TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So shines a good deed in a weary world

So shines a good deed in a weary world

Can I get a little help here? As some of you may be aware, I am a caregiver for my mother who has Alzheimers. I have a really great neighbor who has helped me out several times. She is 90 years old, but still continues to do a lot of community work. She has watched over my little monster three times, giving me the opportunity to run to the store, or to the pharmacist. The last time she watched over my mother I came home to find her sitting on my mothers bed, holding her hand. She has a chance to have her roof replaced for free, providing enough people vote for her. If you could find the time, please go to https://noroofleftbehind.com/program...minationDetail (well fuck, why is that not a valid link?) and vote for "A roof for Mom" Her name is Aileen. BTW, she is 90 years old but for her 90th birthday she took a Segway tour of a local graveyard, and a pub crawl on a self-powered peddle driven wagon, so she probably has a few good years left in her, providing her roof doesn't cave in on her!
    Thanks to any who would help out with votes.

Got the link to work, I think
    Last edited by montag; 30th Jun 2017 at 04:27. Reason: cause stupid

Voted (with a throw-away mail account).

Done

Voted with my secondary Yahoo e-mail address.

Done.

Moderator and Priest
    Voted!

Chakat sex pillow

Quote Originally Posted by montag View Post
    . . . she probably has a few good years left in her
    From that photo, I'd say definitely. If she's remotely like my grandmother (and she sounds far more active although you don't mention whether she likes a whisky nightcap) she should have another 11 years.

Voted.

The deed is done.

Still Subjective
    Yep

Wow! Thanks so much y'all! Yes she is really interesting character and every evening a few of us meet at her house for "wee drinkie", she has her whiskey on the rocks without fail. A few years ago, if you told me I would enjoy sitting around with an old lady just shooting the shit for 1 1/2 hours every night, I would have called you crazy. She has some great stories, and I actually look forward to it every day. Tonight we had 7 people, a new record, and we tackled gun control. After firing off a few warning shots, they all agreed I could keep my small arsenal. Thanks so much for your support, I really appreciate it!

Done! Good luck!

Whiskey on the rocks? My kind of girl. Too bad you don't live near. I work with an organization called Hammers of Hope that does roofing for free for those in need but it's mostly in the surrounding counties.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    I work with an organization called Hammers of Hope that does roofing for free for those in need but it's mostly in the surrounding counties.
    Crazy! She is from Missouri originally! I hope she gets enough votes to win, but if she doesn't, I'm going to chip in a bit to help. These days she is the only one of us who has a real adult beverage, I used to join in but with the little monsters' mental decline I'm not comfortable having a drink before she is safely tucked into bed. A few years ago, before my father passed, I worked with Habitat For Humanity on two homes here (Cincinnati) and those people were so happy to learn a bit about construction and so proud to work on a home that would become theirs, it was really fun...had to take a little break there, the Pegster managed to get out of bed and onto the floor, I'm sure she has an UTI, taking her in to get (give?) a urine sample in the morning...anyway, why did I think you were in Australia? Thanks again to everyone!

Australia? Uh... I don't follow. Anyway I've done work with Habitat too here in Pontotoc. I do all construction, plumbing, wiring, framing, dry wall, and oddly haven't been employed at it since a teen. My Dad used to have us helping folks with stuff on the weekends fairly often. Roofing these days goes so much easier with slap tacks and lifts for the shingle bundles. It feels good to get a hug at the end of a hard hot day. Also it reminds me of my Dad who was the best human I've ever known.

I swear I'm just on the verge of a crying jag from drinking. Old buddy came by earlier and we drank a bit and talked of all the times we almost died or were arrested. Anyway Missouri is a bit far. I could ask but it's not my outfit.

I'm pretty sure the Hammers of Hope have secret designs on world domination. Or was it Hemorrhoids? Ham roll ups?
    Mmmh, time for breakfast.

Voted

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Australia? Uh... I don't follow.
    Yeah that's just me being stupid, I have no idea why I had that thought but I did, and I have to own that one. The Missouri mix-up came from me googling Hammers of Hope, the first couple of results came up showing that organization was in Missouri. Everyone knows the first result in a Google search is the right one, and there is never any point in researching more!
    Also, thanks Azaran!

Voted. Hope she gets it!

Show some decency, the lady is 90 years old, Turtle.

According to an email I just received, it looks like Aileen won!

Whoo! We did it! Will we get word from her? Come on, Aileen!

Thanks for reminding me of

That song title could really use a comma.

Considering the lyrics, that was probably intentional. Even more sickening is that it contains the lines: "Remember! - Too ra loo ra too ra loo rye aye! - Eileen, I'll hum this tune forever."
    Not "And you'll hum this tune forever." as many people think. Still makes you want to punch Kevin Rowland in the face.