly the same.....not that anyone who isn't from there truly does, but I like to think that living there gave me a leg up in that regard.

    A lot of those first and generation immigrants were ones fleeing the radicalization of the Middle East and Africa that occurred as a result of Reagan's foreign policy. The reason they aren't happy about what's happening is that the same wacky, literalist bible interpretation they fled is now following them over.


    Disclaimer that I am mostly summarizing things told to me by people like our team's interpreter. You'd be amazed how much many of the expats detest and despise the people in the countries they're from.
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 24th Apr 2017 at 09:02.

  24. #49

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    . Bloomberg is reporting "centrist Macron poised to win"...which doesn't accurately describe Macron (he's left of establishment favored candidates) or what is actually going on.
    Macron is center right, as are all the so called "Socialists" too happy to flock and support him now, abandoning all pretense of being left.

    What's left of the PS was nuked by Mélenchon, which is good, though we wouldn't be there today if they had had the good sense to quit the race when it was clear they were on the path of a historic rejection. But ok, I'm bitter but I respect the results.

    The choice is now between someone who wants to destroy the EU in one or a few fell swoops, or someone who's going to follow the same doomed policies that are slowly destroying it from within and just delay the inevitable collapse.

    Bonus points to the latter for celebrating like he's already won the thing, there's still one round to go and if there was ever a time to not be fucking complacent, it would be now.

    For fuck's sake.

    The only hope left is to get some leverage in the Legislatives to try and mitigate the damage, but it's a disaster.

  25. #50
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    Bloomberg is reporting "centrist Macron poised to win"...which doesn't accurately describe Macron (he's left of establishment favored candidates) or what is actually going on.
    The reason you're confused is that that European centre (or most of the right by that matter) is way left of the US centre.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •