TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thief Giveaway (GOG.com)

Thief Giveaway (GOG.com)

Hi,

Now that I have ranted about how much I hate Thiaf 2014, I would like to do a GOG.com key giveaway which includes the following titles:

Thief Gold

Thief 2: Metal Age

Thief 3: Deadly Shadows

Just tell me if you're in and also about how and when you became a taffer!

For the Glory of GOG.com!

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    I'll take 2 and 3 since I don't have them on GoG yet.

I got into Thief back in the day when Thief 3 came out; a webcomic artist I liked was a Thief fan and wrote up a review about it. He was kinda meh about it overall but what he described sounded cool to me. Not one to just jump in, but this was back in the old days when you couldn't find copies of the game, I'm not ashamed to admit I torrented Thief Gold. I actually found TTLG because I was trying to figure out how to get it to stop freezing.

I got hooked into Thief when the Thief Dark project Demo came out, i cant even remember how many times i replayed the demo. Later on i was able to grab a copy and was amazed how a first person stealth game is even more immersive than the classic first person shooters formula. It was the perfect match, the soundscape, the music, the graphics, a perfect match even to this day. I played all four, but as many, i think the last one failed miserable, they didnt get the point of it, i prefer the first one rather than the second, its more mistic, and the 3 even with its strong points its more cartonish. That why i request the first Thief gog key. And escaping the subject a bit, i am still working on upversive, slowly but surely the demo will come out this year. Thank you!

So if we don't have any other entries until tomorrow (which translates to Middle european tomorrow ), I think this giveaway will be an easy one

Glory to GOG.com! *raises fist*

are you portuguese by curiosity sake, since socorro is well ... a good word to define it ...

Quote Originally Posted by upversive View Post
    are you portuguese by curiosity sake, since socorro is well ... a good word to define it ...
    I hear that question a lot Nope I'm a turk living in germany I thought that name up when i had a bit too much to drink and liked t. I think it means help in portuguese? I did not know that until recently

Socorro is Spanish for help.
    You shout aloud ¡Socorro! when you are in danger, in need of help.
    Socorro is also a woman´s name.

Southquarter.com/fms
    @Soccorro - So I noticed someone chickened out and decided to delete their post from this thread. I'll sum it up and reiterate for you.

Dethtoll loves to make fun of the people who frequent this forum. It's actually worse than that, he mostly just insults and degrades them. So I don't think you should be throwing any free games his way. If you don't believe me, check his posting history.

Just the fact that he asked for them, when he for sure owns them already anyway, is pretty ballsy.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring just so dethtoll has less chance of winning.

I remember getting The Dark Project after a friend recommended it to me. At some point I did a search and ended up here (lurked for a while), and I remember thinking it was really cool that the developers logged on and participated in the forums. And then I saw them asking fans for suggestions for their next game, and I thought, man, these guys are pretty damn cool, I should check out more of their games.

It also seemed like over the years, a new Thief title always seemed to coincide with new PC purchases (not a coincidence). I think I bought at Pentium 2 or 3 for Thief 2, and then got an Athlon64/Radeon 9800 Pro for Deadly Shadows. Probably had another upgrade some 5 years after TDS and then built my current machine for Thiaf.

And I've got a name

*Drumroll*

It is upversive!

Congratulations

You will receive your key shortly

As long as it wasn't Brethren. Give it a rest, dude.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    You're saying he didn't accurately represent your attitude towards Thief Gen?

i am in ,i have all 3 physical copy's but they so old not sure how much longer they will last

so a set in digital form would be nice so i can use them anywhere

but if there is someone that don't have them at all please pick them over me

Desperately dodgy geezer
    If you had read the whole thread, you'd have seen he already picked someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccorro View Post
    And I've got a name

*Drumroll*

It is upversive!

Congratulations

You will receive your key shortly

I just wanted to do a nice giveaway. Im Sorry it turned out like this

Chakat sex pillow
    Not your fault that you have to deal with children. Good on you for steering clear of the bullshit.

No worries! This GA is over but I shall carry the word of GOG to the people again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    Socorro is Spanish for help.
    You shout aloud ¡Socorro! when you are in danger, in need of help.
    Socorro is also a woman´s name.
    Socorro is also a Portuguese word and it also means "help!" we both share a very similar language

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    You're saying he didn't accurately represent your attitude towards Thief Gen?
    I'm saying making a stink over posts I made several years ago is a bit childish.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    As long as it wasn't Brethren. Give it a rest, dude.
    OK, I know, but you have to admit it’s kind of funny. Originally you were like “I hate this place, and I’m leaving forever and you guys all just pick on me all the time and it’s not fair” and then you’re like “hey, the ‘autism ward’ is having a Thief giveaway, maybe I’ll get in on that even though I just rip on those losers all the time because they have no life but at least I’ll get a free game out of it.”

I don’t know, I just thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Originally you were like “I hate this place, and I’m leaving forever and you guys all just pick on me all the time and it’s not fair” and then you’re like “hey, the ‘autism ward’ is having a Thief giveaway, maybe I’ll get in on that even though I just rip on those losers all the time because they have no life but at least I’ll get a free game out of it.”
    ...I couldn't have said it better myself.

Enough now, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    OK, I know, but you have to admit it’s kind of funny. Originally you were like “I hate this place, and I’m leaving forever and you guys all just pick on me all the time and it’s not fair” and then you’re like “hey, the ‘autism ward’ is having a Thief giveaway, maybe I’ll get in on that even though I just rip on those losers all the time because they have no life but at least I’ll get a free game out of it.”

I don’t know, I just thought it was funny.
    Grow up, you massive chuffing hypocrite. You wanna know why I don't post on TTLG anymore? 'Cuz of nonsense like this.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Alright, I think I can (and should) put an end to this, once and for all. First off...

I apologize.

I admit, I did think it was kind of classless of you to come here, asking for free shit, given how you've referred to people in this forum (and diehard Thief fans in general) in the past. Hopefully you can at least see where I'm coming from on that. But you're right, that was several years ago, and cripes, we can't hold grudges forever.

Either way, in the end, that doesn't give me license or permission to be a complete dick.

I see myself making petty comments like these and I don't like it. Anywhere, really, but especially around here. This place is my internet home, for better or worse. Not really the way I want to be remembered.

So, again, sorry. I won't be doing it anymore going forward. I don't think anything more needs to be said on the topic either. And since Soccorro finished his giveaway, we can probably close the thread (that's up to the admins though).

I also want to apologize to Soccorro for trashing his thread. It was big of him to set up the giveaway in the first place, and he didn't deserve the trainwreck this thread became.

Everyone may now return to their regularly scheduled programming.

I grant you my humble thank you Socorro. My internet connection was weird the last few days, but i was able to get it working today. I am trying to remake Thief in my own personnal way, once i speed up the work i will show you as a sign of gratitude.