TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: RIP Roger Moore

RIP Roger Moore

RIP 007. You were the 3rd one in the movies, but the first Bond I saw in the theatre. I also enjoyed you in “The Saint” albeit on reruns. The guy lived a long full life. Good for him.

Southquarter.com/fms
    This guy was Bond, if you grew up in the 70s and 80s. So many classics - Spy Who Love Me, Man With The Golden Gun, Live and Let Die, etc. Also a good spot in Cannonball Run, just for fun.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Oh man, yeah I think he was the first Bond I saw as well. The Man With The Golden Gun was the first movie we recorded after we bought our first VCR.

For a long time I said he was my least favourite Bond. Being a cool guy who's too cool for school and mainstream opinions I'd instead say Timothy Dalton was my fave! But y'know, I've recently rewatched some of the Moore Bonds, and there's just something so watchable about Roger Moore and his aloof portrayal of the character. My appreciation for the man only grew after BMD's recent article about his 1973 memoir about the making of Live and Let Die. Seriously, read this, it's amazing.

RIP, Roger Moore.

My appreciation didn't really come until I heard him talking about his childhood abuse. Sad news but a good age.

Sad news.
    I loved Bond films as a kid (and older), especially at Christmas time with the obligatory tin of Quality Street chocolates.
    Roger playing old Jimmy Bond, always made that occasion extra special.
    I also loved the fact that his favourite food was Beans on Toast, just like me!
    Rest in Peace, old chum.

Spot on, Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Oh man, yeah I think he was the first Bond I saw as well. The Man With The Golden Gun was the first movie we recorded after we bought our first VCR.

For a long time I said he was my least favourite Bond. Being a cool guy who's too cool for school and mainstream opinions I'd instead say Timothy Dalton was my fave! But y'know, I've recently rewatched some of the Moore Bonds, and there's just something so watchable about Roger Moore and his aloof portrayal of the character. My appreciation for the man only grew after BMD's recent article about his 1973 memoir about the making of Live and Let Die. Seriously, read this, it's amazing.

RIP, Roger Moore.
    Sometimes I thought I was the only one on the planet who liked Timothy Dalton as Bond.

I liked Roger Moore too. His aloof, somewhat satirical, and at times humorous portrayal of Bond got us through some pretty cheesy Bond productions.

There really wasn’t any Bond I didn’t like. My favorite by far is Sean Connery. Moore was great in his flicks too, but in a campy/silly way. I enjoyed his films more when I was a teenager, than I do now. The jokes are a little too corny. I still watch "Live and Let Die” at least once per year however. The country sheriff in that film and also in “The Man with the Golden Gun” also passed away recently. We’ve got a whole string of celebs in their 70s, 80s, and 90s... I hate to see them go, but it’s a fact of life. Here’s to their continued good health and the the health of those not so famous too.