TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 132

Thread: Farcry 5: Because Everything Is Political!

  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    How about you quit bitching, and trying to force social drama where there is none?

    How about you back up a single one of the insults and allegations you throw out?

    You're either too stupid to understand the definition of a "conspiracy", or you're a sociopath who hopes that by throwing out the word "conspiracy theory" you can short-circuit any reasonable discussion.

    Are they really bad guys or just good people that have been brainwashed? How will that affect how you play?
    In progressive parlance, "brainwashed" means anyone who believes anything other than what appears on MSNBC or Salon.

    Nevermind that I won't be playing. As I already mentioned, I generally do not play games that glorify ideological or sectarian violence.
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 29th May 2017 at 16:42.

  2. #27
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    How about you back up a single one of the insults and allegations you throw out?
    Alright. Let's look at your posts in this thread.

    Have we done so? Okay.

    Now what can we establish from this evidence provided by your own hand?

    That you're an idiot, and you need to quit dredging up this woe-is-me the liberal progressives are so intolerant bullshit, and shut right slap the fuck up before you embarrass yourself any further.

    So shut the fuck up, Tony.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Alright. Let's look at your posts in this thread.

    Have we done so? Okay.

    Now what can we establish from this evidence provided by your own hand?

    That you're an idiot, and you need to quit dredging up this woe-is-me the liberal progressives are so intolerant bullshit, and shut right slap the fuck up before you embarrass yourself any further.

    So shut the fuck up, Tony.
    If my posts are so self evident, then it should be easy for you to show me where I've alleged some kind of massive, secret conspiracy.

    It shouldn't be hard. Or can you?

    And I stand by my assertion that progressives are intolerant:


    Nevermind that most studies out there show that liberals are equally intolerant as Republicans (Just about every study referenced in the Politico Article on the topic: http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...y-think-215114) or Less tolerant: https://www.prri.org/research/poll-p...war-christmas/

  4. #29
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula
    What they're trying to do is pump out one more sequel for the game, and they're hoping stirring up controversy in order to keep up at least some sales for it. The only group they can be blatantly prejudiced against without being torn to shreds by the gaming press is white Christians, so that's who they're going to target.
    How the hell else am I supposed to interpret this? It's blatantly obvious you're making idiot assumptions based upon the singular fact that THIS particular Far Cry has white rednecks in it, so the only logical conclusion is mumble mumble mumble progressives mumble mumble mumble media mumble mumble mumble mumble agenda.

    So shut the fuck up, Tony.

  5. #30
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2001
    Location: Qantas
    Tony, you need to get fucking banned. I think you've crossed a line here. Keep your stupid political rants out of game threads. We don't shit like this spilling out of CommChat.

  6. #31
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Considering the subject matter being discussed, alongside the assumption that we're all a bunch of liberal progressives here, I'm sure a banning with do nothing but feed into his notion that we're all intolerant of differing opinions. The idea that he's being kicked due to acting like a histrionic, disruptive dipshit will never once cross his mind.

    I'm gonna collect the more politically motivated bits of this thread, and boot them up to Comchat.

  7. #32
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Vertigo, DragonSand, Xeen
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I'm gonna collect the more politically motivated bits of this thread, and boot them up to Comchat.
    Ah, so thats why this thread reads like it was dropped into a cuisinart!

  8. #33
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: Location, Location
    This is a far cry from productive discussion

  9. #34
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    I see what you did there.

  10. #35
    So it's a kookoo to think that wealthy donors and institutions MIGHT have somethign to do with progressive cultural reformation, but it's also perfectly sane to believe that everything right-wing exists only because of a secret conspiracy funded by the Russians.

    Got it.

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    How the hell else am I supposed to interpret this? It's blatantly obvious you're making idiot assumptions based upon the singular fact that THIS particular Far Cry has white rednecks in it, so the only logical conclusion is mumble mumble mumble progressives mumble mumble mumble media mumble mumble mumble mumble agenda.

    So shut the fuck up, Tony.
    I'd be interested in having a reasonable exchange with your person, were it that you were were capable of doing anything other than hurling ad-hominem attacks and Reducto ab Absurdum.

    That said I've got you fired up into a seething rage, with absolutely zero substantial rebuttal or points being made on your part. Repeatedly telling me to "go fuck myself" and "shut the fuck up" isn't an argument and it doesn't even begin to prove whatever your point is. You are however a great lab rat: egging you on slightly does help illustrate to me how people of your type think, and it's mostly a seething brew of pre-programmed catchphrase (e.g. "institutional racism", "conspiracy theorists", "Lord Dampnut", etc.) and a vitriolic bile towards anything that you view as the out-group.

