TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Being immigrated in France what can happen to me if Marine Le Pen wins the elections

...What went out of the 2nd debate between the two candidates....

When Le Pen mention in this debate she wanted the foreign doctors out of France i knew that this could mean my return to Portugal in case she wins, because my Mom is working as Doctor at Saint-Gobain... and i´m totally dependent on her.

But good thing Macron has still much more followers than her.

Seriously? this woman even copied Fillon speech :

if there's wasn't so much abstinence in voting in France a person of extreme right like Le Pen would have never come this far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    if there's wasn't so much abstinence in voting in France a person of extreme right like Le Pen would have never come this far.
    I read turnout in the first round was about the same as 2012, 69.5% vs. 70.5% or something like that.
    So I don't think you can say that abstention was the reason she made it to the runoff.
    She's there because of the complete implosion of PS, aided by Fillon's scandal.

69.5% to 70.5% would be record turn out in the USA. We are lucky to get 30%.

If France would adopt a primary election, this situation may not have to occur again. However, it did not help us in the US much. Turd Sandwich vs. Ultra Douche. At least the douche can get you clean. It has some use.

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    Turd Sandwich vs. Ultra Douche. At least the douche can get you clean. It has some use.
    I love that you chose that analogy, because it is so much more apt than you thought it was.

Trance, my analogy is really just a rip off of Trey Parker and South Park. I do think the French people are getting the short end of the stick though. From what I understand, de Gaulle set up their election this way to force these run offs. It is a way to keep the powers that be still in power. While the US system off the primary is not perfect (drawn out far too long) and the general election sort of wonky, it is preferable to the French Presidential election. http://www.dickmorris.com/whats-fren...s-lunch-alert/

Ugh, no thanks, between the two I'll keep ours.

Within 9 days there will be elections in France, i am an immigrant , i came from Portugal to live in France, i´ve been living here for 8 months now. I haven't been much updated to politics here, but i know that the candidate Marie Le Pen won't support emigration will take France out of the Union European, but's that's all i know. what else should i know.

Thanks in Advance
    I'm pretty sure they're just after recent middle eastern immigrants, and maybe polacks to a lesser extent.

Seriously? this woman even copied Fillon speech :

And who's to blame for that? If you can't inspire any voter enthusiasm that's your own damn fault as a party.

Quote Originally Posted by raph View Post
    Ugh, no thanks, between the two I'll keep ours.
    I'd be with you on that.

I was reading about the 48 hour pre-election discussion/polls etc. ban (in relation to the timing of the Macron leaked emails) and think it'd be great if we could have that too. Politicians talk way too much and I think it'd be a real relief to have them shut up for 2 days.

I've done a bit of a google but my questioning is apparently not good enough for google. I was wondering if your candidates have financial contribution limits for electioneering, as we do in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're just after recent middle eastern immigrants, and maybe polacks to a lesser extent.
    I'm a "Polak" who became french.

And your sources are ....????

Dick Morris, seriously ? The guy from Fox bashing France ?

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I'd be with you on that.

I was reading about the 48 hour pre-election discussion/polls etc. ban (in relation to the timing of the Macron leaked emails) and think it'd be great if we could have that too. Politicians talk way too much and I think it'd be a real relief to have them shut up for 2 days.

I've done a bit of a google but my questioning is apparently not good enough for google. I was wondering if your candidates have financial contribution limits for electioneering, as we do in the UK.
    Here is a bit of an answer (in french, sorry, use google trad ;-) )

http://www.vie-publique.fr/decouvert...lectorale.html

Nickie, basically there's a limit on how much they can spend, which for all intents and purposes amounts to the same thing I suppose. From Stefan's link, candidates cannot spend over 16,851 millions each on the first round, and no more than 22,509 millions for the two who reach the second round.

Any candidate that makes more than 5% on the first round gets his/her campaign costs reimbursed (after an audit of the campaign accounts), that's why it really sucks for Dupont-Aignan this time as he barely missed the mark. (I would wager this near-miss has a bit to do with his striking a deal with Le Pen to endorse her on the second round, in addition to being promised the PM position, I wouldn't be surprised if the FN agreed to take over some of these costs in exchange.)

On the other hand, Sarkozy after the 2012 election was denied the refund after the audit found irregularities, and the party launched a donation campaign that was nicknamed the "Sarkothon", gathering 11 million euros.

tl;dr, I don't think there's a limit to donations themselves, but the spending is restricted and scrutinized.

Thank you both very much. I've had a quick view but will look at your link, Stefan_Key, in more depth tomorrow when my head is less scrambled.

I do wish you the outcome you hope for.

verbose douchebag
    This leaked emails things is kind of awful. Seems that whoever disseminated the documents mixed in fake documents with the real ones, and the 48h media blackout is having the unintended effect of preventing any mass reporting on which aren't real. Seems there has been at least some evidence already of a counterfeit document showing that Macron had opened an offshore account.

Not that it matters what's true or not though - a lie makes it round the world 3 times before the truth has a chance a to get its pants on, as they say.

This is a looks like a duck situation.
    It plays into Russia's hands so straight forwardly, re undermining European unity, and follows the US election's script so closely which was already linked to Russian hackers, that if it's not them, it ought to be someone thinking a lot like them. Or it's just them like it looks. (Formally I withhold judgment.)

I'd like to think leaks won't have as big an impact in France as they did in the US, but the one thing Macron has in common with Hillary is how soft the support is, not what you'd call a rabid fan base.

If they have the same amount of impact in France as they had in the U.S., Macron will still win by a landslide. They'll need to do quite a bit better.

Macron may not have a rabid fanbase, but the distance between Macron and Pen is far greater -- something like 30 points versus the 4 points difference in the US election.

