TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New T2 FM: Return to the Lost City (4th June 2017)

This was a great FM and feels true to the original. I do have one issue however. The very last objective Return to the surface when you are done with all of your tasks. is not checking off for me and ending the mission.

Here's my save file: https://www.mediafire.com/?rtdehpbp6lcl70o

Did youfix the elevator in the mine? If you did once you climb up ladder go to the end of the street to the left.
    returning the way you started does not work.

Yep, I repaired it, opened the sealed wall and went back to the streets. I even pick-pocketed the guard roaming up there and knocked him out. Still nothing.

There are two ways to end the mission:
    1) backtrack all the way to where the mission started or
    2) when traveling through the mines and reaching the surface, turn left and head for the (texture) city gate

I loaded your save file and checked that both versions work, so you're literally just 4 meters away from reaching your final goal

Ha! I kept going to the other gate. Should've known it would be something so stupidly obvious.

Lovely mission, intruder! Finished with 1 secret out of 2 and missed around 100 loot. Will probably replay it in order to find what I've missed on my first playthrough. Thank you for this FM!

Awesome mission!

The only thing left for me is leaving the place. I wonder though whether there's a way to leave with the Nautilus? Or the possibility to play with the switches is only for fun?
    Though blowing up the gunpowder barrels on the rocks did not work for me, but I haven't found any use of them; unless they're there just for flavour.

I've only played a little, but I love the look and feel of it. Really well done. I love the use of water and craymen - they lend it a sunken-temple type feel.

Thanks intruder!

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Awesome mission!

The only thing left for me is leaving the place. I wonder though whether there's a way to leave with the Nautilus? Or the possibility to play with the switches is only for fun?
    Unfortunately that's not possible. The only thing you can do aboard the Nautilus is to turn on the steam boiler, which in turn will power up the lights and the engine.

Having a bit of trouble near the beginning I've gotten into the sewers but can't find the key for the gate. I've also found the keeper glyph but when I click it it only makes a sound, nothing else seems to happen. Unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible.

Any hint/help is much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by She Thief View Post
    Having a bit of trouble near the beginning I've gotten into the sewers but can't find the key for the gate. I've also found the keeper glyph but when I click it it only makes a sound, nothing else seems to happen. Unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible.
    Check the keeper glyph again. It opens up to a keeper hideout.

Where do I use the Keeper key?

Congrats on the release Steffen! I will be looking forward to playing tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Where do I use the Keeper key?
    If you walk down the ramp in the big cave where the ancient workshop is located (the one you'll reach by traversing a tunnel filled with crystals) and continue straight ahead, you'll find another tunnel that leads you to the right spot.

Thanks!

That's very good mission. Huge and tangled. Even so tangled that I sometimes couldn't find a new way and locations. But, after all, thanks, intruder!

There's only one question: how to open door after small broken bridge, above lava river and way to mines

There are two levers, one in a corner to the left of the door, the other one in a corner on the right side of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by H3H3 View Post
    Check the keeper glyph again. It opens up to a keeper hideout.
    The same here. No opening funcionality. No lockpick, no bomb, no fire arrow, no weapon opens the wall with the glyph. How it works ???

What version of Thief/NewDark are you using?

Still looking for 1 keeper medallion and some loot. Walking over the same ground over and over. Some hints on the location of the 2 secrets would be nice. Good mission but a little bit hard to navigate.

I'm late to the party, but wanted to say congrats on the release intruder! Sounds like we're in for some fun.. downloading, and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    Still looking for 1 keeper medallion and some loot. Walking over the same ground over and over. Some hints on the location of the 2 secrets would be nice. Good mission but a little bit hard to navigate.
    These are the locations of the Keeper medallions:
    - in the craymen cave, near the eggs
    - in the tunnel leading to the bay where Nautilus is docked
    - in the big temple, next to a tipped over column (the temple where gears are required to repair the door opening mechanism)
    - in the cave next to the three floating platforms
    - next to the skeleton on the upper deck of the Nautilus

The two secrets can be found here:
    Right at the beginning in the sewers, there is another hidden compartment in the small Keeper hideout. Pay close attention to the books.
    In the big temple (the one where you'll need gears to repair the door), there is a staircase right at the entrance. On the right-hand side of that staircase is a rock that can be picked up, revealing a hidden switch.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    What version of Thief/NewDark are you using?
    It is impossible for me to give you all informations because I installed Thief 2 complete with the "TafferPatcher_TMA_216_beta".

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Sahnebacke View Post
    It is impossible for me to give you all informations because I installed Thief 2 complete with the "TafferPatcher_TMA_216_beta".
    I think that's what your problem is. Check the Tafferpatcher thread, it's been updated to 'TafferPatcher_TMA_218_beta'.