TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite Thief missions! 2017 Hardcore Redux!!!

I don't like time limits, but if you're like me, don't let that deter you from playing CL. Only one small part of the second mission has a time limit, but it's not particularly restrictive. I've never failed to satisfy the time requirement when I was actually trying to (even with a lot of time wasting). The only time I've ever lost due to time was when I intentionally just waited forever to see if the objectives were true to their word. (they were.)

CL has been one of the very best for well over a decade. You def need to check out this masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Download anything by skacky - Endless Rain, Chalice of Souls, Vanishing Point, etc. You won't regret it.
    This! Between These Dark Walls and Endless Rain are some of the very first FMs I ever played, and the ones I revisit most often.

Good thing you started this thread, Soccorro. I've somehow managed to dodge almost all the classics, and there's lots of great suggestions here.

You're welcome! These Threads should be done on a yearly basis.

It is sad though, that the list of new FMs is getting smaller with each year

Southquarter.com/fms
    That's true, but on the positive side, the ones that are released are all fairly high quality. You don't see too much "Bestest FM" or "Tower of Jorge" these days.

The only Thief Mission that I give top marks that hasn't been mentioned yet is Unbidden Guest.

All Torc and especially its sequel Stones and Glass Houses

Quote Originally Posted by Soccorro View Post
    It is sad though, that the list of new FMs is getting smaller with each year
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    That's true, but on the positive side, the ones that are released are all fairly high quality. You don't see too much "Bestest FM" or "Tower of Jorge" these days.
    Yes, and a lot of them are multi-mission campaigns, as well.

Seconding Disorientation by Melan and Endless Rain Skacky.

Also Gems of Provenance by StinkyKitty - very solid campaign with lots of variety.

*edit* Also how could I forget A Thief's Holiday 2004 by Yandros!
    Last edited by TannisRoot; 1st May 2017 at 19:38.

i will hold judgement till 2017 is over

as more will come out that are looking amazing

I don't think anyone's mentioned Inverted Manse yet. Also, the Total Crap Contest missions are worth checking out if you're in the mood for something astoundingly bad, though I personally think the winner (Incubus) was more surreal than actually bad.

WOW... Calendra's Legacy seems to have a Rating of 11!? of 10!!!???

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Depends on who you ask, plus those ratings are all at least a decade old. There are actually quite a few things about CL that I'm not that keen on, but its production value was so over the top for the day that it earned its place in the pantheon.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccorro View Post
    WOW... Calendra's Legacy seems to have a Rating of 11!? of 10!!!???
    Calendra's Cistern and Calendra's Legacy are among my all time favorites. I can play those again and again. CL Mission 2 has a time limit in the beginning, but it's not difficult to beat the required objective in time.
    When you're done you can always try to Supreme Ghost them.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

My favourites (the list is far, far longer than this, I've boiled it down to these for now as my all time best)

Ruins of Originia
    A night in Rocksbourg: Ink and Dust
    Calendra's Legacy
    Ominous Bequest
    Broken Triad
    Lorgan's Web
    Hammerite Imperium
    Calendra's cistern
    Inverted manse
    Nightmares - Cauchemars
    Order of the Vine
    Mirror of Return
    Dead of Winter
    Chalice of Souls
    Autumn in Lampfire hills
    Dracula Campaign
    Horns of Canzo: Long way up
    Breathing Corpses
    Godbreaker
    Varyx Obelisk
    Mystery Man
    When Still

Breathing Corpses... played that one a bit... Faceless undead Hammerites and running Zombies mean a lot of uncontrolled defecation and Cardiac arrest...

You should try Iron Heart, its prequel, too. It's got the same sort of weird undead, and some solid design.

Also "Pirates Ahoy!". It's a campaign with a lot of fun and interesting things going for it.

Someone probably already said King's Story- if not, it's pretty great as well.

The Keeper of the Prophecies campaign may or may not have been mentioned. It's got one of the more impressive (if not the most impressive) cathedrals I've seen in a mission.

No!!! You're not going to die on me, Thread!!!!

*beeeeeeeeep*

*loading sound*

HANDS OFF!!!

*bump*

*Sinus-Rythm sets in*

Phew...

You have enough recommendations here for several months

There's quite a long thread (spanning several years) on rpgcodex with loads more recommendations and discussions of the best missions if you are curious. They are a bit more cavalier and critical over there, but it's a good one to mine for recommendations and reviews (some quite scathing ).

Also be sure to check out Deus Ex and System Shock 2 if you haven't!

Southquarter.com/fms
    I think if you're just getting into FMs, I'd stay far away from RPG Codex. They are overly critical, and I think much of the criticism is unwarranted. It's fine for people who've played FMs for years, but you could miss out on a good mission if you heed some of their "advice."

Trail of Blood 2 by intruder. Best mission ever made.

Thanks to everyone! I think I will be busy for the next month or so with being addicted to Thief 2

I recommed Bad Debts

hmmm... Are there any Cthulhu themed FMs? Besides Broken Triad?

I love reading H.P. Lovecraft's works and his unique approach to depicting madness

Hehe, yeah actually, as far as the objectively best FMs go, start with Ominous Bequest + Broken Triad. You simply can't go wrong there if you're a fan of Thief at all.
    Same with Black Frog - a truly top teir campaign, probably my favorite in all of Thief and Thief fandom.
    A Night in Rocksbourg is also a universally acclaimed masterpiece.
    I think that's like the top trio of the classic best. But then, you also have Rowena's Curse and Seven Sisters, L'Arsene series (especially The Den) and all Purah's stuff that has the word "Calendra's " in it. That's the stuff where you can't go wrong.

I haven't been following the scene so much in the last years though. I know there's been some really good stuff done, but anything quite as universally good and critically acclaimed as those? I'm aware of Breaking the Stone for instance, but I feel that is still a little more hit and miss for some people's preferences.