TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: E3 2017 IS HAPPENING

Level 10,000 achieved

E3 2017 IS HAPPENING

TIME TO GET HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPED

RPS' Graham Smith says E3 is as close as videogames gets to it's own Eurovision. And it's true! It's a big, dumb, exciting spectacle that we can all join in watching and discussing. Well, all of us except for those few who think they're too cool to partake in any of it. We shall mourn their tragic coolness even as we FEAST OUR EYEBALLS UPON NEW GAMES!

Level 10,000 achieved
    EA already had their press conference, here's The Verge's 8 min recap of it.

A buncha Star Wars and sports games, but also, amazingly, a couple new IP's!

Level 10,000 achieved
    One of the new EA IP's is Anthem, sci-fi game by Mass Effect devs, with a teaser trailer that didn't say much about anything.

The other one is a split-screen prison escape game called A Way Out.

From the makers of "Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons" it says, but apparently that doesn't mean it's by Starbreeze. It is written by Swedish writer-director Josef Fares, but I dunno if anyone else from the Brothers team is involved.

A Way Out looks interesting but also maybe terrible? The part in the presentation where the left-hand player was in a cutscene while the right-hand player was playing normally just made me go "wait, what? That's an awful idea!"

Still Subjective
    That's a poor idea but the overall thing looks really, really interesting coop. Reminds me a little of Splinter Cell coop, but arguably with more depth.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Oh dear.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    It is written by Swedish writer-director Josef Fares, but I dunno if anyone else from the Brothers team is involved.
    The guy said that it's being made by the Brother team.

Starbreeze has been haemorrhaging a lot lately. Payday talent working on Raid: World War 2, GTFO, The Outsiders.

Chakat sex pillow
    Hurray, more Ori! Given that Ori and the Blind Forest was one of the most gorgeous platformers ever made, the fact that they're making a follow-up to it is tremendous news. The difficulty curve in Ori was never the smoothest, given that from time to time it loved to drop you into buttfuck valley when you least needed to be, but it remains a touching and beautiful piece of platforming. A sequel? That just warms the cockles of my heart.

DISHONORED 2 DLC CAMPAIGN YES.

Thank god, I really wanted more Dishonored 2.

Edit: Oh fuck yes http://store.steampowered.com/app/61..._the_Outsider/

Also, uh...I'm kinda surprised they put a massive Dishonored 2 spoiler right into the DLC description.

Level 10,000 achieved
    DOOM VFR (haha, good title)

YUP. I'm onboard with that.

Moderator and Priest
    Man, that looks like Upchuck, The Videogame.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I don't think so. They're implementing teleportation-movement, touch controls, and hopefully rebalancing the game to play better in VR. I'm glad they're doing a lot more than just slapping VR-support on the game as it is and calling it a VR version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Thank god, I really wanted more Dishonored 2.

Edit: Oh fuck yes http://store.steampowered.com/app/61..._the_Outsider/

Also, uh...I'm kinda surprised they put a massive Dishonored 2 spoiler right into the DLC description.
    I really hope you get to choose between playing as Billy or Daud. All the screenshots on the Steam page make it look like it's a Billy only affair.

I wonder if they'll at least let you import a save. It seems weird that the canon version of Billy wouldn't be based on a low-chaos run of DH2.

lulz

And the only thing that matters:

Aaaand...what feels like Cuphead's 10th E3 trailer:

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    I wonder if they'll at least let you import a save. It seems weird that the canon version of Billy wouldn't be based on a low-chaos run of DH2.
    Non-lethally preventing Stilton from attending the ritual isn't a pre-requisite for a low-chaos run.

Chakat sex pillow
    We also finally get a sequel to The Evil Within, this time with more Silent Hill. I hope Mikami realises he's best when he plays to his strengths, because narrative isn't one of them, but compelling gameplay situations are.

Meanwhile: TNO 2 -- yes. I actually liked TNO's cutscenes plenty, so this sequel looks like exactly the kind of thing I've been waiting for.

Anyway, let's reiterate -- still the most gorgeous thing shown so far:

It's pretty stunning at 2160p in 60 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    We also finally get a sequel to The Evil Within, this time with more Silent Hill.
    Or maybe more Resident Evil, considering how the last one turned out.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

My dudes, Metro: Exodus will be open world sandbox survival. STALKER 2 is finally coming.
    https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/11...exodus-xbox-e3

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Or maybe more Resident Evil, considering how the last one turned out.
    We got enough of Resi and SH the last time around in TEW. Looks like the balance is shifting in favour of more psychological hijinks this time, though I'm not sure how that makes me feel considering TEW's SH bits were... not inspired enough. The DLC made a good fist of it from what I've played of the first bit, though.

Ooh, another anticipated game getting some trailer action (and also a steam entry, finally):

I have no idea how that is selling the game.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Oh dear.
    Yes, but.

https://youtu.be/OTQiu_oRMuc?t=6m42s

Actually, gameplay looks very similar to NfS Rivals, with a shitty story tacked on top. Rivals was decent, I just hope the story in Payback doesn't detract from the rest of the game. It probably will.
    Last edited by N'Al; 12th Jun 2017 at 04:09. Reason: Don't understand why it won't let me embed the video.