TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Let the Summer Sales commence

What I'd add to that is that Hitman is the first of these games where I didn't just like the concept and mission design but the actual moment-to-moment gameplay. It's also exemplary in that you have several options allowing for an obvious trail of murdercrumbs to no guidance whatsoever, making it a great fit whether you like to be told what to do or whether you want to find everything out yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    * Dead Cells (HIGHLY unlikely)
    Don't expect that to get more than 50% off until 2019 or later. Also, it's worth the non-discounted price.

Finally picked up Dishonored 2. Easy decision was easy.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Picked up Steamworld Heist as it's 66% off.
    You have chosen wisely. Great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    I'm touting it everywhere, but may as well do so here. If you haven't already bought it (and Steam tells me only a couple of you taffers have), BUY HITMAN.
    I'm gonna have to finally buy it, aren't I?

Also got my eye on Cloudlands VR Minigolf, Valdis Story and Volo Airsport. And maybe some 2D platforming in the shape of Hollow Knight, Ori, or Dead Cells?

Also, God bless the people who keep making these things:

I finally picked up a Steam Controller. My hope is, that way, I actually get to make some use of my Steam Link, rather than have it sit there gathering dust.

Level 10,000 achieved
    That's how they get you.

I bought a Steam Link thinking it would mean I'd get some use out of my Steam Controller. So now instead of one I have two Valve devices sitting there gathering dust. _

Must admit my decision to buy a Rift instead of a Vive was partly because I'd feel like a real dummy if I bought another one of their hardware experiments that ended up just gathering dust.

Fret not, I'm sure Valve will soon offer their own feather duster!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Oh man, you think? I gotta get that, it's exactly what I need!

Scratch that. I'm waiting for them to offer a rental service; 100 a day for someone to come round your house and play your games for you! Your Steam peripherals will never gather dust again!

Chakat sex pillow
    I used to that for a friend back in school for free. In retrospect, I feel so used.

My Steam peripherals have the opposite problem of gathering grime and wear from fanatic overuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    If Ethan Carter's your bag, Aja, I'd say you should do Edith Finch as well. Matter of fact, I'd say Edith Finch is better than many whole Ethan Carters.
    Not sure if it's my bag; it's just that I played Everybody's Gone to the Rapture last year and kinda liked it, and then I played Virginia and kinda liked that, though they both had problems, especially Virginia. I like the idea of walking simulators, and EGTTR at least had great graphics and decent writing and acting, but I kinda feel like the whole "no traditional gameplay" philosophy these types of games seem to have limits them more than it helps.

I've added Edith Finch to my wishlist, though, so I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually!

Chakat sex pillow
    Well, if you're okay with the limited interactivity aspect and lack of player agency w.r.t the narrative, WRoEF is absolutely lovely for the kinds of stories it tells. I'll have to caution you that it is fairly short, though; about 2.5 hours or so, but I came away from it very satisfied.

Southquarter.com/fms
    It can't be just me - how poor is the Steam app/web page sometimes? I go to Activity, half the time there's nothing there. I try to search for game that I know exists, nothing comes up. And now when you search, they left the words "search the store" in the search box so I have to clear that out first before searching.

And it would be kind of nice if during a sale, I could just checkmark a bunch of games in my wishlist and send them all to my shopping cart at the same time, instead of having to go: Visit Store Page, Add to Cart, Continue Shopping, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat.

It all just seems kind of like amateur hour for the behemoth that Steam is. It really should be better.

I'm not that hot on the steam controller but have played a fair bit with the Steam link since I got it, although I'd play it a lot more if I didn't have a PS4 connected to the same TV. Some games just look much better on a bigger screen, whereas others are better suited to the man cave.

@ Brethren, re Steam performance: it doesn't do that to me that often but they had major issues with the service for a short time today.

Thing What Kicks
    Yeah, the shopping cart functionality or lack thereof is really shonky. Why on earth there isn't a cart icon in the top right corner next to the wallet and Big Picture icons boggles my mind.

The Steam shop is always notoriously buggy during the first day of a new sale.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ok, splurged BIGTIME and got

Hitman, Full first season
    Lisa - very hilarious and depressing, I hear.
    Insane 2 - Will it be as insane as the first game, 1NSANE? Well, this one has it's letters and numbers in more sane places, so that's a strike against it right there.
    Cloudlands VR Minigolf - I'm looking forward to having A BALL. A golfball.

Moderator and Priest
    I bought the Disney Afternoon Collection. It is good.

I'm trying to find any excuse not to buy that one. I mean, Darkwing Duck ffs.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Turns out I was wrong about Insane 2's conventional spelling, when I start the game up I'm greeted by it's proper title: IN2ANE. Perfect. This one's made by a different developer than the first one, but I'm glad they're honoring the original's ridiculously spelled title. I played a good 82 minutes of this today, and came away very impressed. The handling's great, it looks good and runs buttery-smooth.

The handling feels more like Flatout 2 than the original 1nsane. And while I was originally worried it would just be conventional races, I soon found out it also includes my favourite mode from the original, the Jaboree. In this mode checkpoints appear in random locations in an open world setting and you have to figure out the best path to get to them first. Also, the next gate is never revealed until someone has driven through the currently active one, so there's a bit of a tactical element to it as well. If you see someone else is getting close to scoring a point, do you keep driving in their direction or do you try to guess where the next gate will appear and head over there instead?

Anyway, great little arcade racer. Well worth €5. I see the developer is the same team who made BlazeRush, which is a Micro Machine-esque thing I enjoyed very much.

Another "under the radar"-game, I wanna give a shout out to: POLLEN, a "first person sci-fi exploration game", which looks quite nice. Yeah it has Mixed reviews on Steam, but the main complaint seems to be about the €25 price tag. Welp, it's currently €3. I picked it up, but haven't played it yet.
    Last edited by henke; 25th Jun 2017 at 10:37.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysmal View Post
    I'm trying to find any excuse not to buy that one. I mean, Darkwing Duck ffs.
    What? Darkwing Duck was and still is awesome. You should buy it.

Got FTL, Pony Island, Devil Daggers, System Shock 1 (yay finally!) and XCOM2: Reinforcement Pack (in preparation for War of the Chosen... knowing my luck the expansion will have all those DLCs in the package though). Still thinking about Strife and Sunless Sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    What? Darkwing Duck was and still is awesome. You should buy it.
    Yeah, my meaning is that it's awesome. I rented the crap out of that game. I'll be picking this up shortly.

Duck Tales more like it. Come on.

Picked up a few odds and ends today due to discounts:

* Arx Fatalis (75%)
    * Call of Cthulu - Dark Corners of the Earth (75%)
    * Heretic and Hexen collection (75%)
    * Watch Dogs 2 DLC - No Compromise DLC (50% off)