I would think that if your white either from Europe,UK/Ireland,or Canada and The US your probably fine.If your from anywhere else your in trouble,If your from the Middle East,North Africa and any other Muslim Majority country than your boned.

I really don't think they would have much a problem with Cardia who is Portuguese and Stefan_Key who is Polish are pretty much 100 percent fine.Reason being your both European and if you assimilated into French Culture and Life, your probably fine.From what I've seen their big sticking point is Immigrants and refugees from Africa and the Middle East who cling very hard to their culture and in the Right view as a refusal to assimilate into French Society and maintain many cultural and religious practices that go against the deeply secular lean of French Society and Values.In other woods their not making themselves French.

From what I've heard her rise is largely due to the Refugee situation which feeds into racism,and fear of your culture,politics,values and makeup being changed by very different foreigners in your own native country.The rash of Terrorist Attacks have only exacerbated these tensions and feelings.I don't know how to economy is doing over their but if its struggle that would also add to the fire since its been shown time and time again that tolerance goes right out the window when the times get tough.

All I can say is I really hope that the French don't make the same mistake we Americans have made.You guys actually have something worth saving.We have been on bad path and sharp decline for over 30 years its only being talked about a lot now because the pinch and resulting tension are starting to effect people are typically insulated from this stuff.Not to mention our government is complete run for and by Corporations,other wealthy special interests and certain foreign nationalists hence our nutso and suicidal foreign policy.

Trump won because he and his cronies played the role of the pied piper bring together religious zealots,heartless greedy Ayn Rand Fetishists,Neo Nazi Skinheads all other white supremacist organizations,American Libertarians (Neo Feudalists) and people with righteous anger pointed in all the wrong directions. Hilary lost because was practically a republican from 30 years ago combine that with some toxic and obnoxious elements in the Left and the Democratic Party's steadfast and pigheaded refusal to actually stand for Working American's because it would offend the donor class and the money would cry.Hilary was a very weak candidate to run given the situation in America not to mention many traditional democratic or independent leaning democratic voter groups didn't trust Hilary for various pretty well founded reasons.Not to mention strongly Democratic Voters refusing to vote because the Party's flat out refusal to show anything more than token support for the Working Class that the break out every election cycle and then do next to nothing for us.Our elections are just choosing which faction of the Elite gets to rule over us either way we both lose since after the election we get thrown out of the room and Wall St comes right back in.

Until this Healthcare Bill Fiasco and with the Democratic Party's steadfast refusal to change course into be a Working Class Party that also included Educated Urbanites I would have told you that we were gonna be stuck with 8 years of Trump and a Republican Controlled House and Senate (barring Nuclear War) but after the passage in the house and the following celebration of this just plain vile,evil and mean spirited healthcare bill,this could really bite the Republicans back in the midterms.But if the Democrats want to seal their victory they need to shift from their current path and start attacking the rights narrative on everything.They need to get the people who shot themselves in the foot by voting Republican to open their eyes to fact that the GOP uses them and offer real hope and real change to these people and actually deliver on it.

Back to the main subject Cardia and Stefan_Key you should both be fine,especially if your White and European.All I can say is that I hope that the French People do not repeat the mistake that the US and Great Britain have made,I shudder to think of the day that Fascism lords over Europe.Anyone who tries to erase,lessen or gloss over the Crimes of Nazi Germany and Vichy Regime should really not be able to call themselves French.You guys sound more French than any of those Fascist and that is coming from the Descendant of Frenchmen who moved to Canada then the US.Plus if you don't make the mistake you can totally lord it over us American's and the Brits.

Despite my deep reservations I still voted for Hilary in the General Election because I hated and feared a Trump Administration and that is as a straight white male of a working class background,despite what some might say we all didn't vote for Trump.I mean a choice between Macron and Le Pen is not the best and the Ideal situation if I lived in France I wouldn't vote for Macron but when look at the alternative his appeal goes up enough that you can still vote for him even if you have to hold your nose will you do it.

I was among those who picked "blank or null" on Mélenchon's consultation of the Insoumis supporters on what they'd do. But a week later, and especially after that horrifying debate, there was really only one sensible thing to do. It wasn't an easy choice, I still stayed in the booth with that ballot in front of me for quite longer than usual. But I felt the risk is too great, so I cast a Macron vote this morning.

Today is about beating Le Pen. Tomorrow, we start the fight with Macron for who gets to control the Parliament.

I'm totally cool with blanks/abstentionists. Everyone makes their own decisions in conscience.
    Last edited by raph; 7th May 2017 at 07:40.

Fuck, this doesn't look good

What? I've only seen something about a vote for de Gaulle.

Edit. I'm watching live reporting on the Beeb. Apparently Macron has won but that seems to be a projection?

This is just the exit poll, though the actual result can't be far off.

You did the right thing, Raph.

I voted Macron to counter delusional Le Pen and fascism.

@Maxrebo6

I think you're right but you never know with fascists, who will be next, first the "Middle Easterns" and then everyone whose family names don't sound french at all (like mine) ?

The irony is I work for the state, France is my employer, in brief.
    During my work, I meet various people in towns and villages. They cannot tell if I'm 100% french or not (Blue eyes, light and very short hair, and cop-looking guy, no accent...)
    And sometimes, i'm happy that I don't look like an "Arab". Especially when meeting older guys who have been in the "algerian" war...

My dad was a kid when WW2 started in Poland. He was in the camps with my grand-father. My mother, she was a little girl, fled with her family from the ukrainian nationalists that wanted to cut their throats.

Dad, who is nearly 80 now, always told me the dangers of fascism. How this snake works.

That's why I voted against MLP, I'll never forget my parents' stories, they know what they're talking about.