TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 5

When a new far Cry is announced, I always wonder what the cheap cash-in using the same map is going to be.

Far Cry 3 had the futuristic Blood Dragon. Far Cry 4 became the prehistoric Primal. What will Far Cry 5's glorified mod be?

I still don't see this playing that well for run. The other games all took places in locations where it plausible to believe that huge amounts of lead were flying around in all directions.....in this one the suspension of disbelief required to believe that this could happen without the hillbillies involved getting WACO'd by federal agents is massive.

Might give it a shot. I'm curious as to who the protagonist will be and who the good guys are.
    Playing through Primal right now and it's not bad. Not amazing, but not bad.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Interesting to see another game where you're going up against a Christian cult. The Church In The Darkness is also going for that theme, but whereas that game might actually do something interesting with it, I'm not expecting much from Ubisoft. Occasionally they manage some good character-moments in their games but the overall plot is pretty much always a big, idiotic mess.

I will say I'm glad to see they're stepping up their vehicle-game with this one though! The driving model in the FC games has mostly been unchanged since FC2, and I look forward to ripping up these dirt roads in one of those muscle cars glimpsed in the trailer.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Hey, there's also 3 character trailers!

and...

Meet Nick Rye

Meet Pastor Jerome

No sign of the protagonist yet, but I think that's his voice briefly in the Nick Rye trailer.

apparently you can make your own character, also choosing gender.
    hmm looks pretty heavy handed with the story

Moderator and Priest
    I'd love to watch those videos, but damn Ubisoft won't let me.

Oh, and as far as zee and zed goes, I guess we've reached a stalemate on the coolness argument.

Quote Originally Posted by SD
    What will Far Cry 5's glorified mod be?
    If I had to take a guess, I'd say...

Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Primal Blood Cry

All of that complaining about SJWs and people being offended about racism/sexism, and here Tony is trying to claim offense about classism. Classic.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Oh, and as far as zee and zed goes, I guess we've reached a stalemate on the coolness argument.
    The people who live in a country where they elected a reality TV clown to be their government leader lose by default.

I hope that Kanye West 2020 succeeds so that the rest of the world can laugh at USA some more.

Moderator and Priest
    Good thing you posted that spoiler, otherwise I might've gone all righteously indignant on you.

And the Kanye West thing? Don't even joke about that. Seriously. It's too scary to think about.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

^
    Good. Given your own status as a marginalised minority (Linux user) that would've been like spitting into the wind.

Moderator and Priest
    I'm back on Windows, man. I am now totally a member of the oppressor class again.

I can see it now: The Kanye West Wing.

Moderator and Priest
    No. NO! STAHP!

Moderator and Priest

Far Cry 5

Okay, I'm dumb. Also...

NO POLITICS! ONLY GUNS AND JEEPS!
    Last edited by Renzatic; 30th May 2017 at 14:09.

I do appreciate the keeping the political posts & arguments confined to CommChat.

Beautiful game engine at least, if the Ubisoft Bullshots are anything to judge by.

Still no evidence that this is anything more than a reskinned Far Cry 4 with airplanes.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Hey, where's my thread-

RENZAAAAAAATTTIIIIIIICCCCC

Moderator and Priest
    SORRY, HENKE! I DIDN'T MEAN TO!

Chakat sex pillow
    Hey guys, Far Cry 5's out Feb 2018. But not to worry, you can pre-order it now so that you don't have to buy it later. Because, um, moon vogels?

*Moon vogels is the answer to everything.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

The full Last Supper, now with racial diversity.

From the other thread, but probably belongs here:

Quote Originally Posted by N'Al View Post
    Whilst I understand - and, to an extent, sympathise - with his frustrations about Ubi's perceived* lack of storytelling nous his alternative suggestion is... shit. Can't say I have a better one myself, but I doubt his version would make for a better game.

*Let's not forget at this point his suggestion is purely based on short snippets from various teaser trailers. Not much about the actual story is known, yet.
    Right, we don't know much about the story other than some fucked up Christian cult has taken over some part of Montana. This is speculative, but the backstory seems to be some variation of "What if David Koresh recruited a separatist militia and went on a rampage?"

I think this setup has the potential to deliver a better story and a more immersive game than previous Far Crys. But given the producer's track record, I suspect it's just going to be the usual open world game of driving vehicles around the landscape and raiding outposts and the story will be something lame and uninteresting to annoy you with in long cutscenes.

Have they said anything about the protagonist yet? I can imagine Ubisoft being cheesy enough to make the player character a person of colour for this one.