TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: A Letter of Appreciation to the Thief Community

Keyla the Otter

A Letter of Appreciation to the Thief Community

I'd say in about a year and a half, it'll be the 20th anniversary of Thief: The Dark Project. I remember playing this game the year it came out! I'm still playing it today and without the continuous drive and effort from not only the people who make fan missions but also the people working behind the scenes (artists, coders, scripters, voice actors, and other asset makers), I don't know if I would still be here playing Thief. It's great to see the series becoming more popular (especially the older games) thanks to the people who stream Thief on sites like Twitch and Youtube.

I didn't start using the internet until 2007, so I missed a great and exciting time between 1999-2005 when sites like Thief: The Circle and other community-run pages were really alive and bustling with activity. I'm talking when reviews were given to missions after being uploaded to the sites we download them from, Thief 2X was the talk of the town, and so on.

But I'm so glad to see that no matter how old the game gets, there's always something new coming out each week or month, community spirit is high, and people are always tweaking, building, and testing new things.

There might be days when you start to question the whole point of doing this, even suspecting that the game might die off in a year or two and nobody will really go back to it if it does, but you guys really have outdone yourselves and I just want to thank all of you for keeping this whole gig going through the years! And I hope it continues to thrive in the future. I might even start adding to the resources mission makers can use as well, in particular, sound effects.

Right now, I'm just having too much fun with my Guard voice project

*Draws an arrow back* "We've got him on the ropes!"

I make Thief stuff as part of my Community Service, it's that or scrape dead hedgehogs off the motorway.
    Cheers!

Spot on, Chris.

Where's my hedgehog scrapings? Did I miss the free giveaway?

Really nice to read something like that.

Oh yeah, 20 is a great number.