TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: E3 2017 IS HAPPENING

Ok. Yesterday I watched the Bethesda conference. Highlights:

* Dishonored 2 DLC
    * Wolfenstein 2 (misleading title but meh).

And that's about it. Though the Microsoft trailers shown in the video (I linked earlier) were interesting. Assassin's Creed - Origins looks good.

Today I watched the PC Gaming Show conference. Highlights:

* Age of Empires Remastered
    * Battletech
    * Shadows of War
    * XCOM 2 Expansion

And a few of the indie titles looked interesting. This conference felt more organised than the previous 2 I'd watched (EA and Bethesda's). Solid content throughout. Tomorrow I'll watch the Ubisoft Conference. Was funny when the dev from the Age of Empire's team mentioned developing games for DOS and there was dead silence from the crowd as most of them probably don't even know what that is/was. I'm getting old I think .
    Last edited by icemann; 13th Jun 2017 at 10:48.

Awesome to see another expansion is coming out for XCOM 2.

A game that I've been following for a couple of months called Hellblade made an appearance at E3. Quite an interesting concept and worthwhile taking a look at the development video.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pV6PPpvUDJE
    Last edited by twisty; 13th Jun 2017 at 11:58.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Just when I was starting to regret buying a Switch, Metroid Prime 4 is announced. Nothing to see yet besides a logo, but, well, at least it's something. Plus - Super Mario Odyssey is out much sooner than expected (Oct 24th). Check out the trailer, game looks kind of insane.

Moderator and Priest
    I'd be excited, IF I COULD FIND A DAMN SWITCH TO BUY!

Oh well, maybe I'll finally have one when the game comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Whaaat. Oh hell no. Now I have to get one.

It's been 10 years since they ended on that cliffhanger with Sylux's ship. There was a brief cameo in Federation Force, but now we'll finally get to see what's up.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I'd be excited, IF I COULD FIND A DAMN SWITCH TO BUY!
    Maybe you could if you have a good, long look around town from top to bottom. Ohohohoho *snert*

Ahem.

Moderator and Priest
    Get out.

I couldn't sit through the Wolfenstein trailer. I don't want my games to be cinematic; I want them to be weird and fun. Good thing I got a Switch because Mario Odyssey looks pretty weird and fun. And I was actually kinda hoping (but not expecting) they'd announce a new Metroid, so I'm for sure excited about that. Now they just have to get the virtual console going so I can buy Super Metroid and Mario 64 for like the 12th time.

Moderator and Priest
    I don't think Nintendo is going with the oldschool VC routine with the Switch, Aja. From what I've read, it seems they're doing something more akin to Netflix, where you pay $20 a year to gain access to their library of old games (and multiplayer for modern games, if you're so interested).

If it's true, I'm not sure what to think of it. $20 a year is hardly a steep price to pay, but I do like owning my games.

I haven't been keeping up, but I'd actually be fine with that as long as the price was reasonable. And especially if it somehow includes Gamecube games.

Moderator and Priest
    I'd love to see Gamecube games, but I doubt they'll push it beyond the SNES.

Oh, and speaking of Metroid, Nintendo is remaking Metroid 2 for the 3DS. Explains why they shut down AM2R.

Southquarter.com/fms
    That VC plan for the Switch actually sounds like a steal - I probably shelled out over 2-300 bucks for old school stuff on the Wii U over a span of 2 years or so.

Renz, if you really want it, you can buy my Switch from me.

Psyche.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I'd love to see Gamecube games, but I doubt they'll push it beyond the SNES.
    Surely at least through the N64, as it was with the Wii U?

Moderator and Priest
    Possibly. I'd assume anything they had on the Wii-U VC, they'll try to include on the Switch, especially the 1st party stuff.

Also, you're a bastard.

Southquarter.com/fms
    One big bummer this year for E3 is no word on The Last of Us Part 2. I can only assume that means that it's more than a year out, and we probably won't see it until late 2018.

Watched the Ubisoft conference and GOD DAMN. This was the best one so far. I pretty much really liked every game they showed except for the racing and singing/dancing ones.

Transference looks really interesting. Like FMV games of the 90s taken into VR. Dayam. The Mario game looks excellent. Mario XCOM kinda. That's a combo I never expected. Assassin's Creed looked great, Beyond Good and Evil 2 - great. Felt like a family of people. Great great conference.

Tomorrow, Playstation conference.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Transference looks really interesting. Like FMV games of the 90s taken into VR. Dayam.
    Zero gameplay was shown of this, just footage of Elijah Wood fellating himself.

One big bummer this year for E3 is no word on The Last of Us Part 2.
    Brah, tLoU2 was shown on stage.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Not in that video it wasn't.

I saw multiple articles explaining why it wasn't shown at E3, and also a Tweet from Neil Druckman. Maybe they snuck something in later, but I haven't seen it myself.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...-isnt-e3-2017/

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE HYPE THAN THE MOUNTAIN VS THE VIPER!!!!!

Nah, nothing will ever be (or come close, from bullshit fictional land)

But if they reveal something as nice as The Witness I might become interested *probably* in another life. Jejejejeje. (massive assumption that I have one ofc)

But ya, if we're real, I can't relate to how anyone has any interest in video games anymore. It's more fascinating than anything else to me at this point.

Chakat sex pillow
    Indeed, video games are pretty passť to us especially at this stage of our lives where we post about our lack of enthusiasm for them on a forum dedicated to a bunch of video games.

Sorry, I know it's out of place. I just cannot get the appeal anymore, as much as I want to. WHY is it so boring now.

Tho I do agree with N'Al or someone similar that it should indeed be about cubes. So that we could have some world-class puns. Like in Lolicon Valley.

Chakat sex pillow
    That's really up to you to find out. If you used them as a release valve in the past, maybe you no longer have a need to let off steam. Maybe you feel you've outgrown them. Maybe current-day design principles don't fit your expectations. It's certainly not a one-size-fits-all situation.

Southquarter.com/fms
    OK Thor! Thanks for stopping by. I see you have lots of useful things to do with your spare time.

I actually kinda agree with Thor. If it weren't for Arkane I'm not sure I'd play many games anymore (or more likely, I'd try to fly through my backlog, which I should start doing anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    That's really up to you to find out. If you used them as a release valve in the past, maybe you no longer have a need to let off steam. Maybe you feel you've outgrown them. Maybe current-day design principles don't fit your expectations. It's certainly not a one-size-fits-all situation.
    Yes, I suppose that might be the case, although "outgrown" sound too condescending. I don't like the idea of being "outgrown" on something I generally held so dear to me at some point (AND that has such an incredibly advanced industry behind it... just seems silly to "outgrow" something more advanced than you will ever be able to really understand [J.D.Carmack-ially speaking]). No, I think it's just more about where's you're at in life, which can be more non-linear kind of path rather than a simple linear regression https://i.stack.imgur.com/SbqXz.png
    OK Thor! Thanks for stopping by. I see you have lots of useful things to do with your spare time.
    HAHAHA! How did you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    I actually kinda agree with Thor. If it weren't for Arkane I'm not sure I'd play many games anymore (or more likely, I'd try to fly through my backlog, which I should start doing anyway).
    Yo, I'm not totally alone. And Arkane really is good at bringing in the hype (though I haven't played Dish 2. Intuitively, they're not a kind of company that should make sequels tho).

Southquarter.com/fms
    That's fine, but boring for you guys doesn't mean boring for everyone else. This hasn't been a great E3, but gaming in general is still pretty awesome right now, and also looking great for the future.