TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Farcry 5: Because Everything Is Political!

I had a couple of days of somewhat relaxing time (even if I was horribly fatigued through most of it) and some fulfillment and I had no access to wifi (except my android which was uesful for quick 5mins-total communication with some people). I had almost nothing on my laptop, expect for Mushishi, which I watched 3 episodes of, that I enjoyed quite a bit. Partially because it's one of the best things ever made. Partially because I had almost no alternatives at that point in time (it's just a slighlty harder thing to get into than a meme on the internet, as it requires some of that pesky thing called thought and not hedonism-centered thoughts, which happens to be the main pattern that the current society is fueled by). Which got me thinking just now - shit like compulsively checking facebook multiple times a day generally comes from a place of deep loneliness. I wonder if that's universal, not just me, because, well, obviously this stuff has been said before, and also, because I just feel it. Same goes for ttlg, although maybe not to such a big degree because it requires a bit more effort to be in ttlg. So all those filthy fagets staying on facebook all day are probably pretty messed up and only feed their messed-uppedness further by staying on it. Myself included, as of the last half a year or so... Quitting facebook is not unlike quitting another socially accepted but bad-for-you drug - such as alcochol, or sweets. And in some ways it's even harder because if you're wired in with the system and the people that use this cancer, then you sometimes have objective reasons to check it (and it goes down from there, even if you are reasonably fulfilled in your actual life).

To have sometihng on topic (I think 5 pages of discussion is more than enough for the title of this thread anyway): Farcry 6 - Hitler Did Nothing Wrong

Edit: Oh, and probably improtant to append to this: I did came here out of loneliness as well. That's what made me want to share this feeling in the first place.
    Last edited by Thor; 18th Jun 2017 at 16:33.

Nowadays I'm mostly on Facebook to read interesting news articles, opinion pieces and movie/game stuff that's being shared by people. If it was just "check out the new puppy I got" and "my kid just turned 3" stuff I think I'd quit. I'd like to have interesting discussions with people I know, but Facebook's not really the place for that.

The reason I came to here in the first place was that I couldn't have interesting discussions with the people I knew about the subjects I cared about. Because they simply weren't interested in the stuff. A kind of loneliness.
    What I'm saying is: It may be Facebook but it may also be that your friends suck. Sad face.
    As for the guy wishing for a blaxploitation GTA4RE5HALO: It doesn't get much more inoffensive than ironically watching blaxploitation flicks nowadays. The Arena with Pam Grier anyone? Bushes a guy could hide in!
    And no, not all video games are political unless you put on your extra ideological goggles. Sure a lot are in some marginal way, but where is the politics in Duskers, NaissancE, Typhoon2001, or any shootemup, any sports game, any turret defense?

My friends suck? How funny that you should say that to me right now, when I'm given the best support a person could have by my friends and family, as I'm currently going through a tragic event now (which I might post about in due time). Piss off, Kolya.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I don't think that was meant to be taken so literally. I mean Kolya was basically saying that his friends on FB suck, so he came here instead.

In that case, I was mistaken and I apologize Kolya, and withdraw my comment. Even if it was directed at me, you have no way of knowing I can't handle such comments right now. Thing is, I just lost my wife, she passed away. I'm not myself right now. I think it's wise I just read TTLG for the time being and not post too much, before I make more mistakes.

EDIT: dear Facebook friends of mine on TTLG, please don't post anything about my wife's passing on Facebook, unless it's a direct message on Messenger. I want to announce it myself when I'm ready for it.

FINAL EDIT: also, this thread shouldn't turn into a condolence message thread about my wife's death. Please keep posting about the actual topic. Send me a PM if you want to say something to me.
    Last edited by Harvester; 22nd Jun 2017 at 18:09.

Sent you a PM.