TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Few Unrelated Questions

Desperately dodgy geezer
    You can install FMs manually if you really know what you're doing, but most people use FMSel or NewDarkLoader these days. A few diehards still use the old DarkLoader but it has issues with some missions and especially if you use any mods.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    I use a sphere object to get the far mountain range in there.
    I swear you are going to write up a tut for this

I also thought about doing a sphere close to player face for a blurry water effect. I have no idea how though. I will tackle this later when I come to it.

@gamophyte
    It's actually not very hard. You can physically attach the sphere-like (or a half sphere-like) object to the player. With NV's script, it can be done with NVLinkBuilder. You can also do this with a conversation event.
    The nice thing about this is that you can give it joints for things like maybe fake flying objects.
    The important thing that you need to know is that you want this to be only visible in outside areas. So, I make this object quite huge and have my sky settings (NewSky only. Haven't tested it with the skybox) a bit bigger that the object. Since these setting are very huge, I usually don't see the object anywhere in the mission but in outside areas.
    Although I didn't do this in TROTB2, the best way to have your object might be with replacement textures. That way you have control of it in case you want to change it when the player approaches a different outside area. With this situation, I would probably be switching between Meta-properties with the textures I want.

@GORT, I know we talked about this before but I am super novice still. I guess I'll get it as I read more. Additional to the water blur play attachment I'd like the player to look up at the city from my docks and see it's basic structure almost like a distant view but really it's a simple move-with-player object. Thanks, will post video when I get to it.

@ gamophyte

I'll try to make that tutorial with a demo when I have more time. As for the blur play attachment, I would have to do some tinkering. I'm guessing it may have to do with using materials, heat disks, or a combination of both to get a good effect. One thing about heat disks is that having too much of them tend to hurt the frame rate in-game.

@GORT

Precisely, I was playing with Zylon Bane's heat disk trick to make blurry windows by making them side by side (can't find the link at the moment). I walked up to just 3 side by side and in cover my face. I imagined then a water brush or room brush trigger so that when player jumps in my green water it teleports attachment just in front of the players face to make it look blurry. I was being coy about it to wow people here but honestly I'm going to need so much help that I'll give it away.

EDIT: Ah found it http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...ith+heat+disks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12