TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 191

Thread: Attack on London Bridge!

  1. #151
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Ah, a half-Nazi, then.

  2. #152
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Landahn
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Nazism means National Socialism. I am against socialism, therefore not a Nazi.
    There wasn't anything remotely socialist about National Socialism either, despite what it may have been called.

  3. #153
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    You’re incorrect. I suspect that’s because you’ve been taught from birth that socialism is “nice” and just means the same thing as sharing. You probably just believe that socialism is automatically good while capitalism is automatically bad. The Nazis were bad, thus they can’t be socialists!


    BUT…from the 25-point program of the NSDAP, here are a few policies that I would consider Socialist in nature:

    Point 12: In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.

    Point 13: We demand the nationalisation of all (previous) associated industries (trusts).

    Point 14: We demand a division of profits of all heavy industries.

    Point 15: We demand an expansion on a large scale of old age welfare.

    From point 17: We demand a land reform suitable to our needs, provision of a law for the free expropriation of land for the purposes of public utility…

    From point 20: We demand the education at the expense of the State of outstanding intellectually gifted children of poor parents without consideration of position or profession.

  4. #154
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Nazism did have a socialist aspect during its nascent days, though it was quickly abandoned as the ideology started to solidify, and when things started getting nasty between the Nazis and the Communists.

  5. #155
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Landahn
    Once again you're confusing what the Nazis wrote on a piece of paper to the way they actually acted in real life. There was nothing socialist about the National Socialists, and to pretend otherwise is just your attempt to deflect from the fact that - for all intents and purposes - you act in the same exact way.

    Also, your quip about my stances on socialism and capitalism: you're incorrect.

  6. #156
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    The way the Nazi government "acted in real life" was to institute wage controls, price controls, and seize private businesses for state use. Sounds socialist to me.

    I agree there is a discrepancy between what was written down and what the people got. Yes, the people of Germany voted for the "nice, sharing" socialism and got the totalitarian socialism. That always happens, and that's how it's supposed to work - just look at Venezuela.

  7. #157
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Landahn
    The way the Nazi government acted in real life was to discriminate against others based solely on their religious affiliation, skin colour or ancestry*. Sounds like Krush to me.


    * To put it mildly.

  8. #158
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    You’re incorrect. I suspect that’s because you’ve been taught from birth that socialism is “nice” and just means the same thing as sharing. You probably just believe that socialism is automatically good while capitalism is automatically bad. The Nazis were bad, thus they can’t be socialists!
    Jesus, no wonder you're scared of everything. You've built this strawman monster in your head you're now railing against.

    First off, the Nazis were pretty much straight Fascists with a heavy racial bent thrown in for good measure.

    When you're talking about Socialism, keep in mind that there are two definitions of Socialism that currently floating about these days: Marxist Socialism, and Welfare State Capitalism.

    No one thinks the former is a good idea, despite what all the people on Reddit and 4Chan claim. You won't see anyone advocating for the collectivization of all property and industry these days. A private and public sector is pretty much the default standard for anything and everything in the Western world.

    The latter is, well, it's what we are. What we have been since the mid 30's to varying degrees. It started off with the New Deal, and has fluctuated since. The American economy in the 50's and 60's is probably the gold standard for this particular form of government, which was a public sector that helped subsidize a healthy, decentralized private sector, providing base needs for its people, giving them the tools to excel on their own. I doubt anyone would call Eisenhower or 50's Americana Communists.

    Secondly, since the argument over how much and how far the government should provide its citizenry has been around since time immemorial, you're gonna find some overlap throughout the various implementations of Classical Liberalism, Welfare Statism, Fascism, and Communism. Just because one group advocates, say, a large scale old age welfare system doesn't make it, by itself, Marxist of Fascist. Everything's on a multi-axis gradient, and there are about 50,000 other points that make something what it is, and to say that "Oh, well this ethos has 5 points I disagree with, therefore..." is overly simplistic thinking.

  9. #159
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    Sounds like Krush to me.
    Oh yeah I forgot about all the dead Jewish people in my basement. YOU GOT ME THERE!

  10. #160
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    MISREAD! DERP ON ME!

  11. #161
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Landahn
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot about all the dead Jewish people in my basement. YOU GOT ME THERE!
    Just be careful those socialists don't take away your basement!

  12. #162
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    For the good of the state, your basement has been seized!

  13. #163
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    Jesus, no wonder you're scared of everything.
    Yeah, you like to use this little rhetorical tool of mocking me by saying I'm "scared" or "cowardly" because I'm concerned about children being shredded by nail bombs at concerts, run over by ISIS truck drivers and so forth.

    You're perfectly free to give no fucks about the invasion of Western Civilization by Islam. Sure, walk around downtown without a care in the world.