    In short, you're the kind of person who, had you lived in Nazi Germany, would be the first person to take a job sentencing political dissidents to the camps.

    I made two statements on the matter: That ubisoft is deliberately trying to take on a controversial topic to draw attention to the game, and that Evangelical Christians "with the serial numbers filed off" are one of the domestic groups that it is socially acceptable to use as a punching bag.

    It's not a "crazy" or "insane" statement to make. The Developer has stated about as directly as he can that the game is inspired by the Bundy Wildlife Takeover.

  12. #37
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    Location: Minecraft
    Tony, shut the fuck up. You're embarrassing not only yourself, but this entire forum.

  13. #38
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Vertigo, DragonSand, Xeen
    Cant we be more original than this?

    You guys are basically ganging up on someone, who you dont agree with, and collectively putting your fingers in your ear, and demanding he/they shut up/get out.

    This is laughable.

    The truth sure does hurt!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    vitriolic bile towards anything that you view as the out-group.
    Exactly. Anyone who is ultimately detected to be either non democrat or non partisan!

  14. #39
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    Repeatedly telling me to "go fuck myself" and "shut the fuck up" isn't an argument and it doesn't even begin to prove whatever your point is.
    My point is that you're trying to drum up controversy, using this one game as an example of thinly veiled liberal intolerance simply because Ubisoft had the temerity to use a group that hits slightly closer to home.

    But where were you when Far Cry 2 came out? Were you complaining then that they were leveraging a political hot topic, portraying Africans as hyper violent drug lords for an easy sell?

    Where were you when Far Cry 4 came out? Was it's flamboyant villain a carefully veiled insult against the gay community? Did you believe it portrayed Buddhist culture in a negative light?

    ...so why is Far Cry 5 any different? Why is it portraying rural America in the same cartoonish light a step too far for you?

    In short, you're the kind of person who, had you lived in Nazi Germany, would be the first person to take a job sentencing political dissidents to the camps.
    By this point, your idiot victim complex is so over the top, you should just photoshop a picture of yourself crucified on the cross, beatific expression in tow, and post it to the board to complete your public display of suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous political misfortunes.

    Think of this: if I were this intolerant tyrant, hell bent on quashing any opinion that differs from my own, would you still be posting here, with nary a warning on your account?

    So shut the fuck up, Tony.

  15. #40
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: The Land of Make Believe
    We can't go a week without some Bible-spouting right-wing gun fetishist massacring innocent people, but games - yes, games - that allow you to give the nutbars a taste of their own medicine are the Real Problem™, clearly.

  16. #41
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2008
    Location: on a mission to civilize
    So are we still in Kansas or not?


    ...I think Dorothy lied to me.

  17. #42
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2002
    Location: Pacific Northwest
    But where were you when Far Cry 2 came out? Were you complaining then that they were leveraging a political hot topic, portraying Africans as hyper violent drug lords for an easy sell?

    Where were you when Far Cry 4 came out? Was it's flamboyant villain a carefully veiled insult against the gay community? Did you believe it portrayed Buddhist culture in a negative light?

    ...so why is Far Cry 5 any different? Why is it portraying rural America in the same cartoonish light a step too far for you?
    What, you don't remember the pages long thread where he jumped to the defense of the LGBT community over Far Cry 4, or the masters thesis he delivered where he dismantled the "noble savage" stereotype from Far Cry 3 and criticized its own gay antagonist?

    Here, I've got the links right he

  18. #43
    Well....all that aside, why are you all so pissed at me for sharing Joe Biden's opinion?

    "Jew" parts aside of course. If there is some kind of Zionist conspiracy they sure left me out of it.

    "I bet you 85 percent of those changes, whether it's in Hollywood or social media, are a consequence of Jewish leaders in the industry, The influence is immense, the influence is immense. And, I might add, it is all to the good.
    If the Obamas Vice President says that the cultural changes are the result of a group of elites pushing said changes, then who are we to argue with him?

    Http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1351817

    Thats why THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY. The sheer number of distinguished individuals who are open about their agenda and believe it's a great thing more than " kind of" prevents it from being a conspiracy. Granted they may not be transparent about exact methods but that's hardly a conspiracy if the overall goal is freely stated.

    We can't go a week without some Bible-spouting right-wing gun fetishist massacring innocent people, but games - yes, games - that allow you to give the nutbars a taste of their own medicine are the Real Problem™, clearly.
    If your referring to the Portland guy, they found his social media accounts and it turns out he was a Berniebro.

    If you aren't I'm curious to hear your source that we have a right wing inspired mass shooting literally every week


    As to where I was when the other games came out?

