TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New T2 FM: Return to the Lost City (4th June 2017)

Thanksfor the tipp, but the versions I have are all the samer or newer date. I try now the reinstalling of the missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    This might be an issue with TrapTimedRelay (gen.osm).
    I also wonder if this has something to do with the scripts being loaded twice in this mission (why?)
    Anyway, update your scripts
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/429s0f..._Bundle1.1.zip

Not at me!

The same procedure as every: after reinstall the mission (I start with FMSel 1.1.2) and going to the glyph I hear only the quiet sound while frobbing it, nothing else.

Ooooh, this makes my comment obsolete haha. Sorry for not noticing. Will make sure to give some feedback on it. Hold on. Gotta reinstall Thief first.

i like the fact there is 2 ways to go ,gives good replay vaule

Classical Master 2008
    This is embarrasing. I know there is a secret door in the Keeper hideout, and I have found it in one of the rooms, but try as I might, I can't find the operating mechanism. What am I missing?

[edit]Found it. No idea how I failed to find it after minutes of searching, but fail I did.
    Last edited by Melan; 18th Jun 2017 at 07:34.

Great level, I have completed everything but loot requirement, I'm not even close, are there some hidden stashes?

If by "stash" you mean "secrets", then there is only one containing loot. The vast majority of loot is more or less scattered openly across the mission.

I could imagine that the following loot is often overlooked by most players:
    spoiler:

- take a look at the collapsed and tipped-over columns in the big temple, there are two places where crystals can be found
    - smash all the icicles found in this one tunnel, as some contain a valuable core
    - on the left side of the big lava river (the one underneath the mines) there is a small "island" that apparently cannot be reached; shot a fire arrow at the base of the big stone collumn and a path will be revealed

This mission was terrific! A bit maze-heavy for my limited (read: non-existent) sense of direction, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

Some thoughts:

1. Is there any more to do in the secret burial chamber other than climb in the coffin and grab the ring and bracelet? After the dramatic cutscene and army of spiders I was expecting to find something a bit more important, to the point where I just kind of hung around the place checking every pixel of every texture WAY longer than I probably should have...
    2. The keeper areas are SOOO well hidden. I got all the way to the mission's exit above the mines without finding any of it. That said, after a whole lot of backtracking I did find it (mostly) on my own. They were worth the wait, though- that "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea" reference was unexpected and pretty damn amazing.
    3. I love rock-lava surfing, even if some of those fireballs along the way are total bullsh-t.
    4. I finished at about 10 gold above the required loot goal on expert, and near the end I was checking every conceivable corner. That was ROUGH.

Great mission Intruder, thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    If by "stash" you mean "secrets", then there is only one containing loot. The vast majority of loot is more or less scattered openly across the mission.

spoiler:

- take a look at the collapsed and tipped-over columns in the big temple, there are two places where crystals can be found
    - smash all the icicles found in this one tunnel, as some contain a valuable core
    - on the left side of the big lava river (the one underneath the mines) there is a small "island" that apparently cannot be reached; shot a fire arrow at the base of the big stone collumn and a path will be revealed
    Got the icicles and all..must keep exploring for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Sahnebacke View Post
    The same procedure as every: after reinstall the mission (I start with FMSel 1.1.2) and going to the glyph I hear only the quiet sound while frobbing it, nothing else.
    Email me your savegame and I'll take a look.

Please advise I have an elevator but I can not find the missing piece of cable

Quote Originally Posted by jardakrupka View Post
    Please advise I have an elevator but I can not find the missing piece of cable
    It's in a footlocker near the destroyed elevator.

Just got back from the Lost City and I've got to say my feet are sore but I had a wonderful time. I think I'm going to buy a new couch for my flat...like one of those fancy couches they have in The Ivory Rose. I hope The Keepers don't bother me any time soon. Makes me wonder how they EVER got along without me.

-Garrett-

Thank you so much for this awesome mission!
    It was so atmospheric, mysterious and starkly immersive; felt similar to some Thief 1 stuff, but with some new themes to it too.
    Completed on Expert and the secrets were so awesome rewarding too. I'm pretty sure I went through it in a very weird order, but that freedom of approach makes it all the more cool.
    I'm so glad that Thief has such talented people in its fanbase who are still producing this amazing content.

Yup, I missed the two cystals by the ceiling.

Didn't figure this out, but I did manage to rope down and somehow jump to the small island without taking damage. Never found a way to leave that little island without taking at least one hit from lava bursts, though. Luckily, I had exactly the required 6 hp left to survive it.

Was stuck for a long time because I didn't find the secret room in the Keeper place.

Thanks for a great mission with lots of fun gameplay!

There are two levers, one in a corner to the left of the door, the other one in a corner on the right side of the door.
    I don't get it I found a lever brfore crossing the bridge on the right, after crossing another broke bridge Is it one of the 2? Cannot find the other one

I think we were talking about two different temples here.

Now to your problem:
    You've already found the right lever, however, it won't open the door until you repair the door-opening-mechanism which is situated in the exact same room.
    The missing gear can be found in the ancient shipyard (the one you've just passed in order to reach the entrance of the temple).

Southquarter.com/fms
    Great mission intruder, I don't think LGS could have done it better (as far as "returning to the Lost City" goes). I'm stuck though, been going in circles looking for the safe haven. A previous post said it was near the Workshop. Is the Workshop the 2 long buildings where I got the gear?

Edit: OK, got it, found the passage to the Nautilus.
    Last edited by Brethren; 2nd Jul 2017 at 15:26.

Clues and Maps are (finally) HERE.

how to get past the lava island?

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeus21 View Post
    by getting good

sorry

Where exactly are you stuck?

I assume you are in the ravine with flowing lava?
    Sometimes an act of violence is needed
    More concrete hint: Use a fire arrow on the rock

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking Robot View Post
    I assume you are in the ravine with flowing lava?
    Sometimes an act of violence is needed
    More concrete hint: Use a fire arrow on the rock
    Can I get a screenshot? I spent many hours wandering in that maze and had no problem with the lava areas. But I'd like to get a screenie of that rock so that I can add it to the walkthrough I already posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Can I get a screenshot? I spent many hours wandering in that maze and had no problem with the lava areas. But I'd like to get a screenie of that rock so that I can add it to the walkthrough I already posted.
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/c3b361558944313