    But it's a bit much for you to mock people for trying to keep children out of the line of fire. I guess during the Battle of Britain, all those mothers who rushed their kids to air-raid shelters were cowards huh? They should have just stood tall in their front yards, defiantly waiting to be shredded.

  14. #164
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Yeah, you like to use this little rhetorical tool of mocking me by saying I'm "scared" or "cowardly" because I'm concerned about children being shredded by nail bombs at concerts, run over by ISIS truck drivers and so forth.
    I thought we were talking about Socialism itt.

    Though in the end, yours is the cartoon version of world affairs. A greatly caricaturized, black and white version of everything going on around us. I mock you for your emotional pandering, and complete lack of nuance.

  15. #165
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    Emotional pandering? I'm the one getting called a literal Nazi just for wanting to end immigration.

    Can you elucidate on the nuanced shades of grey in little girls being shredded by nail bombs? Not seeing it.

  16. #166
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Can you elucidate on the nuanced shades of grey in little girls being shredded by nail bombs? Not seeing it.
    That's a better example of emotional pandering than I could ever provide.

    Obviously, it's a good idea to ban billions of people from access to the 1st world because PICTURES OF DEAD BABIES! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

  17. #167
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: London / London / London
    You've (krush) got the wrong end of the wrong stick, dude. And i'm not sure about where you're trying to stick it, either.

  18. #168
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    it's a good idea to ban billions of people from access to the 1st world
    Access? Our countries, communities and homes are not a public service. We don't exist to feed, house and hospitalize millions of third-world beggars. They don't have a right to come here. Inviting the whole world to take everything we have is a choice made by our leaders. New leaders could make a different choice.



    PICTURES OF DEAD BABIES! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
    The invasion of Germany was allowed mainly because Merkel saw that picture of a dead Syrian baby washed up on a beach.

  19. #169
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Access? Our countries, communities and homes are not a public service. We don't exist to feed, house and hospitalize millions of third-world beggars. They don't have a right to come here. Inviting the whole world to take everything we have is a choice made by our leaders. New leaders could make a different choice.
    No, we're inviting them to take part in it, strengthening ourselves in the process. Other than our occasional bouts of isolationism, that has been the de facto standard of the western world since at least the 18th century. Free markets require free movement of labor and all that.

    The invasion of Germany was allowed mainly because Merkel saw that picture of a dead Syrian baby washed up on a beach.
    There you go again with your emotionally laden retorts. The "invasion" of Germany. Yeah, okay there, bud.

    Also, isn't it a bit hypocritical on your part to call out Merkel for being swayed by the same things you are, albeit in the opposite direction?

  20. #170
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Chicago, IL
    Yes I see how they "strengthen" us LOL: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ims/100456310/


    Free markets require free movement of labor
    I explained in the Trump thread how this is not true. Not going through it again...OK guys I'm done. Enjoy your gang rape and periodic nail bombs.
    Last edited by Krush; 12th Jun 2017 at 16:32.

  21. #171
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    As if we didn't have these things before the Muslims showed up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Yes I see how they "strengthen" us LOL: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ims/100456310/
    Yeah, well it's not very hard to find a few good examples of assholes. That's the way it's always been, and the way it always will be.

    But what you're doing is using the occasional asshole examples, and applying it to the whole in order to better damn them. Nevermind the fact that there are millions of Indians in our country improving our tech support and gas station infrastructure, this one guy cuts up kids. THEY'RE ALL BARBARIANS, I TELLS YA! THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF BLAH BLAH BLAH IMMIGRANTS!
    Last edited by Renzatic; 12th Jun 2017 at 16:44.

  22. #172
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: London / London / London
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    OK guys I'm done.
    I'm going to hold you to that one.

  23. #173
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Cologne
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Nazism means National Socialism. I am against socialism, therefore not a Nazi.
    Spoiler: The Nazis also weren't really socialists.

    //I see N'Al beat me to it one page ago. Nevermind, carry on with your hate filled ideology.

  24. #174
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Vertigo, DragonSand, Xeen
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Emotional pandering? I'm the one getting called a literal Nazi just for wanting to end immigration.

    Can you elucidate on the nuanced shades of grey in little girls being shredded by nail bombs? Not seeing it.
    I told you Krush. Politicians do not care about us, only the ever advancing agenda. You described it better with the Globe Trotters thing. The whole thing is a wash! I do wait for the day when the people throw away the politicians, as both parties are bent on destroying the very people who pay for their collective sin.

    And yet, even folks like Renzatic, who are truly staunch Democrats, sometimes seem happily oblivious to the corruption of it all. The best Democrats strictly adhere to the agenda, no matter what, no matter how petty it has to be at times. I dont need to insult anyone here to make my point seem better. You know that has *never* been my style.

    And now, a video that describes ones feelings about *all* politicians:



    Oh yeah, peace out!


  25. #175
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: The Land of Make Believe
    Where do I sign up to get gang raped by hot Eastern European chicks?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •