TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: System Shock 3 Interview with Warren Spector + Early Concept Art

System Shock 3 Interview with Warren Spector + Early Concept Art

Interview with Warren Spector...

Early concept art...

Edit: Found a few more...

Last edited by Vae; 14th May 2017 at 19:02.

That at least on a concept level, looks very much like a return to the style of the first game over the second. Me likey.

Yeh I especially like the 2nd picture, derelict space station. Might have to fire up SS1 again.

Added some more concept art and replaced video.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    That at least on a concept level, looks very much like a return to the style of the first game over the second.
    Shame, because i liked the 2nd one much more in that regard. The concept arts look a bit weird TBH, rather a bit mystery like than sci-fi, and strange colours. Hope that is NOT the shape of things to come. each to his like.

Nice, thanks for sharing!

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by chk772 View Post
    Shame, because i liked the 2nd one much more in that regard. The concept arts look a bit weird TBH, rather a bit mystery like than sci-fi, and strange colours. Hope that is NOT the shape of things to come. each to his like.
    It's psychedelic 60s-style art crossed with science fiction themes. Quite similar to SS1's design. I think it looks pretty unique, maybe not 'attractive' from a conventional aesthetic angle, but definitely more interesting than your generic shiny/grey space station.

On the other hand, it's pretty unlikely that they build psychedelic, colourful space stations in the future.

Chakat sex pillow
    I know! And it's going to be potentially awesome to explore because of that.

So basically an Austin Powers styled space ship. Interesting.

I found those to be amazing, as was said, it looks much more like the first game, and that's a plus for me. Don't know if that's improbable for the future. All white and grey is kind of bland, and, unless it has some kind of specific reason for it to be like this, I doubt humans would adhere to this idea, even more in the future where customs are bound to change. In an aesthetic point of view, we favour a more colorful environment, that's why we don't all paint our walls white, we like variety, and colors add some needed context. In SS1 you had colors to represent each section: red for science, blue/green for medical, red/shades of yellow and orange (brown/golden) for executive, and all that worked pretty well. I really liked SS2 when I played it, but I still hadn't played SS1 by the time. After I saw the variety in design SS1 had it just looked better to me. Also, Cyberpunk is better represented this way.

Two of the images (3 and 7) made me think of the Beserk Dermal Patch to begin with.

Ok, it's been a while, but I can think of Tommy and Rebecca, Goggles, Hacker and who is the fifth? We're not talking Rebecca Lansing or someone are we?

These images remind me of early concept art from SS2. Maybe it's the nostalgia speaking, but that seems like a very good thing, as far as tonality is concerned.

I could see some of them as the cover art of a cyberpunk novel.