TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Let the Summer Sales commence

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Indeed. Galaxy just updated to v1.2 and I see it even has a screenshot function now! Between that, auto-updates, and built-in forums it's starting to have all the features of Steam that I love. Not bad, GOG!
    They only JUST added cloud saves in like March/April this year (alongside screenshots). Only took them 2 years.

If they want to compete with the Steam client they should dive into the pool head first, not umm and arrr on sideline for a few years.

Flower's point of Galaxy not doing delta updating (which Steam has been doing for ~5 years now) is just another example of them lagging well behind the market leader.

Galaxy should be on par with the 2017 Steam client, not the 2011 one.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yeah why can't they hurry up and find these top-tier engineers and just pump that shit out in a few months

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

CD Projeckt is the EA of Poland, mate. They should be able to afford to hire a software development team who doesn't take 2 years to catch up to the competition.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Eva, I can't speak to money made from GOG, but CD Projekt really didn't hit it big until Witcher 3. Yes, 1 and 2 did well, but not THAT well. Perhaps this is why we're seeing all the new changes coming more rapidly now?

Getting back to the topic, I just bought Don't Starve despite hating survivals and crafting games. Few tries in and I am adoring it. It just has so much charm, from the very opening, menus, music, art style, to the little funky trombone-y sound that plays in lieu of your character talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    Eva, I can't speak to money made from GOG, but CD Projekt really didn't hit it big until Witcher 3. Yes, 1 and 2 did well, but not THAT well. Perhaps this is why we're seeing all the new changes coming more rapidly now?

Getting back to the topic, I just bought Don't Starve despite hating survivals and crafting games. Few tries in and I am adoring it. It just has so much charm, from the very opening, menus, music, art style, to the little funky trombone-y sound that plays in lieu of your character talking.
    Yep, that would be it.

Past few years have been great for my eclectic tastes as a lot of things that I liked before they were cool are going mainstream with the Witcher and Persona series being the best examples I can cite in this particular subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    I've played some Don't Starve Together with friends in the past. I wonder if a larger-scale TTLG game would be fun?
    Apparently you can set up a dedicated server to allow larger player numbers.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I'm trying to find an end date to the GOG sale and not having much luck. There's a few things I want to pick up, but if they go on sale in the Steam summer sale next week for the same amount, I'd rather just have them in my Steam account.

Tuesday, June 20, 10PM UTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    I've played some Don't Starve Together with friends in the past. I wonder if a larger-scale TTLG game would be fun?
    Apparently you can set up a dedicated server to allow larger player numbers.
    id be down for some coop :]

Thing What Kicks
    Picked up The Division thanks to it being cheap and also having the option to get an additional 20% discount by trading in 100 Ubi points. Seem pretty cool so far, although I'm sure would be better with some co-op buddies

Level 10,000 achieved
    Mmm, yeah I might be up for some Divisioning!

By the way, the Oculus Store Summer Sale is starting (by my calculations) in 3 hours!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Picked up The Climb, Edge of Nowhere, Landfall, Raw Data, Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes and Ultrawings in the Oculus sale. But that's enough, my wallet can now rest safely. Oh wait, what's that coming over the horizon? The Steam Summer Sale is about to start in an hour and a half? OH NOOOOOOO

Chakat sex pillow
    DIVE DIVE DIVE, HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!!!

Actually, it'll probably be okay. The past few sales were underwhelming in terms of discounts, so no need for mucho hype. I'm looking at RE7 if it gets a decent price cut and a buncha indie titles that look like they can paddle my raft, if you know what I mean.

No discount on Dishonored 2? Looks like I can safely skip this sale then. From the last sale I still have Hitman, the Witness, Deus Ex HR, Doom, Firewatch, and Ethan Carter to start/finish, plus the last Dark Souls expansion, which I haven't touched yet.

Eh? The sale doesn't start for another 17min.

Chakat sex pillow
    Began 45 minutes ago over here, where we're living in the future.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Awww yeah, it's on. I've only spent about 30 bucks on Steam this year, time to make up some ground.

50% is the new 75%.

When I posted that the front sale page was loading but Dishonored wasn't on sale. Looks like it's 50% off now. I dunno. I still might wait and just finish what I have.

Chakat sex pillow
    If Ethan Carter's your bag, Aja, I'd say you should do Edith Finch as well. Matter of fact, I'd say Edith Finch is better than many whole Ethan Carters.

Picked up the following 3 games for AUD$4-5 dollars each: Steamworld Heist; Middle-earth SOM; Goetia.

I was thinking about getting Tellltale's latest Walking Dead but after just competing the incredible The Last of Us I think it would probably be better to wait for some time as I would probably be disappointed.

Picked up Steamworld Heist as it's 66% off. Nothing else interests me that's discounted or doesn't have a big enough discount to interest me.

If the following got to 70% off or better I'd get them:

* Dawn of War 3 (very unlikely)
    * Dead Cells (HIGHLY unlikely)
    * Friday The 13th (I'm not much into multiplayer only games, but this game looks fantastic + I'm a HUGE fan of the movies)
    * Owlboy
    * Prey (very unlikely)
    * Space Hulk - Deathwing
    * Tyranny
    * Wonderboy - The Dragon's Trap Remaster

Pulled the trigger on Mankind Divided, Dying Light, and Deserts of Kharak today.

Probably going to grab Rise of the Tomb Raider, Stardew Valley, and Blood Bowl II before the sale is over.

Also gonna grab Homeworld: Cataclysm from GOG.

And grabbed Strife - Veteran Edition as that's currently 75% off.

Thing What Kicks
    I'm touting it everywhere, but may as well do so here. If you haven't already bought it (and Steam tells me only a couple of you taffers have), BUY HITMAN.
    It's a better immersive sim than the latest Deus Ex or Dishonored games!