TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Let the Summer Sales commence

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    I was thinking of posting here to recommended this - it's a great game (if rather buggy), and it's a steal for €1.25.
    I replayed it recently, and immediately wanted to steal ideas from it for my own game.

To play it on modern systems, you need to get DCoTE Tools, a fan-made patcher.
    You'll want the options "Skip the blue light bug!" and "Double time for escape sequence", as those two bugs make the game almost unwinnable, and sadly they were never properly fixed.

Also, strongly recommend that you change the affinity of the game to only use a single core (either through task manager or via that tool that used to be around) - the game has a habit of crashing if you don't.

Oh, and if you have trouble with the ends of conversation lines sometimes being cut off, you can turn on subtitles, though they do diminish the atmosphere a little.
    Has anyone patched the game to support widescreen? Last time I installed it, widescreen resolutions caused the screen to look squashed.

I didn't really notice it being squashed when I played it (on my 16:10 monitor.)
    The unofficial patcher lets you adjust the FOV if you must, but since that function is not supported for the Steam version of the game, you'd presumably need to acquire an original (e.g. non-Steam) exe from somewhere.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards Hollow Knight too, because it's finished, and cheaper.
    Tell me what you think after you've played it for a bit.

Then get Dead Cells this winter. I think it's going to be completely finished by then.

And I second what Brethren said. Definitely pick up Dishonored 2. Fantastic game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    Picked up Shadow of Mordor - neat, but I am getting slaughtered. There's a million orcs everywhere so I get swarmed. Finally manage to take one chief that only had a small group around him. However, I had to pick all the guards stealthy first. I'm kind of not looking forward to heaving to stealth-pick 20-40 orcs each time I want to fight a chief tho :/
    Just button mashing E (with the occasional F key thrown in for good measure) combined with random left and right clicks seems to have worked well for me so far -- I'm not that far into it yet but so far no deaths, 2 chiefs down and their mobs displaced without much issue. I do hope that the gameplay becomes a little more interesting though as the game progresses.

Had some unexpected extra cash to spend, so for the Steam sale I've gotten Rise of the Tomb Raider, HITMAN Season 1, Anima Gate of Memories, Blade Kitten, GUILTY GEAR 2 - OVERTURE-, and Onechanbara Z2: Chaos.

Been working my way through Rise, which plays as expected. The rest should provide plenty of stuff to do (on top of my existing backlog) for the forseeable future.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Busted out a Benjamin for the Steam sale this year, picked up a bunch of games I've had my eye on for a while. I've been on a retro 2D kick lately, so I picked up Starbound, Owlboy, Axiom Verge, Valdis Story, and Titan Souls. These all look excellent, excited to try them out.

Also picked up some indie stealth games - Unaided, Filty Lucre, 2Dark, Qasir Al Wasat, and Party Hard. I'm sure these will all be very hit and miss, so we'll see.

Lastly, I grabbed Salt & Sanctuary, Syndrome, and Layers of Fear, because they looked cool and have been on my wishlist for awhile.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Full list of games in the Xbox #UltimateGameSale. Applies to Windows 10 Store too, sale ends July 10th.

Outlast for $3 is a good deal. Good setup, then the first 60-90min are slow and seem like a dull indie horror game. Then it really picks up and becomes genuinely scary.

Outlast is one of my favourite horror games ever; I didn't really like where they took the ending too however. The sequel is also fairly cheap at the moment but I think I'll wait for while as I've ended up with quite a few games this sale.

Some other games I've just picked up in addition to the others I mentioned include Hollow Knight, Betrayer, Lara Croft GO and Talisman DE.

Picked up a couple things to distract me from sweltering this summer:

• We Happy Few An early access, open world, survival game with monty python-esque touches of humour.
    • Submerged For some relaxing exploration in a beautiful setting.
    • Outlast: Whistleblower DLC For some non-relaxing exploration in a non-beautiful setting.

verbose douchebag
    Not been going crazy, because my backlog is the stuff of a Homer epic, but I did pick up THIS LITTLE BEAUTY, which by god is one of the msot fun things I've played in ages. Very good for sustained play or for just picking up for a mission or two at the end of a long day. I keep meaning to try and get back into occasional multiplayer with the TTLG crew and if that ever happens (job + evening class + child = very few uninterrupted periods where I can game without needing a pause option), I think this game could be a great one to put into rotation.

The graphics may not be up to much, but a good side effect of that (possibly intentional) is that it allows for stupendous amounts of enemies on screen. Think Serious Sam + Starship Troopers + Japanese silliness + bonkers weapons and you're there.

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    I'm touting it everywhere, but may as well do so here. If you haven't already bought it (and Steam tells me only a couple of you taffers have), BUY HITMAN.
    It's a better immersive sim than the latest Deus Ex or Dishonored games!
    Done!

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    The graphics may not be up to much, but a good side effect of that (possibly intentional) is that it allows for stupendous amounts of enemies on screen. Think Serious Sam + Starship Troopers + Japanese silliness + bonkers weapons and you're there.
    You forgot collateral damage that tends to leave the city you're "protecting" completely destroyed. Though that is mostly once you get some better weapons.

verbose douchebag
    Like I said, it's great fun.

Chakat sex pillow
    It's even better when you're playing with other people, as Jesh and I have been doing. I'd *nudge nudge hint hint* but you've already done the groundwork. If it works out, a team of us on that could have lots of fun causing ridiculous amounts of collateral damage.

verbose douchebag
    My ability to find time for multiplayer is legendarily bad (just ask Thirith), but if any of you lot end up playing, please take videos!

Moderator and Priest
    Fear not the summer, my friend, and let the sale...commence.

Alien Isolation is currently 75% off. If you've not played this game I HIGHLY recommend it. Grab it while it's cheap.

Moderator and Priest
    Okay, so I bought ONE more game, though I said I wasn't.

Nex Machina. So far, it's pretty fun.

This sale is lame. I think the only thing I've found so far that meets my requirements (at least 50% off, $10 or less, may actually play it) is Xanadu Next.

Steam isn't exactly the first place I'd think to buy software, but I've just picked up Substance Painter and Substance Designer there, since they were two thirds of the price of buying directly from Allegorithmic.

Okay, it's on.
    I have to actually make a game with these now.

Since Parcelforce are utterly useless I finally received my Steam Controller yesterday. Let's see what this thing can do...

verbose douchebag
    Ah, Parcelfarce.

Amen.