TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 191

Thread: Attack on London Bridge!

  1. #26
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: Location, Location
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    How about something a bit more reasonable than either side's nutjobs? Fully open borders is stupid, and banning all travel with a black and white rule is stupid.

    I've also stated that multiple times before. None of you all cared to notice because for some reason, any criticism or displeasure with no questions asked, completely unregulated open borders makes you a raging white supremacist or something.
    You've stated a lot of things, in a lot of ways, and never really seemed to make a post that anyone could follow all the way to the end. You have a big problem with arguing effectively, it seems, and it's something you desperately need to work at if you want to be perceived as a reasonable individual who thinks reasonable things about the world's issues.

    You can see an example of this in your own reply you just gave. I asked you to lay out your stance on immigration policy, and you gave about the vaguest possible response. What you gave me provides NO details about how you want immigration policy to improve. Nothing that anyone can grab onto and use to arrive at a definite conclusion. Nothing of substance.

    Try again, harder this time. What would you change? Be specific.

  2. #27
    Taking a break
    Registered: Oct 2013
    Simple. Vet refugees...and start being willing to deport violent criminals. There was a recent case where a group of "asian men" gang raped a lady in London and the police response was to release them. In another incident in Germany the judge allowed a Turkish man to walk free because he came from a culture where rape would be perceived as "really wild sex"(I wish I was making that up: https://translate.google.com/transla...Vergewaltigung). Nevermind the foolishness of not even doing a medical screening for things like highly contagious diseases commonly found in certain areas.

    People like to make a big stink about European immigrants in the early 20th century, but that process was very different from what open borders advocates defend and it is dishonest for them to conflate the two.


    I could explain more at length, but that kind of reaction (obvious racism in that judge's statement aside) isn't going to help. Anyone who thinks that if you are just exceptionally nice to people from a war-torn region that it will cause them to suddenly understand that you're a good person and not do anything violent is sorely mistaken. How well do you think that would work out if you're a black person about to be hung by a KKK crew? Or a polish guy who was accosted for wearing a blue t-shirt in a bloods neighborhood while visiting LA?

    The world simply doesn't work like that unless you're in an environment completely free from predators. When you are dealing with people who have a predator psychology that kind of behavior only gets you marked as an easy target and singled out for more mistreatment.


    I'd also throw that barb back at you. The consensus opinion on the forum seems to be that terrorism is caused by anti-immigration laws and anti-immigrant sentiment on Social media. I have yet to see anything posted to support that claim.

  3. #28
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: The Land of Make Believe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    There was a recent case where a group of "asian men" gang raped a lady in London and the police response was to release them.
    Do you have a source for this "case"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    The consensus opinion on the forum seems to be that terrorism is caused by anti-immigration laws and anti-immigrant sentiment on Social media.
    An instance of anyone claiming anything like this would be welcome too, while we're at it.

  4. #29
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Nobody has fully open borders and accepts people without vetting. That argument is a non-starter. For example, in the US it takes on average 18-24 months of comprehensive multi-step security vetting and obviously much longer for some countries like Syria.

    And considering your track record with sources, Tony, you often are just making things up or falling for obvious lies/conspiracy theories. And even if that's not the case, anecdotes are no substitute for actual crime statistics that overwhelmingly confirm that immigrants are not especially prone to crime compared to the overall population.

    I'd also throw that barb back at you. The consensus opinion on the forum seems to be that terrorism is caused by anti-immigration laws and anti-immigrant sentiment on Social media. I have yet to see anything posted to support that claim.
    This is because nobody here believes that. For someone who accuses other of having caricatures in their heads just for asking questions, you seem to have some very odd beliefs yourself. A classic case of projection?

  5. #30
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: 1, Rotation: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    In another incident in Germany the judge allowed a Turkish man to walk free because he came from a culture where rape would be perceived as "really wild sex"(I wish I was making that up: https://translate.google.com/transla...Vergewaltigung).