    Not playing them. I didn't even hear that the LGBT groups were pissed at them. And for what? I watched the first part of Far Cry 3 and Vaas didn't seem the least bit gy. Anyway if true that doesnt exactly undercut my assessment: making an LGBT character a bad guy and getting flack over it might very well help to make them feel safer picking a less popular group to portray as villains
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 30th May 2017 at 01:44.

  19. #44
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: Sulphur, whatever
    Do you even read the things you respond to? He mentioned FC 2 and 4 in his post, and yet you somehow manage to beat out random probability, logic, and reading comprehension by asspulling Far Cry 3 into your response.

    Everything you post is a frothing-at-the-mouth response that does you no favours, let alone the absolutely random crap you bring up because everything has to connect to some agenda; you come off as an unhinged tautologist, someone who, if given a map of the night sky, would connect the dots into a pointillist representation of an elephant getting cornholed by the Big Dipper.

    You're a fantastic waste of time, and a monumental embarrassment to most of this forum. Do all of us a favour and get out.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 30th May 2017 at 08:55.

  20. #45
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Vertigo, DragonSand, Xeen
    I disagree. Unlike so many here, Tonys posts are traditionally packed with useful information. I hope Tony continues on. This place is better for him being here. Renzatic, as usual, already nailed it. You can find/remember his response as to why he wont ban Tony.

    Since Renzatic, aka the boss, was pretty clear on that, I dont understand why people here feel the pathetic need to continue to tell someone to get out, rather than do the *intelligent* thing and simply either do not read or do not respond to his posts.

    And yet, its always the same group who come in with this psychobabble followed by get out.



    Echo Bubble standin' tall - alive and well!

    Please be more intelligent!!!!

    Finding 15 ways to rip someones ass apart on a word board is *not* a display of intelligence, remember that.

  21. #46
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: Sulphur, whatever
    It's, not its; echo chamber, not bubble.

    ALSO: Hey Renz - sorry, boss man - you think this shit is free, you dirty capitalist? I want union wages or I'm gonna flip all the goddamn tables, y'hear!?

  22. #47
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2001
    Location: Qantas
    I've been part of other hobby forums that were poisoned by off-topic political debate and I hope that doesn't happen here. There are always going to be people who live and breathe their politics all day long, so even if the purpose of the forum has nothing to do with politics, if there is an opportunity to make a political point they can't resist it. TTLG has mostly been able to keep the politics contained to certain threads in Comm Chat, so that members who aren't interested can avoid it.

    Over the years I've been here, we've had a few cases where members' views of each other are so coloured by politics that they can't get along even when they are talking about games or movies or whatever, and they ended up spoiling topical threads with petty fighting. But even then, I don't recall seeing overt political arguments break out in game threads (though I may have missed it). That is poison IMO and it's not something we should tolerate.

    It's bad enough we have the Trump thread, which has turned into a real cesspool since the election and doesn't show any sign of slowing down. But please, let's keep the politics and the personal squabbles out of the game forums. I may not agree with everyone here on political matters, but when we're talking games (or movies or cooking or whatever) I don't care what your politics are.

  23. #48
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    ALSO: Hey Renz - sorry, boss man - you think this shit is free, you dirty capitalist? I want union wages or I'm gonna flip all the goddamn tables, y'hear!?
    TTLG is an At Will state, Sulp. If you don't like your pay, you can eat a butt.

    Oh, and Heywood's request will be heeded. Politics for the political forums and/or threads. If you want to rage about the Democrats or Republicans, do so in the assigned Free Speech Zones.

  24. #49
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Vertigo, DragonSand, Xeen
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    It's, not its; echo chamber, not bubble.
    "Chamber" is too grand a term in its posturing, whereas TTLG is just a nice safe little bubble. But it still echoes, dont you worry about that darlin'!

    Oh, and... I never use apostrophes when I type, um... too silly. Dont take Zylons job, mkay???

  25. #50
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: Sulphur, whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon Dawn View Post
    "Chamber" is too grand a term in its posturing, whereas TTLG is just a nice safe little bubble. But it still echoes, dont you worry about that darlin'!

    Oh, and... I never use apostrophes when I type, um... too silly. Dont take Zylons job, mkay???
    And here I was hoping for more Hillary laser gifs because I invoked some more psychobabble.

    An echo bubble is a financial term, and a quick google would have helped you not show yourself up as doubly ignorant, but it's too late for that now.

    As for your last point, I don't think ZB would want to touch your posts with a ten foot barge pole, to be honest, and I wouldn't blame him.

    Renz: fine, since we're all about at will, I'm outta here. SODDY DAISY, FREUNDEN
    Last edited by Sulphur; 30th May 2017 at 13:43.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •