TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How has Thief influenced your life?

Thief influenced me in the fact that I came to these forums because of my love of TTLG (the game company that is)
    also great game

Desperately dodgy geezer
    TTLG is not a game company...

Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    Thief influenced me in the fact that I came to these forums because of my love of LGS
    You love them so much, you forgot their name

Wherever I go I watch the shadows & I always make sure I know where the exits are

It was my fav game until I played Deu sex in 2008. Cragsleft prison still remains the most atmospheric and immersive level I ever played in any game, in my memory anyway.

Hell Looking Glass Studios was great, but Through The Looking Glass was far better, no contest

how can you even compare the two games? obviously thief 2 was the king of the crop

Thief has influenced my life in a way that for years i spend hours all days in dromed. Im not sure its a good thing or bad thing, but it just takes me away from reality. If i never would have played thief probably my life would be different now, no other game would convince me to start working with a 3d program like dromed.

Thief made my kid cry last night.

My 11 year old saved up enough loot to buy a pair of hermit crabs 2 days ago. Last night I'd been playing Thief Gold for a couple of hours, but it was getting late so I went to put the boy to bed. He was in the bathroom with the door closed. When I saw his little hermit crab house with the lid sitting off it, suddenly a little devil-horned Garrett whispered in my ear about teaching a lesson about leaving the lid off the cage. I pilfered the 2 little fellows and skulked out of his room, then went back to play a little more Thief.

About 20 minutes later I went back to check on the kid and give back his crabs, only to find his mom was frantically tearing his room apart looking for the little guys. And my son was in tears. So as to not look like a total taffer, I stashed the pair of crabs in a corner then announced that I'd found them. My kid was so relieved. He said he didn't want to tell me because I'd told him not to lose them.

In my head I could hear Garrett muttering, "They aren't lost no more..."

Thief made do creative things and then I realized I could get money to do those things. So I owe Thief my current job and it basically pointed me to my career path.

Quote Originally Posted by redface View Post
    Thief made do creative things and then I realized I could get money to do those things. So I owe Thief my current job and it basically pointed me to my career path.
    What is it that Thief made you do? what's the job in question?

I started doing art for the game, back in the Hammerite imperium days. That led to becoming a semi-pro illustrator and also graphic designer, which is now my day job.

That's great Redface! Congratulations! I loved the art work in Hammerite imperium, its impressive! Excellent Job there.

Cool, thanks