    (...)

    (obvious racism in that judge's statement aside)
    Your wish has been granted, because you are making that up. As per usual, you quote a source and distort what it says to make it align with what you believe. The judge in the case made no such statement, and it certainly wasn't the basis for the acquittal, which, by the way, even the state's attorney sought. He was aqcuitted because intent could not be proved, as is apparently necessary for a conviction of rape. Those words about Turkish culture were made by the plaintiff herself, not the judge.

    You may not agree with the acquittal in this case (and, based on the details in the newspaper story, I don't), but nothing in the story supports your allegation that he was let off because of "Turkish sex culture". Even if it had been turned down for the reason you stated, which it didn't, what would it prove? That "Germany" lets Turkish men get away with rape because of their cultural background? They don't. This case is an outlier no matter what. To present it as representative of a misguided general leniency towards people from foreign cultures is dishonest.

    But that's not even the real point. Apart from your established pattern of making claims unfounded by the sources you provide, you are setting up armies of straw men for you to attack. Examples from your LAST TWO POSTS in this thread include:

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula
    for some reason, any criticism or displeasure with no questions asked, completely unregulated open borders makes you a raging white supremacist or something
    Nobody has even come close to claiming this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula
    Anyone who thinks that if you are just exceptionally nice to people from a war-torn region that it will cause them to suddenly understand that you're a good person and not do anything violent is sorely mistaken.
    Treating them with utter contempt is probably not very helpful, either. Really, what is the point of this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula
    The consensus opinion on the forum seems to be that terrorism is caused by anti-immigration laws and anti-immigrant sentiment on Social media. I have yet to see anything posted to support that claim.
    I have yet to see anything posted to support that claim.

    Oh, and one more thing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula
    Vet refugees...and start being willing to deport violent criminals
    In Germany, refugees are being held by the tens of thousands while they are being vetted, and violent criminals (as well as turned-down asylum seekers) are being flown back to their home countries on a daily basis. Would you like to suggest something else that isn't already being done as a matter of routine?

  6. #31
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Cologne
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    In another incident in Germany the judge allowed a Turkish man to walk free because he came from a culture where rape would be perceived as "really wild sex"(I wish I was making that up: https://translate.google.com/transla...Vergewaltigung).
    Fortunately you are making this up, or reading it with too much bias. The judge let the man go, because there was no intention to rape, it was credible that he might have believed the sex was consensual. The theory that he might have thought so because of his Turkish background was brought forth by the accusant in the trial, not by the judge.

  7. #32
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: The Land of Make Believe
    Tony caught inventing things again. I'm shocked, utterly shocked, by this development.

  8. #33
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Cologne
    Even from the google translation it's clear who said what. This seems more like a misunderstanding of how a court decision is made.
    Not blaming anyone. Even most journalists seem to have problems grasping this process. Consequently emotionally loaded trials are misrepresented in the press all the time.
    That's not the case here, though it could have been made clearer.

  9. #34
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Cologne
    What I'm not getting is what some guy rough fucking a girl on speed in the Mark Brandenburg has to do with those knifing assholes that were shot in London?
    I might have to read the previous posts for that, but I dread to see the chain of arguments that led to this.

  10. #35
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    What's the link? LOL

    That both incidents resulted from importing tons of barbarian savages into your lands...that's kind of the common denominator here.

  11. #36
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: The Land of Make Believe
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    Even from the google translation it's clear who said what. This seems more like a misunderstanding of how a court decision is made.

    You're being too kind. The only reason cases like this get widely publicised in the first place is because of confirmation bias. Racists go looking for anything to justify their prejudices, and dig things like this up, without really caring whether or not the spin they're putting on it is accurate. Never mind that 20 million Muslims in the EU woke up this morning without murdering or raping anyone.

  12. #37
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Cologne
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    What's the link? LOL

    That both incidents resulted from importing tons of barbarian savages into your lands...that's kind of the common denominator here.


