TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New T2 FM: Return to the Lost City (4th June 2017)

I finally got a chance to play this mission, and I must say I am very impressed. I see we have similar ideas about engines. Am I able to do anything by starting the engine or is it just for show?

That's just for show (and for turning on the lights).

Ok cool. I just didn't want to miss anything. Right now I'm just stuck and I don't know where to go. I seem to be endlessly running around in circles. One thing that would help is if you could tell me how to get to the area with the elevator shaft.

Assuming that you've already found the mines:
    There is a section in the mine where there are railway tracks on the floor. Right at the middle of this section, there is a mine shaft facing north-north-west (see Ricebug's walkthrough, Map B).

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2363528

Detailed maps...5 of them. Use them.

No I haven't found the mines yet, and thanks Ricebug.

Edit: I downloaded the maps zip but after reading the other pdf file I forgot I had the maps already.
    Last edited by john9818a; 13th Jul 2017 at 14:32.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    If by "stash" you mean "secrets", then there is only one containing loot. The vast majority of loot is more or less scattered openly across the mission.

I could imagine that the following loot is often overlooked by most players:
    spoiler:

- take a look at the collapsed and tipped-over columns in the big temple, there are two places where crystals can be found
    - smash all the icicles found in this one tunnel, as some contain a valuable core
    - on the left side of the big lava river (the one underneath the mines) there is a small "island" that apparently cannot be reached; shot a fire arrow at the base of the big stone collumn and a path will be revealed
    I made it to the small island and found enough loot to complete the objective, but now I can't get back up. The rope arrows won't drop down far enough for me to reach. I managed to hop onto one of the floating rocks and made it to a ledge down stream but I got seriously damaged by those mini fire explosions.
    Last edited by john9818a; 13th Jul 2017 at 14:47.

If you reached that ledge downstream, there are two possible paths to proceed:
    1. Extinguish the burning braziers and use them as platforms to reach the other side (the temple entrance).
    2. Take a look directly above you, there are various wooden platforms going all the way up (and they can be reached easily using rope arrows).

I was able to get out by using the beams above the ledge near the braziers, but I was referring to the beams toward the middle of the lava river.

i finished with 20 more loot than needed. Very nice mission Intruder.

for the life of me, I can't get to the mines to escape.
    I completed my objectives in the lower section, but now I need to get up a sheer cliff and I can't do it (I dropped down it on the way in, before swimming to the cray monument.)
    Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    for the life of me, I can't get to the mines to escape.
    I completed my objectives in the lower section, but now I need to get up a sheer cliff and I can't do it (I dropped down it on the way in, before swimming to the cray monument.)
    Any advice?
    I beta-tested this fine mission; it's been a while, but...

If you need to go back up to the areas with the temples, etc. when you are in the big area with the sheer cliff/waterfall, when you enter that room from the tunnel, take a left, and start jumping up, and up, and up... beware of spiders. Eventually, you'll be at a high area above the cliff with a spider. From there, you can jump back into the stream and continue.

That said, to find the mines...

You shouldn't need to go back up that cliff/waterfall. If you go far enough in the areas below that sheer cliff/waterfall, there's a big room with lots of lava with two fire elementals patrolling that you must cross to damaged stairs leading to the temple (and left to the lava river). Cross to those stairs, then make your way to the left to the safe ground on the far side of the room. Right enters the temple (and one of the objectives at Expert). Left enters the mines (it's very obvious when you're in the mines). Once in the mines, look for a passage behind you that eventually goes up, and look around for items to help you. Hopefully, you have at least one rope arrow.

Hope this helps!

- prjames

figured it out.
    From the sewers I had taken the left path, which cannot be reversed (looking at Ricebug's map A, I was around the swim up/swim down point in the NW, between the split and the monolith).
    I needed to explore the lava flow on map D which leads to the east side of map B. I think it had been mentioned, but I didn't pay attention because I wanted to figure things out... which I did, after a lot of frustration and backtracking

Actually, every path in this mission can be travelled in reverse as well.

I enjoyed this very much. Although the jumping parts were a bit frustrating I welcomed the challenge of the mission. I love lost places and the adventure feeling they give you. This is the first in a long while, that I had to load a earlier save. I enjoyed the need to really look or you'd be stumped. Well done!

I love a good lava mission! Downloading to play ... grateful to you for making this one!

Could I find that last keeper medallion near the crayman eggs ? I must have walked past it a dozen times & not noticed, also didn't spot the thing with the icicles

Nearly 6 hours play time 1845 loot found

Excellent mission, really enjoyed it, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zajazd View Post
    This really is better than the original, I enjoyed it a lot, 10/10, however I made all the way back and realized I wasn't supposed to, but to find the exit in mines
    I just want to make an update that I came back after more than 2 months (thankfully I make a lot of saves), found the elevator in mines, repaired it and completed this mission. This mission is up there with the best for me.

Just finishing it

Wow i'm just finishing your map. it bring me back 20 years early when i saw for the first time the lost city.
    Very pleasant to play adventure, 4h and 28 minutes for me really love it. Rated 4/5
    Bravo