    Of course. How stupid of me.
    I assume you wouldn't call yourself a racist. After all you're just telling the truth. Which happens to be kinda racist. But that's not your fault.
    The connection between these cases is clear as day if you're just willing to throw everyone who seems vaguely foreign to you into one big pile and label it "barbarian savages".
    But isn't this the textbook definition of racism? Please explain what racism is, in your opinion.

  13. #38
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    No matter how much you virtuously signal your anti-racism, anti-sexism, anti-fascism or whatever...they are still going to slaughter you.

  14. #39
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Yeah, people who call you out on your racism just want to appear virtuous in front of internet strangers. Because that makes sense somehow.

  15. #40
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: 1, Rotation: 0
    Yes, "they" are probably coming for me:

    My colleagues at work, bright people who are fun to work with.

    The nice family that owns the restaurant where my wife and I get our Döner every now and then.

    The short-order cook in our cantina, always jesting with the patrons while making them their burgers.

    The janitor in our apartment house, always polite and doing a good job.

    You know, those barbarian savages.

    They'll be out in the streets any day now, slaughtering everyone in their path. Don't you just know it?

    Edit: Ninja'd by Starker

  16. #41
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    "Race" isn't the issue, and is a red herring...The problem in the Middle East is the erroneous cultural programming, which results in fundamentally destructive beliefs to themselves and to our classically liberal Western civilization. This destructive conditioning has stunted their development, and effectively left them existing in a relatively "barbaric" condition, when compared to the advancements of Western civilization on the whole.

    Like the past, the future will not be distributed equally.

  17. #42
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Like the past, the future will not be distributed equally.
    Right now, what we need to worry most about isn't Islamic culture, but going down the same road they did.

    With the recent surge of isolationism, and the slow rise of Christian Dominionism, we're already taking our first baby steps down it.

  18. #43
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Cologne
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    No matter how much you virtuously signal your anti-racism, anti-sexism, anti-fascism or whatever...they are still going to slaughter you.
    You have fallen for an ideology that belittles virtues and doing good and revels in evil. You and the terrorists have a lot in common. You have my sympathy.

  19. #44
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Vertigo, DragonSand, Xeen
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Right now, what we need to worry most about isn't Islamic culture,
    Yes, quite right.

    What we need to worry about now, is that very soon Comey will be revealing a whole lot of *nothing* with Trumps blessing no less. Cant wait!



    [THERE IS A *LOT* OF SMOKE - THERE BETTER BE A GUN]

  20. #45
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    It's not with Trump's blessing. You have any idea how much shit would be stirred if he blocked his testimony?

  21. #46
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Vertigo, DragonSand, Xeen
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    You have any idea how much shit would be stirred if he blocked his testimony?
    With all due respect, sir, the people stirring the shit have already attempted to stir every last shit they had to stir, and it didnt get them anywhere. If anything, all that stirred shit just exposed them for whatever they truly were. Im not exactly worried about whomever, stirring shit yet again, because last time I checked? No collusion.

    Good day sir.

  22. #47
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Well yeah, the investigation is still ongoing as far as collusion is concerned. Unless you've got an insider in on the investigation, your assumptions on the issue are as likely as anyone else's.

    As for interference, it's pretty much accepted standard among everyone except the chucklefuck brigade by this point. Nikki Hayley, Trump's UN ambassador, and bonafide Republican, recently stated as much.

  23. #48
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Vertigo, DragonSand, Xeen
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    As for interference, it's pretty much accepted standard among everyone except the chucklefuck brigade by this point.
    Hhmm. The chucklefuck brigade, you say? I like it! Yeah, it def has a ring to it.

  24. #49
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    THE CHUCKLEFUCK BRIGADE IS NOT A GOOD THING TO BE IN, MOON!

  25. #50
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Vertigo, DragonSand, Xeen
    Oops.

    Sawry, I havent watched CNN/Fox in several days now!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •